+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
TRV is in process and not approved yet. Since VAC is closed. Can we still use the medical result for pgp ?? And use the web form to inform cic.

And should we use general web form OR email london VO?
Yes, you can use medical for pgp. You can email the medical receipt to them or submit the webform.

nsn

Mar 14, 2012
Hi,

How were you able to get PCC proactively in India. when i contacted they are asking for letter of request from CIC. when I read your message I too want to apply for PCC in advance and keep so that I can send as soon as request comes. thank you in advance

jaymistry

Dec 28, 2018
Hi need help. My inlaws are in Canada since may 2019 on visitors visa. I got email for their sponsorship that you are eligible for sponsoring and they are working on application. Status still same application received. I want to extend their stay due to covid-19. But when i am doing an online application its asking for upfront medical or appointment. I did their extension medical in jan 2020. Is there any way out or is it necessary to go through medical again?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi need help. My inlaws are in Canada since may 2019 on visitors visa. I got email for their sponsorship that you are eligible for sponsoring and they are working on application. Status still same application received. I want to extend their stay due to covid-19. But when i am doing an online application its asking for upfront medical or appointment. I did their extension medical in jan 2020. Is there any way out or is it necessary to go through medical again?
no you can use the medical. Are you sure you are applying for an extension?

jaymistry

Dec 28, 2018
no you can use the medical. Are you sure you are applying for an extension?
Thank you so much for your reply. Yes j am applying for their extension. I tried going through the questionery twice at the end it asks for upfront medical. Is there any way out?

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
What kind of questions was asked during the landing interview?
regular questions ...it is mostly where she was going to stay and also asked to sign three places on COPR and its copy (total 6 signature)

since one officer did everything for her, he also did "goods to follow" form for customs purposes. The whole process took more than 3 hours which was very stressful since she had a connecting flight to Toronto and she almost missed it.

There was a long line of people to complete landing which is opposite what we had thought it would be because of Coronavirus.... most of the three hours went by waiting. you get a ticket and wait for your turn.

but again this was all in Montreal....maybe it is different in other airports.

Krubzee

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Hi guys,

Just trying to find out if anyone else is one the same situation as mine.

I submitted my parents sponsorship application last June and it reached CIC Ottawa on June 27 2019. It's been almost a year now but no progress at all. Not even an acknowledgment on receiving the application. I tried to find out the status using the ecas online but it always comes back saying unable to find application. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong. Can someone help on what information I should provide to find my application status?

I'm using the below form to find the application status
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

Thanks in advance!
Krubz

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I was able to reach IRCC yesterday, took 40 minutes to wait, rep told me they are not at full capacity and cannot tell when it will be, some officers are working, the best now it’s to submit webform, might take a little longer than 5 buisness days to get an answer. Good luck to everyone!
This is the problem I have with the IRCC. They are not telling what % of the workforce is working. What is their level of service (2%, 10%, 30%)? What applications are considering essential or critical and processing them now?

Reactions: serious_cheese

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi All, I sent a question to the Mexico office to follow up on the decision made for PA. I told them I didn’t receive anything letting me know what the decision was and they replied today with this:

I can confirm that the file has been approved but that, do to the coronavirus pandemic, we are not in a position to proceed to the final steps. Mexico has officially declared the coronavirus pandemic a national public health emergency; suspending all but essential activities in the private and public sectors and asking the population to stay home. Accordingly, the Immigration section of the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City is currently working with essential staff only and providing essential urgent services through teleworking. This limits our ability to process paper-based applications, to request/receive passports, and to print visas. Equally, we are not in a position to extend or re-issue permanent resident visas for those who are unable to travel before the expiration of their documents. We will be in contact with you with further instructions when we are able to do so.