+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi Hamied,
How did you linked MyCic with the application? I am sponsoring my parents, but when I try to link to the application, I got "not found" all the time. In the Applicant field, do you input your passport info or your parents' passport info?

Thanks!
Hi, Robert already shared a link. Please try that.

Sep 4, 2018
Hello Friends, I have a question regarding the application. As part of sponsorship approval letter CIC asked for my parents Biometrics, PCC and other docs. This is done but one of the requirements is confusing me a little bit:

Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.

We submitted a copy of their passport with the application but only the main page (which contains name/dob, and other info). But the last line here says 'all pages' does it mean I really have to scan every single page of their passport and send or am i reading too much into it?

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
@montu5742
@CoolTF
Check this!
Contact this person
@calgary17
Okay So I called the contact person in this case Jana Harvie ( Jana) and explained all the things saying that Immigration is waiting on the confirmation from SSC Alberta and I am wondering if she or other person in the department can reply. She said to me that she never heard Immigration contacting Social Service Department before directly for any sort of verification. She can send me ( personally) a letter through email saying that I have never had any social assistance and I can forward that to Immigration.

Anything I could do further over here ?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
@calgary17
Okay So I called the contact person in this case Jana Harvie ( Jana) and explained all the things saying that Immigration is waiting on the confirmation from SSC Alberta and I am wondering if she or other person in the department can reply. She said to me that she never heard Immigration contacting Social Service Department before directly for any sort of verification. She can send me ( personally) a letter through email saying that I have never had any social assistance and I can forward that to Immigration.

Anything I could do further over here ?
yes i recieved that same letter from her office and had it forwarded to IRCC with my MPs office involvement and guess what after a day of them recieveing my letter i got the medicals !

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello Friends, I have a question regarding the application. As part of sponsorship approval letter CIC asked for my parents Biometrics, PCC and other docs. This is done but one of the requirements is confusing me a little bit:

Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more. Please ensure
to include all pages of the passport.

We submitted a copy of their passport with the application but only the main page (which contains name/dob, and other info). But the last line here says 'all pages' does it mean I really have to scan every single page of their passport and send or am i reading too much into it?
Yes

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
yes i recieved that same letter from her office and had it forwarded to IRCC with my MPs office involvement and guess what after a day of them recieveing my letter i got the medicals !
Interesting. How did you know that they were waiting for that letter in your case ? Have you asked for the Notes from immigration department ?
How can I forward that letter once I have received it ? In my case there is no MP involved too

SiriA

Jan 11, 2019
@Yulia @ robert
Finally received the PCC, Medical and Biometrics (for mum, which was missing from the earlier request) on March 11. Also was asked for 6 photographs and the travel history form.
Anyone from Chennai, India. Any experience with the panel physicians?

Reactions: robertp

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Interesting. How did you know that they were waiting for that letter in your case ? Have you asked for the Notes from immigration department ?
How can I forward that letter once I have received it ? In my case there is no MP involved too
You just attach the letter in a webform and send it.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I have been asked to provide Country Specific Requirements forms and if parents live in another country for example Qatar but they are citizen of different country (India), do I have to provide country specific documents for Qatar or India ? @calgary17 you might be able to help as your parents stay in Spain.
Even I wasn’t sure about this, just to be on safe side I sent their birth certificates.
I think we are supposed to send the country specific docs for both country of residence and citizenship.

Also alot of people got a request later to provide Sponsor’s birth certificate + other proofs of relationship b/w sponsor & PA, from that I imagine these country specific requirement are meant for Sponsor and not for PA.
So to clear this confusion, I sent parents birth certificates as well as my BC + my adhaar card + 10th/12th certificates (these were the only docs I have).

Reactions: Smileforu

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
You just attach the letter in a webform and send it.
I have the gckey account for my Parents sponsorship file, would I be able to attach the letter over there and send it ?

Or

Is there any separate WebForm I should fill out and send it through there ?