+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
are they processing any apps right now?
are they even working?
I thought they are all closed
Very hard to know what level of processing is going on. Certainly some processing is going on but nowhere near the normal volume. Immigration has lots of privacy rules so it isn’t easy to work from home.

acalinao

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
A negative test result means that nothing adverse was found for immigration purposes? Sorry to ask but I am not familiar with medical terminology.
[/
A negative test result means that nothing adverse was found for immigration purposes? Sorry to ask but I am not familiar with medical terminology.
Correct. They didn’t find TB in the sample. No need to worry.

The Acid Fast Test is the stain used to look at TB under the microscope and if it’s negative, it means they couldn’t find the bacteria.

MCT not isolated means the Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Complex did not grow in the sample.

Also just for information purposes, even if it did come back positive for TB, it wouldn’t prevent your parents from immigrating here. Canada provides free medication and hospitalization if needed for people who are here on a visitor’s visa if they have active TB.

Reactions: kulb

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
unless your application can not be done by tax season of 2021 which likely not happening in your case. take care.
Thanks so much for the response.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
App recvd - may 27, 2020.
Office - delhi India
Decision made applicant- march 11, 2020
Passport request - march 16, 2020
Passport submitted VFS - march 17, 2020

If my parents get their passports stamped can they complete landing if the lockdown is lifted from India ?

Reactions: serious_cheese

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Office - delhi India

If my parents get their passports stamped can they complete landing if the lockdown is lifted from India ?
No. Travel exemptions to approved PR applicants are for those who got the approval on or before March 18. It is very unlikely that they stamped it on 18 March which is a day after you sent the passports.

Here is the link -->

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html

Reactions: canuck78

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Hi guys,

@robertp @canuck78

My mom's application is under process, status is DM for SA. She is here with me on super visa and her visa expires on June 2. I'm applying for a second extension for one year as I got one last year. Do I have to mention the reason, which is primarily Covid 19? I believe her PR processing has no bearing on an extension, since that is also not in its final stages, and thus can't be the reason for the extension. Any suggestions regarding extension would really be appreciated. Thanks.
Need some advise as i am also thinking of applying for extension for my parents on Super Visa. When applying online i think they ask for the copy of the "passport page where officer stamped on entry to Canada". Basically, online documentation for extension of visa says they can only stay in Canada until the stamp date on entry. My parents don't have any stamp date on entry and officer basically verbally told them they can stay for 2 years. So i am not sure how to prove they could legally stay for 2 years here. Or do i need to prove that or say anything about it in extension application?
@Hamied Does your Mom have a stamp date on passport or not? If not are you submitting any other documentation to prove that she could leagally stay for 2 years?

@robertp @canuck78 Can you guys recommend something in my situation?

Last edited:

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Need some advise as i am also thinking of applying for extension for my parents on Super Visa. When applying online i think they ask for the copy of the "passport page where officer stamped on entry to Canada". Basically, online documentation for extension of visa says they can only stay in Canada until the stamp date on entry. My parents don't have any stamp date on entry and officer basically verbally told them they can stay for 2 years. So i am not sure how to prove they could legally stay for 2 years here. Or do i need to prove that or say anything about it in extension application?
@Hamied Does your Mom have a stamp date on passport or not? If not are you submitting any other documentation to prove that she could leagally stay for 2 years?

@robertp @canuck78 Can you guys recommend something in my situation?
your passport doesn't get stamped unless you ask and then go to the kiosk to get it stamped, everything recorded electronically now

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Correct. They didn’t find TB in the sample. No need to worry.

The Acid Fast Test is the stain used to look at TB under the microscope and if it’s negative, it means they couldn’t find the bacteria.

MCT not isolated means the Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Complex did not grow in the sample.

Also just for information purposes, even if it did come back positive for TB, it wouldn’t prevent your parents from immigrating here. Canada provides free medication and hospitalization if needed for people who are here on a visitor’s visa if they have active TB.
Can you send us a link which confirms highlighted words you stated above?? It looks incorrect.

iliveinbanff

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-04-2019
AOR Received.
15-11-2019
Med's Request
19-12-2019
Hello everyone. I am on the process of extending my mom's stay. They are asking for upfront medical. She already did medical in Manila last December but when i checked the status of her application online it doesnt have an update yet for her medicals. which copy should i provide? thanks

Laplaguita

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hello everyone. I am on the process of extending my mom's stay. They are asking for upfront medical. She already did medical in Manila last December but when i checked the status of her application online it doesnt have an update yet for her medicals. which copy should i provide? thanks
I did it with the copy I got from my doctor on the first appointment. They were still valid like yours and IRCC accepted those

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Office - delhi India

Not essential travel.
Get the doctors office to send it again. Send a webform to CIC saying that your mother did medicals in December that should be good for 1 year.

Reactions: iliveinbanff