+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Hi, I need an expert advice on this.

I sponsored My mom, dad and Brother for PGP2019. AOR June 13. Local Visa Office NDVO. No requests for PCC or Medical yet.
Biometrics for Mom dad submitted March 9th. Biometrics for Brother - waiting for service Canada centers to start operating.

My brother is here in Canada on study permit which is valid until July 31, 2020. His program just got over. I am in a fix, how to proceed with his case now.
Should he apply for a work permit now ? Would it have an issue with his being "dependent in PGP application"

Anyone with a similar experience / case ?

Please advise. Thank you.
Hi, I have same case like yours. My brothers study was done In Jan 2020. IRCC told me about my brother that he just needs to make up his status in Canada, doesn't matter work or study. My brother is working full time now.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi, I have same case like yours. My brothers study was done In Jan 2020. IRCC told me about my brother that he just needs to make up his status in Canada, doesn't matter work or study. My brother is working full time now.
Great, thanks. Did you email them or call IRCC ?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Also, Did your brother submit his biometrics again for PGP application ?

My brother did his biometrics last year when he applied for study permit. Under CIC account, under dependents it shows his biometrics number from last year. For PGP also, he received a letter requesting for biometrics along with my parents. I called CIC to check if he needs to do it again - they said if he has been asked for then he has to. But now all appointments for service Canada have been cancelled. Let's see.

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Also, Did your brother submit his biometrics again for PGP application ?

My brother did his biometrics last year when he applied for study permit. Under CIC account, under dependents it shows his biometrics number from last year. For PGP also, he received a letter requesting for biometrics along with my parents. I called CIC to check if he needs to do it again - they said if he has been asked for then he has to. But now all appointments for service Canada have been cancelled. Let's see.
I didn't receive anything except AOR for my file yet but my brother has done Biometrics on the border last year in September when he went to border to get his coop work permit and those biometrics shows in my cic application under dependant name.

g_gurna

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Ask him need not to worry, just wait for the results on sponsorship application and him to try to achieve the minimum income requirements from now on. If the result is positive, means he got the SA keep the income level above required until parents application approval. If for some reason, ircc refused the case, ask him to appeal the case under humanitarian guidelines. If they are only 2 child and both are in Canada as permanent residents they can appeal the case and ircc will give them positive decision. Hiring a good lawyer will help.
Thanks for the information @Paul09. I think if they refuse it, he can apply under HCC for consideration. I remember one of my friend got affidavit from his sister to support for his parents, just have to confirm with him again. It could be possible or maybe not.

Reactions: Paul09

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sir I think you misunderstood What I was trying to say but thanks. And what would you suggest people who lost their job or income because of Covid-19? Who lost their one job and there's no second job available?
then why don't they sell their assets to realize a capital gain to meet the LICO? Or if they are eligible, apply income subsidy from the government .

jaindba

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
I agree it was confusing and both letters were issued within 4 days and was supposed to complete in 30 days. Both letter also had a note that this is to finalize PR application.

I had contacted CIC and wrote them a letter to confirm if have to go through both processes, no response on emails. CIC call center was also not sure but one of the agent suggested to inform LVO that we are opting out for Inland interview. Agent also told us that IRCC is trying out this New Inland process and officer must have missed interview letter and have issued PPR request.

Then COVID happened and interview got cancelled 3 days prior to interview date. Month letter got a call from Inland office that they are issuing PR. I was quite surprised and asked what else we have to do .. She said nothing else is required from PR point of view. All we have to do is start applying for SIN/Health and send them 2 Photos and they will send us PR Card.
Yes, that is the new arrangement IRCC has started. If your parents are already in Canada and you got your PR approved then you need not to go to border for flagpole. IRCC will either email you or will call you confirm your PR and then you will get your PR card directly. Your parents can go and apply for SIN and Health Card etc after IRCC confirms that PR is processed and PR card will be mailed to you.

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi all, for those who have received DM for PA, could you please share a print screen to show how myCIC page looks like? patiently waiting for the economy re-opening order and hope CIC can jump start on the processing again.

Thanks.

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
@Verooney @montu5742 @CoolTF @Jaklan
I am on the same boat with u guys, SA got stuck with social checks. Did any of you resolve the issue?

My GCMS notes showing social checks AB sent on Jan 23 and no updates after. Should I call Alberta Support to check?

I would like to know what to do to help with current situation. Any guidance is appreciated!
Hi , I have reached out to my area MLA in regards to SSC Checks for AB getting delayed.

He was able to help me out.

I would encourage you or any one else who are stuck with the issue do the same.

PaulKar9

Dec 1, 2016
This might have been asked, but I can't find it here. People that go to ECAS and see
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on November 25, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Both Medical and Biometrics were completed second week of Dec 2019 in Canada - sent right away to CIC via internal CIC system the clinic has. People that fit this description/stage, what stage are you on at the moment? Did CIC just stopped everything because of COVID-19, or some applications get to finish? Mine is quite since the end of 2019.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
This might have been asked, but I can't find it here. People that go to ECAS and see
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 4, 2019.
  2. We sent you medical instructions on November 25, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  3. Medical results have been received.
Both Medical and Biometrics were completed second week of Dec 2019 in Canada - sent right away to CIC via internal CIC system the clinic has. People that fit this description/stage, what stage are you on at the moment? Did CIC just stopped everything because of COVID-19, or some applications get to finish? Mine is quite since the end of 2019.
June 5 applicant, same status as above.

smehr077

Sep 11, 2019
Brampton, Ontario
@bdidol @YULIA-2016 @robertp

Please add the following information to the tracker:
  • Line # in the tracker: N/A
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 26, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 28, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometrics request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document/travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: serious_cheese

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Any idea when they will re-open again ? in May?
CPC-Ottawa is open with very limited staff. Processing times are slow. They are currently issuing PRVs and COPRs to passport received on 10-11-12 March.