+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi, @robertp I need an expert advice on it.

I have applied for my parents and my brother under PGP2019. I just received the biometric request for all 3 applicants.

I have 2 questions:

1. My brother is already in Canada having a study permit. His Biometrics were already done(last year and are valid until 2029) when he got his study permit, and in CIC account under dependents - it still shows his biometrics number and expiry date. Regardless, we still received a letter requesting for his biometrics

Should he still go to a VAC to get Biometrics done again ?

2. Is there anything we need to do from our end, after my parents go to VAC to give there biometrics?

Thanks,
Harman.
Should he still go to a VAC to get Biometrics done again ? Yes (at service Canada in Canada)
2. Is there anything we need to do from our end, after my parents go to VAC to give there biometrics? No

Reactions: reezam

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014

I have applied for my parents and my brother under PGP2019. I just received the biometric request for all 3 applicants.

I have 2 questions:

1. My brother is already in Canada having a study permit. His Biometrics were already done(last year and are valid until 2029) when he got his study permit, and in CIC account under dependents - it still shows his biometrics number and expiry date. Regardless, we still received a letter requesting for his biometrics

2. Is there anything we need to do from our end, after my parents go to VAC to give there biometrics?

Thanks,
Harman.
I had the same situation.
yes, your brother needs to do biometric. he can do it in canada. pretty much all cities have centers to do bio.
48 h after bio is done, it shows on system that it is completed. in canada, your brother will get the letter back with a barcode at the bottom.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Should he still go to a VAC to get Biometrics done again ? Yes (at service Canada in Canada)
2. Is there anything we need to do from our end, after my parents go to VAC to give there biometrics? No
thank you so much.

Is that ok if - All the applicants are not doing the biometrics at the same place ?

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
I had the same situation.
yes, your brother needs to do biometric. he can do it in canada. pretty much all cities have centers to do bio.
48 h after bio is done, it shows on system that it is completed. in canada, your brother will get the letter back with a barcode at the bottom.
Thank you so much :)

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
ECAS status shows both "Decision Made"
any idea what does it mean and can i expect ?
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker

Line # in tracker:if applicable
Sponsored People:
Parents Country of Citizenship:
Sponsor Province:
Invitations Receive Date:
Application received in Ottawa Date:
AoR Received (DATE):
Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:Appl. received / In process / Decision made
Ecas Status for PR Application:Appl. received / In process / Decision made
Sponsorship In process Date:
Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
Local Visa Office Name:
Biometric request :
MyCIC update:
IME request date :
IME Passed date:
PCC request:
Additional document / travel history request date :
PR decision made date :
PPR date :
Comment / additional information :

PGP-2019 : Timeline | CSQ / Undertaking (kit B): Timeline

Reactions: sourav987

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019

I have 2 questions:

Thanks,
Harman.
yes your brother needs to provide it again. your parents dont need to do anything after biometrics are given at the VAC

Avijot

Mar 6, 2020
I applied for PGP on 26 july and I recieved the application number but I am not able to link my application on my account.
Will my parents recieve a different application number or what is going on? Can anybody please help me understand the current situation.

jascanada

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 sep 2014
LANDED..........
Soon.....
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp need an expert advice on it

I Applied for my parents and file was received on may 31
File transferred to New Delhi on Nov 15, 2019
Online status still shows application received
Called CIC couple times and they have no status update and suggested me to contact consults in New Delhi

should I be worried ? Please advice