+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
This is my own opinion...….
I don't think the Province affect our application. It's just case to case basis.
IRCC have the same procedure of processing it. It is also on our end as an applicant how our application be processed, like depends on how we comply on the required docs, etc.
We're very thankful we are currently on the process unlike other that never got a chance to have a slot for 2019 PGP.

Goodspeed to all of us.
No. It's been reported by many users already. The communication channel between AB and IRCC is broken (the social assistant check is applicable for any applicant where there is a previous sponsorship history and for other province, the communication system is working).

Reactions: Lhay

ZetikaR

Mar 12, 2020
Hi someone can tell me how is the process for sponsoring Grandparents on 2020. Did this process already start? Thank you

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Thank you @calgary17 . Should I just assume at this point that we are stuck at the social assistance check ? ( since its been 2 months already )
Paging @Jkalan for helping us out over here and give us the contact number to start the ball rolling on this.
Fyi to any Albertans who are still waiting for SA approval

cc: @CoolTF
Chances are high that it would be social assistance check but you can order gcms notes to confirm.
Did you or your co-signer sponsor someone in the past?

montu5742

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Chances are high that it would be social assistance check but you can order gcms notes to confirm.
Did you or your co-signer sponsor someone in the past?
I sponsored my wife in 2016 when I was in Saskatchewan. I am sponsoring my parents now ( without co-signer) in 2019
If I order the gcms notes ,Correct me if I am wrong but it might take at least a month to get back to me with all the results ?

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
My wofe is co-signer but I get married in 2018. She arrived in Canada in 2019. So she is co signer for 2019. And coming years
i
Thank you very much @calgary17 and @montu5742 .. do you guys know the number for social assistance in Alberta. I checked the thread and I was not able to get that information.
1-877-644-9992 alberta social assistance check !

Reactions: montu5742

ayaan2019

Feb 15, 2019
i

1-877-644-9992 alberta social assistance check !
780-833-4345 jana harvie acting manager for SSC checks alberta ! very nice lady if you are not from edmonton area she will direct you into right direction ! Worked for me as i got the medicals yesterday after 4 months of waiting !

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I sponsored my wife in 2016 when I was in Saskatchewan. I am sponsoring my parents now ( without co-signer) in 2019
If I order the gcms notes ,Correct me if I am wrong but it might take at least a month to get back to me with all the results ?
Yes it will take a month or more.
In your case they would have done SSC from Saskatchewan and Alberta both.
Saskatchewan may already have sent the response but AB takes forever due to miscommunication between IRCC & AB Social Services dept.
Get the contact details from jakalan and contact SS dept.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
I have been asked to provide Country Specific Requirements forms and if parents live in another country for example Qatar but they are citizen of different country (India), do I have to provide country specific documents for Qatar or India ? @calgary17 you might be able to help as your parents stay in Spain.