+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
They are going by the application receive date in generally. DM2 was going on for the 3rd week of May before all this Covid issue started. From the tracker, except one person, there have been to DM2 for June yet. The people from the 3rd-4th of May are also waiting.
Thank you @bdidol This is helpful.

my application was received on May 22 and my parents medical passed recently, so does that mean that, once they resume the review (hopefully soon), that they would go through all the May'19 applications first? please share your thoughts. Thank you again.

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
When they are processed in Canada, they are generally processed in order of arrival to their office; however, the interesting part starts when they are sent to out of Canada local visa offices, my assumption is that they throw the applications in a room where they gather dust for a few months (sometimes a year) and then a janitor opens accidentally the door and says "hey guys!!! there are some applications here, are you going to process them?".
As I have seen in GCMS notes, each stage has a maximum date to be completed, so if a visa office completes it one week (or even one day) before that date, they hit their monthly key performance indicator (KPI) and their processing is deemed a "success". It's no wonder the GCKey says that your application will move fast when its close to the end of the processing time, they only care about falling within those 20-24 months because then they can publish on their site that they processed 90% of the apps within that time
You are going to see many apps that were completed in 6 months (or even less), but they do these ones to average the system, so if you have 1 application processed in 6 months and another in 18, when you average, you have 12 months, which is considered very very good (compared to the standard time: 20 to 24 months)
I know it sounds crazy, but my application has been in "Application received" since it was sent to Mexico (August 20, 2019), so the theory might have some truth hehe :D
Thank you for your reply @diegosolano, it makes sense to me. And I wish a expedite process for you and all fellow applicants.

Darianchik

Feb 11, 2019
Hi everyone! I have a question about income for this 2019 applications. I applied in 2019 and still waiting to be processed. I had enough income 2018, 2017, 2016. Since I am still waiting there is a question about 2019 income. I started my own business and I still have enough gross income in 2019 but my accountant just made a tax return and claim my expenses and my net income slightly below requirements ( I don't know how much it should be 2019). I know that I have to continue to receive enough income to be eligible and I do continue but because of this tax return I am just started worrying if I would need to claim fewer expenses in order to receive a higher net income number for 2019. Any ideas or suggestions?

By the way
My application was received on June 6, 2019, they asked for additional documents in September 2019, it was submitted in October 2019 and no news since October

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I have a question about income for this 2019 applications. I applied in 2019 and still waiting to be processed. I had enough income 2018, 2017, 2016. Since I am still waiting there is a question about 2019 income. I started my own business and I still have enough gross income in 2019 but my accountant just made a tax return and claim my expenses and my net income slightly below requirements ( I don't know how much it should be 2019). I know that I have to continue to receive enough income to be eligible and I do continue but because of this tax return I am just started worrying if I would need to claim fewer expenses in order to receive a higher net income number for 2019. Any ideas or suggestions?

By the way
My application was received on June 6, 2019, they asked for additional documents in September 2019, it was submitted in October 2019 and no news since October
it should base on your gross income instead of net income.

Reactions: g_gurna

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
I am last week of May applicant and both applications are "inprogress" as of now. How can I ask to expedite at least sponsorship application

salmanali203

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
2 jan 2017
Med's Done....
Med Passed 16 Feb 2017
Passport Req..
09-03-2017
i received the pcc request too but everything is closed due to lockdown in India. What can we do in this situation?
Guys,

can anyone suggest what can i do, i got request to submit pcc but everything is closed due to lockdown in India.

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018

By the way
Eligibility is based on net income (gross income- expenses) i.e. line 150.

fardinhakim

Nov 27, 2016
Hi, I have received a letter from IRCC to submit my parents original passport for Permanent Residency VISA on Feb 20 ( I was part of 2019 program) I mailed them to Ottawa office on March 19. I have not received my parents passport back yet!
tracking Canada Post shows it has been successfully delivered.
do you think there is concern here since I have not received my parents passports for more than 1 month or is this just due to office closure for COVID19 ?

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Hi, anyone applied on June 28th and received AOR or sponsor approval?