+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Yes, that is the new arrangement IRCC has started. If your parents are already in Canada and you got your PR approved then you need not to go to border for flagpole. IRCC will either email you or will call you confirm your PR and then you will get your PR card directly. Your parents can go and apply for SIN and Health Card etc after IRCC confirms that PR is processed and PR card will be mailed to you.
Do we have to send a webform for this? My parents PR is approved before 18 March and inland appointment got cancelled due to COVID. Should i sent a webform to ask them?

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Yes, that is the new arrangement IRCC has started. If your parents are already in Canada and you got your PR approved then you need not to go to border for flagpole. IRCC will either email you or will call you confirm your PR and then you will get your PR card directly. Your parents can go and apply for SIN and Health Card etc after IRCC confirms that PR is processed and PR card will be mailed to you.
@jaindba : is this new arrangement only for people who had already received appointment for inland interview or its for any application that is approved for parents in Canada? I mean does the apply even to applications that are approved after lockdown in April?

RS91

Dec 4, 2018
CPC-Ottawa is open with very limited staff. Processing times are slow. They are currently issuing PRVs and COPRs to passport received on 10-11-12 March.
Good to know. I also sent my mother’s passport to Ottawa which was received by them on March 19. Hopefully we will get some news by mid May .

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
@YULIA-2016 @robertp :

File Update for Line 447 in Tracker - User - rax7187#1

- Received Pre-Arrival Service Letter via IRCC Login on 30th April 2020.
- Received Decision Made checked via ECAS on 30th April 2020.

Note: My parents application was in processing since January 10th 2020, If i haven't poked CIC Missisauga to verify their Medical Results and subsequently If I haven't proactively submitted Police Clearance Certificate and other Document to Delhi Office then I would be still in waiting state for my parents application.

I believe, I have to wait for Passport Request now.

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Good to know. I also sent my mother’s passport to Ottawa which was received by them on March 19. Hopefully we will get some news by mid May .
Let's hope so. My parents passports were also delivered on 19 March.

Reactions: RS91

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
Note:

My in-laws file is in Decision Made Status since 3rd of March 2020. Almost 2 months now. My wife talked today to Call Center Agent in Missisauga and they replied that no letter is issued and everything is on hold so my in-laws has to wait. We told them about our situation where my mother-in-law is in canada and father-in-law is in India and my mother-in-law has to fly back in July 2020. We asked them to expedite process otherwise she has to flight back again just for landing. But they kept saying they don't have answer and they don't see this as urgent situation.

Hope this COVID situation gets better.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Received my ATIP two weeks ago but I didn't check my email...

My mom passed her Biometrics in Jan 2020 and ME in Feb 2020. Two months have passed but her Eligibility and Security are still showing Not Started on ATIP report. Guess still a long way to go..

Aug 12, 2019
Hi All,

I have quick question, following is my profile (#573 on tracker abdulsamadfarook):

Invitation received on April 27th 2019
Main Application Delivered on June 07 2019
Additional Document requested on September 12th 2019 --> submitted on September 18th 2019
I was able to link my application with the CIC website
Additional Document requested on January 3rd 2020 --> submitted on January 9th 2020

After submitting the documents I did not receive any updates..therefore I called them a couple of times and they confirmed that my application is complete and is under process but I have not heard anything yet.

Is this normal ? or am I doing something wrong ?

Any advice would be really helpful.

Thanks
Abdul

S_Thind

Apr 24, 2019
I am June 12 applicant and applied from Ontario Canada. Processing date is Jan 29, and file transferred to London. No updates or request for PCC or medical. SA approved, PA DM in process. How about you?
Hello!
Did you Guys hear anything from London Office? I am in same boat, No updates since Oct 2019. PA DM in process
Should we be contacting someone?

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
This might have been asked, but I can't find it here. People that go to ECAS and see
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on November 25, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Both Medical and Biometrics were completed second week of Dec 2019 in Canada - sent right away to CIC via internal CIC system the clinic has. People that fit this description/stage, what stage are you on at the moment? Did CIC just stopped everything because of COVID-19, or some applications get to finish? Mine is quite since the end of 2019.

Same status.. waiting for PA DM.. !!

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hey guys. Can anyone advise if they have extended the stay for their parents or grandparents on supervisa ? Currently the pgp application is under process and their supervisa stay of 2 years Is expiring in 3 months. I want to be proactive and apply before hand. Can anyone help me if they have extended? How did you extend ? And if we can upload same medicals from PGP ? Also does it request to upload medical insurance ?
Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys. Can anyone advise if they have extended the stay for their parents or grandparents on supervisa ? Currently the pgp application is under process and their supervisa stay of 2 years Is expiring in 3 months. I want to be proactive and apply before hand. Can anyone help me if they have extended? How did you extend ? And if we can upload same medicals from PGP ? Also does it request to upload medical insurance ?
Thanks
You should wait until right before the Supervisa expires. They still have 3 months where they may get COPR.

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
You should wait until right before the Supervisa expires. They still have 3 months where they may get COPR.
It’s very hard in my case, my parents application is in New York and I’m not sure when they will reopen their visa application centres as they have been hit massively. Can I apply before 30 days ? But the processing time is 90 days that’s why I was taking precautions.