+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
I am excatly in the same boat. My parents did their biometric first week of Feb and no update after that. Their case is in Ankara office so I am not even if they have opened yet...
Ankara is open but prioritizing process of specific applications and PGP is not one of them. I emailed them last week to add a doc to my file and that was the response i received.
plus, i have a friend in CIC and she was saying background checks are very slow as it is done through a 3rd party agency. This also impacts immigration applications.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi Everyone, I need an expert advice on this case.

My brother is a dependent on PGP2019 application. He came to Canada on Study permit enrolled in September 2019. He got his biometrics done for his Study permit last year only which are valid until 2029(These biometrics are also populated in the dependents column for the PGP file in CIC account).

On March 6th, we receive the Biometrics request for My parents and my brother. My parents submitted their Biometrics on March 9th and my brother got the earliest appointment for Biometrics for first week of April which got cancelled and the Service Canada centres are still not open for Biometrics. Amidst this, we sent an email to CIC in May explaining our situation (asking if need to submit new ones or the ones we submitted last year are good for the application to proceed). We got this response:

Now, last week he applied for his work permit and yesterday he received a letter saying this:

Dear
Date:
www.cic.gc.ca/English/e-services/account.asp
www.cic.gc.ca
June 22, 2020

RE: validity of your biometric information
Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the
duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any
subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated
above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date
indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated
fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any

IMPORTANT
• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.
• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility
to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon
entering Canada.

Now, my question is at one point they ave acknowledged that they have our Biometrics for PGP, at other point they say we need to submit a fresh biometric sample for permanent residency application. Should I try to contact them again ? Or it is good as such. Thanks in advance
We submitted bio again even it was valid done for super visa.

Moneris

Oct 9, 2013
Hi everyone, I noticed that I mixed up my grandparent's birthdays in Additional Family Info application for my parent's sponsorship application (after over a year of submitting it...). Could that affect their decision about our application? Can someone who had similar experience advise please. Thanks!

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
For everyone who received DM2 which is DM for PA, and have not yet received PPR. Did you try to get a response from IRCC what the DM is ? Or did any one got their MP involved in getting a response from IRCC ? I know some of you are waiting for PPR since March, but did you try to get a response from IRCC ?

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
For everyone who received DM2 which is DM for PA, and have not yet received PPR. Did you try to get a response from IRCC what the DM is ? Or did any one got their MP involved in getting a response from IRCC ? I know some of you are waiting for PPR since March, but did you try to get a response from IRCC ?
I haven't. Probably wait until mid July and will start phoning or might submit a webform

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
I haven't. Probably wait until mid July and will start phoning or might submit a webform
Let us know when you follow up with IRCC what their response is....

A friend of mine called the call center today as he is also having DM 2 for SA since March and they told him not to worry everything on the file looks good. However they cannot inform him what the DM is because the Immigration Officer has not yet sent out a communication yet. Once he does sent a communication out, they can let him know what the DM is. However they told him Background check has been completed and all the checks are completed. It s a matter of time that he receives a communication from IRCC.

The wait is too long to know what the DM 2 is...

Reactions: Irynaken

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Everyone, I need an expert advice on this case.

My brother is a dependent on PGP2019 application. He came to Canada on Study permit enrolled in September 2019. He got his biometrics done for his Study permit last year only which are valid until 2029(These biometrics are also populated in the dependents column for the PGP file in CIC account).

On March 6th, we receive the Biometrics request for My parents and my brother. My parents submitted their Biometrics on March 9th and my brother got the earliest appointment for Biometrics for first week of April which got cancelled and the Service Canada centres are still not open for Biometrics. Amidst this, we sent an email to CIC in May explaining our situation (asking if need to submit new ones or the ones we submitted last year are good for the application to proceed). We got this response:

Now, last week he applied for his work permit and yesterday he received a letter saying this:

Dear
Date:
www.cic.gc.ca/English/e-services/account.asp
www.cic.gc.ca
June 22, 2020

RE: validity of your biometric information
Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in
support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify
you that your biometric information is valid until (yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent
temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
• Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the
duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
• You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any
subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated
above.
• However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date
indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated
fee for another ten-year validity.
• Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any

IMPORTANT
• This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your
flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.
• This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility
to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon
entering Canada.

Now, my question is at one point they ave acknowledged that they have our Biometrics for PGP, at other point they say we need to submit a fresh biometric sample for permanent residency application. Should I try to contact them again ? Or it is good as such. Thanks in advance
BIO from any other visa type is not valid and accepted for PR applications. You have to do the BIO again. Due to the Covid-19, all BIO submission date is extended until they are open in Canada.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi dude, as far as I remember today (June 18,2020) is your one year anniversary since application reached?
thats right, wow time flies but application does not haha
Congrats to your progress as well, seems a lot faster than mine.

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
I was able to reach IRCC yesterday, took 40 minutes to wait, rep told me they are not at full capacity and cannot tell when it will be, some officers are working, the best now it’s to submit webform, might take a little longer than 5 buisness days to get an answer. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: Irynaken

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Let us know when you follow up with IRCC what their response is....

A friend of mine called the call center today as he is also having DM 2 for SA since March and they told him not to worry everything on the file looks good. However they cannot inform him what the DM is because the Immigration Officer has not yet sent out a communication yet. Once he does sent a communication out, they can let him know what the DM is. However they told him Background check has been completed and all the checks are completed. It s a matter of time that he receives a communication from IRCC.

The wait is too long to know what the DM 2 is...
thanks for this info. I will keep you posted

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys,

Any movement from London Visa Office for applicants from Pakistan! I'm awaiting medical and PCC after SA approval in March 2020. Thanks.
Nothing from side in process still no request for Medical or PCC, the only thing that I received is when I sent them webform question asking them what happened to my application, they replies back "The application is under review by an assessing officer, however there are no further updates to provide at this time." Can anyone please give any explanation about this?? Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamied