+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gillQA

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ontario
Hello Expersts
If I go for EI due to this covid situation.
Will that effect my PGP application or not means taking this type of social assistance void my eligibility?
Thanks in advance

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
it looks that I won't be able to get my ATIP...40 days passed though

Reactions: Adelina2091

racinvr8

Jul 19, 2019
I had the same question, does going on EI affect the application? Bear in mind my Sponsorship Application and Permanent application status are both set to Decision made.

hinavin

Dec 2, 2010
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, Ontario Canada
Reactions: canuck78

navin1207

Mar 3, 2018
Hi guys, my father has to undergo a sputum test in New Delhi, but due to the Covid 19 situation, Delhi is under lockdown, and he is not able to reach out to the panel hospital. we have a timeline to undergo this test before April 2nd, 2020 but this doesn't seem possible.

Is there a way i can update CIC about the status to get some additional time? any email or phone number to reach out to them, please?

geol

Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys, my father has to undergo a sputum test in New Delhi, but due to the Covid 19 situation, Delhi is under lockdown, and he is not able to reach out to the panel hospital. we have a timeline to undergo this test before April 2nd, 2020 but this doesn't seem possible.

Is there a way i can update CIC about the status to get some additional time? any email or phone number to reach out to them, please?
Though Delhi is under lock down but not for medical facilities. You can always go to hospital for medical test by carrying the mail from IRCC. No body will stop you.

smjafri

Star Member
Nov 3, 2008
Guys, I need help.

Background:-
my sponsorship application is stucked at "in process" as of Jan 28th.

I request MP office to check and reply is "IRCC has sent a message to the Ontario government asking for a review of your eligibility. Basically they just want to be sure that you’ve never collected government assistance (other than disability funding) from the Ontario government. "

GCMS notes are stating -
SC sent of 29th Jan

Sponsored people:Parents (Mom & Dad) + brother
Parents country of citizenship:Pakistan
Province: OntarioOntario
Invitation received:APRIL 24 @ 3:45pm
Application Received in Ottawa date:June 11 (Canada Post confirmation signed by SCI SCHUITEBOER)
AOR Received:Oct 11th, 2019
Ecas:Oct 3rd, 2019
Linked applicationOct 3rd, 2019
Aor change to in processJan 28th, 2020

Help Needed-
What can i do to get the Ontario government response or have IRCC resend the mail (as it might be lost)
Hi Malik,

Did you get any update on it?

Thanks,

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Just send a webform indicating there will be a delay because of the inability to reach Delhi because it is under lockdown. I wouldn’t worry. CIC has received a huge volume of emails so it may take a while for a response so don’t worry and contact them again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Oops...such are the times!

Thanks for the heads up. Back to wait and watch - and I suppose it is only fair that governments are trying to do all they can to keep us safe!
The last thing the system needs is more international travellers coming into Canada. Exceptions are being made for people who have homes in Canada because staying in a hotel won’t be possible indefinitely especially when you made arrangements to be back in Canada at a certain time.

Reactions: hinavin

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Though Delhi is under lock down but not for medical facilities. You can always go to hospital for medical test by carrying the mail from IRCC. No body will stop you => this is not correct, it is governed by its laws, if they said closed due to covid19, for safety, the letter from IRCC does not help at all. .
@Navi0007 send them a webform they will extend another 90 days.

Reactions: deepi06

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hello Expersts
If I go for EI due to this covid situation.
Will that effect my PGP application or not means taking this type of social assistance void my eligibility?
Thanks in advance
I had the same question, does going on EI affect the application? Bear in mind my Sponsorship Application and Permanent application status are both set to Decision made.
IRCC will use incomes immediate before the date of your applications which is likely 2016,2017,2018. Covid19 outbreak 2020 so the issues will likely applied for 2021 applicants and after or maybe 2019,2020 applicants have not completed applications yet and IRCC asks for re-assessment incomes before decision made.
Even this happens I believe that IRCC will apply some exceptions for this unprecedented situation.

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

Ontario government announced on March 20 that it will waive 3 month waiting period for OHIP cards (Health Cards).

Does anyone know this will actually work? My parents applied for health cards about a month ago.
Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

Ontario government announced on March 20 that it will waive 3 month waiting period for OHIP cards (Health Cards).

Does anyone know this will actually work? My parents applied for health cards about a month ago.
Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks
It should. They should receive their cards soon. It is so that covid patients will seek help and not spread the virus more.