+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

imlynnnnn

May 28, 2020
Hi,

I just received the GCMS record for my mum's application today. Under the Organization and Entities section, I saw a note was put there as "applications impacted by Coronavirus " and "Coronavirus 2020". I wonder what does that mean? Does it mean the application processing was paused on applications like my Mum's?

We submitted her application on May 29, and biometrics was done Nov 2019. She passed medical in March 2020.

Will submitting a webform help? Thanks!

venm

May 4, 2017
Hi,

I just received the GCMS record for my mum's application today. Under the Organization and Entities section, I saw a note was put there as "applications impacted by Coronavirus " and "Coronavirus 2020". I wonder what does that mean? Does it mean the application processing was paused on applications like my Mum's?

We submitted her application on May 29, and biometrics was done Nov 2019. She passed medical in March 2020.

how long it took get GCMS notes? same timeline here

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
For GCMS notes, do we need applicant's consent through a signed form?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

All applications going through immigration have been either paused or processed extremely slowly. There seems to have been some increased activity in the past 2 weeks but it isn’t throughout the world. There are likely some new processing programs like we have seen for inland applicants where PPR isn’t requested and landing is not needed.

Reactions: serious_cheese

shduoduo

May 28, 2020
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Officially Mon finished the whole process and received PR card today! Cheers! Thanks ALL for all the useful information and generous help!

Apr 21, 2020 Email waive on landing. Confirmation on PR Status
May 28, 2020 Received PR Card

Line # in tracker:new
Sponsored People:Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship:China
Sponsor Province:ON
Invitations Receive Date:April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa Date:May 7, 2019
AoR Received (DATE):July 11, 2019
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: May 7, 2019Date: July 22, 2019Date: July 25, 2019
Ecas Status for permanent resident Application:
Appl. receivedIn ProcessDecision made
Date: May 7, 2019Date: Nov 4, 2019Date: Nov 22, 2019
Local Visa Office Name:CPC-Mississauga
Biometric request :Waived
MyCIC update:
IME (Medical )
IME RequestIME Passed
Date: August 15, 2019Date: August 29, 2019
PCC request:Sep 27, 2019
Additional document / travel history request date :Sep 27, 2019 (CV, Hukou, PCC, Travel History) / Nov 15, 2019 (Medical proof of relationship)
PR decision made date :Nov 22, 2019
PPR date :Jan 6, 2020
Comment / additional information :Jan 24, 2020 Passport mailed to Ottawa
Feb 3, 2020 Received passport and COPR Landing Paper
Apr 21, 2020 Email waive on landing. Confirmation on PR Status
May 28, 2020 Received PR Card

madisson

May 27, 2019
Hi,

Finally got the information of PR approved only via email from webform.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
Since we know that sponsoring your relatives is an important and significant event in your life, we want to ensure that you have all the information and tools at your disposal in order to make this process as easy and enjoyable as possible.

We can provide you with the following details about the status of your application to sponsor your parents.

• We are pleased to inform you that the permanent residence application has been approved. A correspondence will be sent to advise the sponsored person of this decision.
Your parent will be invited to send their passport to the Canadian visa office in Manila, Philippines, to obtain the permanent resident visa.

The officer will issue the Confirmation of Permanent Residence document which your parent will present at the port of entry in order to be granted the status of permanent resident of Canada.

Please note that due to the ongoing situation related to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), some IRCC offices are currently operating with reduced or critical staff only.

We are working on processing applications as quickly as possible; however, processing times are affected and any disruptions caused by COVID-19 may not be reflected accurately on our website. We will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Hopefully my MIL will receive the PPR soon.

I will keep this forum posted.

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
Hi,

My parents and parents in law has same time line with exception that Both application has reached to Decision Made state and when asking via Web form what is the status they mention due to Coronavirus situation everything is in paused state.

FreshT

Oct 16, 2019
All applications going through immigration have been either paused or processed extremely slowly. There seems to have been some increased activity in the past 2 weeks but it isn’t throughout the world. There are likely some new processing programs like we have seen for inland applicants where PPR isn’t requested and landing is not needed.
Good analysis, has anyone seen PPR waived from CPC-M?

rs33

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Still no news at all. We were late submitting. I think they received our application three days before the deadline. Had to wait till our child was born in early June 2019 because we knew she’d be born before the deadline and she’d be a dependent so had to give birthdate and name. Anyway... no AOR yet. :/