+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi did you find out if your parents can come as immediate family members? My parents also have COPR can they come ?

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
Here some good news for you.
If the principal applicant passes away during processing of the application, an officer is authorized to process the surviving spouse or partner as the principal applicant. To qualify, that person must be a family class member in their own right, i.e. also be the sponsor’s parent or grandparent.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/non-economic-classes/family-class-circumstance.html#circumstances
Thanks this is helpful. Any idea how long would they take to make a decision on sponsor's eligibility?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi did you find out if your parents can come as immediate family members? My parents also have COPR can they come ?
You should also consider whether they qualify for healthcare on arrival also when considering travel. If not getting insurance is likely impossible thus a big risk financially and health wise. Do they have flights already. Based on current information no they don’t qualify since Canada considers spouses and dependent children as immediate family but the situation is fluid. Honestly Canada does not want FNs because of the extra strain on our healthcare system and many without adequate or no healthcare coverage.

AKhanW

Star Member
Dec 24, 2016
hello everyone... Today I received an update that my father and mother in law super visa got refused...the reason for both is the same "You have not complied with our request for information. Per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA to date. You have failed without request...

Anyone have any idea what next step I can take. Help and assistance will be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hello everyone... Today I received an update that my father and mother in law super visa got refused...the reason for both is the same "You have not complied with our request for information. Per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA to date. You have failed without request...

Anyone have any idea what next step I can take. Help and assistance will be highly appreciated.
please post in the appropriate section which would be visitors. This thread is for PGP.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

They asked for some additional docs which you didn't provide

Hp_ness

Dec 31, 2018
Hello experts,

I was invited and have submitted application for my grandmother as part of PGP 2019 on June 15th. I received a letter from CIC that there was some missing info on the imm5406 form (which was true - I did miss some info) on Nov. 1 and I resubmitted the next day Nov. 2 - via email to the long mailbox address they asked me to. It has been over 4 months now and have received no correspondence. A) I hope they received it all but have no acknowledgment from them, B) when is it an appropriate time to follow up? And C) what number should I call to check for status or atleast the fact that they do have it all that they need?

can someone please help comment or guide, I am little worried at this point?
Can someone hit this please? Robert?!

salmonarm

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Thanks, @bdidol.
In the HK email, it said "Updated Original police certificates from each country in which you have spent 6 months or more since the age of 18." I already had one from China. Do I have to apply PCC from Canada as well at this time? Thanks a lot!
Not if you lived in Canada for the past six months or for the majority of your life after 18 years old

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hello experts,

I was invited and have submitted application for my grandmother as part of PGP 2019 on June 15th. I received a letter from CIC that there was some missing info on the imm5406 form (which was true - I did miss some info) on Nov. 1 and I resubmitted the next day Nov. 2 - via email to the long mailbox address they asked me to. It has been over 4 months now and have received no correspondence. A) I hope they received it all but have no acknowledgment from them, B) when is it an appropriate time to follow up? And C) what number should I call to check for status or atleast the fact that they do have it all that they need?

can someone please help comment or guide, I am little worried at this point?
Can someone hit this please? Robert?!
A /C: : you still have Temp. file # start with X. wait until CIC not active your Ecas.
B: wait. ( you can call CIC and ask if they can reply with Temp. file # about document submission status. ) few like you still waiting for Ecas. check here

myahya

Jan 4, 2018
Ontario
Although i ordered GCMS last month but nothing so far. i think our application is stuck in some kind of social insurance check as i had sponsored my wife in 2014 as well. is there a way to call and check with social insurance ppl ? thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Although i ordered GCMS last month but nothing so far. i think our application is stuck in some kind of social insurance check as i had sponsored my wife in 2014 as well. is there a way to call and check with social insurance ppl ? thanks
If you are from Quebec you are likely stuck in CSQ. There is a separate thread for the Quebec PGP applications.