+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
are you sure she will be able to fly?
my mom’s flight (aircanada) supposed to be in June but it got cancelled. So make sure the flight is still on schedule.
As per Turkish Airlines website all flights are cancelled till May 28th but this may change anytime.

Apr 25, 2020
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well and staying safe!

I have a cic online account, and was asked to provide the additional documents for my application. Stupid me. I was not aware that I needed to submit the additional document via the online account. I have only submitted the documents to the provided email address within the time frame. When I found that I needed to submit the form through the online account, it was already too late. My question is whether the Immigration Office will still take my additional documents submitted through email as a part of their consideration? Thank you!
Hi there, I did the same thing used the email address they provided to me but I also mailed the hard copy. Only to find out months later that they were still asking for the docs. I then figured out how to go online and submitted them via the website. They also had a link there for a 'case specific' enquiry so I emailed them and showed the email I had sent with the date stamp on it and explained what happened. I got an email back a few days later saying they had received the documents. Maybe try to do that. I dont know why they give you that email address in the letter if its not going through it looks like it was returned as undeliverable

jay01

Star Member
May 24, 2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

• Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: SK
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 9, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): July 11, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: DM
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. DM
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Aug 20, 2019
  • Local Visa Office : New Delhi
  • Biometric request : Aug 13, 2019
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date : Nov 27, 2019
  • IME Passed date: Dec 13, 2019
  • PCC request: Aug 26, 2019
  • Additional document / travel history request date : Aug 26, 2019
  • PR decision made date : Feb 19, 2020
  • PPR date : Mar 26, 202
  • Passport received in Ottawa: Mar 30, 20
  • Passport returned with COPR: May 14, 2020
[/QUOTE]

pratikvyas333

Dec 16, 2019
I am stuck in social checks too. I reached out to my local MLA however they referred me to MP instead. Waiting for his reply.

I m in Richmond BC
I am from Surrey, the Same boat, status is in process since Jan 8, I sponsored my mother in law in past; let me know if you get any update, I am waiting for my case notes... trying to figure out the application procedure

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Can anyone help me - what will happen if my parents are unable to arrive in Canada before their PR visa expires? My parents got approved on March 17, 2020 and I am still waiting to book their flights but no luck yet. They have validity till August 2020.

Is there a way to extend the expiry? If yes, what will be the procedure and how early would I have to apply for it?

Last edited:

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
Can anyone help me - what will happen if my parents are unable to arrive in Canada before their PR visa expires? My parents got approved on March 17, 2020 and I am still waiting to book their flights but no luck yet. They have validity till August 2020.

Is there a way to extend the expiry? If yes, what will be the procedure and how early would I have to apply for it?

I thought visa validity is for one year or till medical expires??

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto

Send them a webform

If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.” This is from email they sent me

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Based on stage 1 - Opening, Does the Service Canada also become available for public ? I have biometrics deadline (June 3rd).

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
Send them a webform

If your CoPR expires before you are able to travel to Canada:

• If you have not already done so, please contact us using the webform to let us know if you are not able to travel to Canada before your document expires. If you have already done this, we have the information and you don’t need to submit another.
  • You may not get an immediate response to your enquiry indicating the next steps, but we are reviewing all enquiries. IRCC is working hard to determine the next steps for clients in this situation. We’re not sure yet when updates or instructions on this will become available, but we will make sure that they are communicated as soon as next steps are decided on.” This is from email they sent me
But question is how early I have to submit this webform considering visa expires in August?

joe9kah

Dec 20, 2015
I would do in June

my moms visa expires in October. If my mom won’t be able to come in August Im gonna send a webform in August. It takes a while for them to respond.
Thanks, so 2 months in advance. Do you know what is the process after that? i.e. do they have to do medicals again or send passport for stamping again etc.?

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Hi there, I did the same thing used the email address they provided to me but I also mailed the hard copy. Only to find out months later that they were still asking for the docs. I then figured out how to go online and submitted them via the website. They also had a link there for a 'case specific' enquiry so I emailed them and showed the email I had sent with the date stamp on it and explained what happened. I got an email back a few days later saying they had received the documents. Maybe try to do that. I dont know why they give you that email address in the letter if its not going through it looks like it was returned as undeliverable
I had submitted many of my docs through email address provided on "CIC request letter for documents". And they were received successfully. Customer care had confirmed the same. It says very clearly on the request letter you can either submit via email or via web form. And if someone has online account they can submit using that too. I am curious as to why email channel didn't work for you....

Maybe experts can shed some light on this situation too?

jay01

Star Member
May 24, 2013
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew@serious_cheese

• Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: SK
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 9, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): July 11, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: DM