+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
@bdidol,@robertp, @YULIA-2016, @vermas

Can you please advise, based on my timeline.
My mother did her Medical in 10, July 2019 and passed on 30th Oct, 2019, PCC was submitted upfront and Biometrics were done on 24th December. Since then its more than 5 months since her application is stuck at NDVO.

I ordered GCM notes generally I found ok with one note. Her TRV was refused once in 2015 due to lack of financial documents of PA which were not submitted that time. in 2017 we submitted all the documents and she got Super Visa.

We forgot to mention this information in her PR application.

there is a note on her file which reads as

" Officer Review **** Eligibility Passed***** Information on file and all supporting documents reviewed. Documents prove the relationship of the sponsor with the applicant. PA did not declare previous TRV refusal. However given PA's age, as well as the fact that she states to understand/speak neither English nor French, and the likelihood that the Schedule A form itself was not filled out by the PA herself other than her signature, I am satisfied there are no concerns under A16(1), A40. Meds - - Passed Crim - PCC reviewed, NRT. RCMP checks ongoing. Biometrics pending Info sharing - Biometrics pending *RF: Please send biometrics instructions. File to PA"

Although this note does not alarm anything however I submitted the correct form after reading this note via webform.

My questions to all experienced friends. her medical will expire on July 2020 which is just 1 month away. i have not got decision made, what should we do . she is in Canada since 2017 on super visa.

Thanks
I would send a email through the web form stating that your medical exams will expired. Asking for their advise on status of application

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
May applicant here, My SA is still in process
I was wondering if I could apply for student loan or I get any grant, Does that have anything to do with my sponsor application. I know as a sponsorship eligibility one should not have taken any social assistance but I don’t know if it also applies to student loan and grants

please advise

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
My parents GCkey account just changed. Counterfoil is not valid and COPR is valid.

They should receive PR Landing email in this week. Following are the timelines.

PPR - 16 March 2020
Passport delivered to Ottawa - 19 March
Approved in myCIC - 12 May
Received passports back - 25 May
Submitted webform and sent email to CIC-Etobicoke - 25 May
COPR valid date - 02 June
e-cas has also changed today to Complete with xyz entered Canada at Etobicoke IRCC on June 2, 2020 and became a Permanent Resident.

shduoduo

May 28, 2020
Has anyone with recent e-mail PR Landing already applied for SIN and OHIP cards?
-If yes, please share the list of documents used?
- Did you send both COPR documents (IRCC & Client copies)?
-Did you include pre-paid/self addressed envelope for return of your documents?
-Did you also include a picture?
I received e-mail PR landing for my mom's case.
Then I sent COPR document (IRCC copy only which has photo attached) to IRCC for making PR Card. I didnot provide any pre-paid envelope (it was not asked/mentioned in email PR landing letter).
I received PR Card in regular mail -- it took around 4 weeks (be precise, 2020-04-22 PR Complete Status in ECAS; 2020-04-26 Mailed out COPR with Photo; 2020-05-28 Received PR Card)

We applied SIN online after received PR card so provided PR card copy for SIN application. (waiting for SIN letter now)
We havenot tried OHIP mail option as we still have time (anyway need 90 days to get OHIP in effect) - maybe Service Ontario could open soon so we could apply OHIP in person.

Reactions: Irynaken

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Then I sent COPR document (IRCC copy only which has photo attached) to IRCC for making PR Card. I didnot provide any pre-paid envelope (it was not asked/mentioned in email PR landing letter).
I received PR Card in regular mail -- it took around 4 weeks (be precise, 2020-04-22 PR Complete Status in ECAS; 2020-04-26 Mailed out COPR with Photo; 2020-05-28 Received PR Card)

We applied SIN online after received PR card so provided PR card copy for SIN application.
We havenot tried OHIP mail option as we still have time (anyway need 90 days to get OHIP in effect) - maybe Service Ontario could open soon so we could apply OHIP in person.
Hey Thanks so much for your info. This helps a lot.
Many of Service Ontario are open now so you can apply for OHIP..

Reactions: shduoduo

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018

We applied SIN online after received PR card so provided PR card copy for SIN application. (waiting for SIN letter now)
Thanks for your feedback.
- Did you provide one additional pic when you sent IRCC copy of COPR or just the one which was already affixed on COPR?
- There are many Service Ontario centers open. Go to website and put your location, it will show centres near you which are open and closed. 3 months waiting period for OHIP card is waived off during Covid19.

Reactions: shduoduo

shduoduo

May 28, 2020
Thanks for your feedback.
- Did you provide one additional pic when you sent IRCC copy of COPR or just the one which was already affixed on COPR?
- There are many Service Ontario centers open. Go to website and put your location, it will show centres near you which are open and closed. 3 months waiting period for OHIP card is waived off during Covid19.
Thanks much for the information! I am going to search and try!!

I didnot provide additional pic. Just the one which was already affixed on CoPR.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Thanks much for the information! I am going to search and try!!

I didnot provide additional pic. Just the one which was already affixed on CoPR.
Did your mom sign the IRCC copy of COPR before returning it?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hasn't been a full 12 months of processing when processing has reduced dramatically in March.
We all know that...but this is June and what ever IRCC is doing, there approach should be changed to clear these files. Many applicants finished their medical over 6-10 months ago and IRCC is not providing any update what will happen to those files. They let people to go to home in March and as weeks goes by, most of the offices change the work policy and flexibility to continue to provide the services they supposed to do.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
hello guys .. question on behalf of my friend. If parents land in canada (ontario) do they need to be living in ontario for 3 months to get the health card or they can land and then leave canada and come back after 6 months and still get the health card.

Please advise

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
May applicant here, My SA is still in process
I was wondering if I could apply for student loan or I get any grant, Does that have anything to do with my sponsor application. I know as a sponsorship eligibility one should not have taken any social assistance but I don’t know if it also applies to student loan and grants

please advise