+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No. I'm in Ontario. is there a different entity in Ontario to verify social insurance status??????????? thanks.
Your name has a Quebec flag. Ontario works verifies whether you ever received social insurance. Definitely something to look into but it should have said waiting for social insurance verification on your GCMS notes. Because of covid nobody may be actually doing these verifications at the moment.

Irynaken

Star Member
Jul 17, 2019
Hi everyone,
So we got DM2 on March 12. What re your thoughts on the PPR request? Not happening now because of COVID-19 for a while?

Sumeet2019

Star Member
Jun 17, 2019
Hi Admins . Got the stamped passport back today . But i don't want my parents to come at this point of time ( within 4-5 months ) because of the current situation. Is there a way we can postpone their travel to next year ?

Reactions: robertp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Admins . Got the stamped passport back today . But i don't want my parents to come at this point of time ( within 4-5 months ) because of the current situation. Is there a way we can postpone their travel to next year ?
No unless the planes are not flying and to Canada is not admitting FNs from your home country.

Reactions: Sumeet2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
your visa is valid until Oct 2020.

Is there a way we can postpone their travel to next year ? dont know yet. call CIC to get more info.

SanaLpn123

Oct 6, 2017
@robertp I am June 20 applicant. Sponsored my parents from India. I got a letter saying I’m eligible to sponsor. On cic website it says DM for sponsor and in process for PR. It says they have sent a letter to our mailing address on March 6. We have not received anything yet. What should I do?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
your visa is valid until Oct 2020.

Is there a way we can postpone their travel to next year ? dont know yet. call CIC to get more info.
Would wait @Sumeet2019. Think they are dealing with cases that are in the next month or so. Given that you have until October to land they won’t be in a position to extend at the moment. If this continues until August maybe. Remember that medicals are valid for a year. Your parents can be asked to repeat a medical to make sure they are still healthy.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
@robertp I am June 20 applicant. Sponsored my parents from India. I got a letter saying I’m eligible to sponsor. On cic website it says DM for sponsor and in process for PR. It says they have sent a letter to our mailing address on March 6. We have not received anything yet. What should I do?
I received very same message back in January and also never received the actual letter. Someone in this forum mentioned that they have outdated system and it s actually a glitch as they don’t mail letters.

Anyone please confirm if it s actually the case

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
I received very same message back in January and also never received the actual letter. Someone in this forum mentioned that they have outdated system and it s actually a glitch as they don’t mail letters.

Anyone please confirm if it s actually the case
check Biometric letter.if its same date.That letter is for biometric. Nothing to be worried.
@SanaLpn123

SanaLpn123

Oct 6, 2017
Yes, i received the electronic bio letter, but nothing was sent by mail. I understand how it work now but it was really confusing at the beginning
i have not received any biometric letter yet? When I called them, they said it is for biometrics. How can I get the biometrics done without the letter though? Since I was unable to link the account, they said they only send mail in that case?

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
i have not received any biometric letter yet? When I called them, they said it is for biometrics. How can I get the biometrics done without the letter though? Since I was unable to link the account, they said they only send mail in that case?
I would contact them via web form and ask them to email this letter.