+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

keyaar

Mar 6, 2019
Our Bio metrics has been done and submitted three weeks ago in London. All other requirements like medical, police certificates, travel history has also been submitted long before this. We have received the welcome pack too. Can anyone tell me what is the next procedure or time required for DM or request for passports from London visa office?

canadagoose1

Jan 29, 2018
@canadagoose1
when did you recieve your PPR letter. I mean after how many days of status change to "Decision made"?
and also when did you receive refund for biometrics relative to "Decision made" date?

I am asking because my parents received "Decision made" a week ago and they haven't received any PPR letter or any refunds yet.
I don't think we will receive PPR during COVID 19, this is now in limbo.

test20

Apr 28, 2019
My dad had history of cancer from 2013 and we provided a resumen from the doc who was doing his follow up visits. It was showing type, stage etc and then they provided a resumen of all the follow up visits (It was from Spain though).
Ask your mom’s doctor to provide a report giving details on type, stage, treatment, prognosis etc, it should work.
Thank you so much , Would you mind providing me a sample copy of it , My Mother oncologist is from India and he is not sure what he should add in his report.

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.
Nov 24
Med's Request
Jan 24
Med's Done....
Feb 07 ## Third Line : March 27
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
HI @robertp ,

I am sure many have asked this question before, but i still have my side of confusions :

- My mom was asked to do furtherence request for sputum test on january and finally yesterday got to hear from the hospital that results are NEGATIVE
- the panel physician clinic is now closed till this COVID thing is on.

my question is how will the hospital contact the panel physician during this time, or they are not able to send the results to them at all ? and

how much this will push the timelines ( any ball park figure ?)

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
A close family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is:

☑ the spouse or common-law partner;
☑ a dependent child; and
☑ the dependent child of the dependent child noted above.

Canadian border service agency
thank you for this clarification

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Thank you so much , Would you mind providing me a sample copy of it , My Mother oncologist is from India and he is not sure what he should add in his report.
Hey
Ours was all in Spanish and being from public health it had just a standard format.
It stated my dad’s name DOB health care number etc.
Then the diagnosis, type, stage etc
It was not something written by the doctor at that moment, it was like getting history of your medical records.
From India, just ask the doctor to provide you history or to make a report mentioning evrything about stage type treatment and response to treatment etc and any further tests that were pwrformed where no signs of cancer were present.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
A close family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is:

☑ the spouse or common-law partner;
☑ a dependent child; and
☑ the dependent child of the dependent child noted above.

Canadian border service agency
thank you for this clarification
New update Mar, 22 2020
An immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is
(a) the spouse or common-law partner of the person
(b) a dependent child of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
(c) a dependent child of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b)
(d) the parent or step-parent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
(e) the guardian or tutor of the person

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Reactions: Irynaken

Sanjib2017

Nov 28, 2017
Hi Expertise,
My parents staying with me Since April 22, 2018. Do they need to extend their visa after two years of staying? Their super visa expires on June 20,2021. Their PR file still in process. Please advise.

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
New update Mar, 22 2020
An immediate family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident is
(a) the spouse or common-law partner of the person
(b) a dependent child of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
(c) a dependent child of a dependent child referred to in paragraph (b)
(d) the parent or step-parent of the person or of the person’s spouse or common-law partner
(e) the guardian or tutor of the person

source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

this is very helpful. thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks! That makes sense...just that cannot trust that the medical facilities in Idian cities would be anywhere at par with what we can get here in GTA with our much smaller population.

But your point does make sense, nevertheless!
Wouldn’t risk flying and getting to an airport as an elderly person unless you were in a country with no services. Sheltering in place is the best answer. The Canadian health system work at almost 100% capacity so there may also be choices about who gets a ventilator in Canada.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017