+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ravi_saff

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
Hello,

I just have a question about the file processing in CPC-Mississagua. Just checking to see if someone received PCC or police certificate request for their parents and was it sent to the sponsor or applicant?

Thank you,
Ravi

raj_g

Star Member
May 15, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hello,

I just have a question about the file processing in CPC-Mississagua. Just checking to see if someone received PCC or police certificate request for their parents and was it sent to the sponsor or applicant?

Thank you,
Ravi
In my case, it was sent to sponsor. It was mentioned on the sponsorship approval letter.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
@robertp Pre-arrival letter received today for May 9th application. Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Hi Guys, someone from Quebec. I need a little help here.

I'm sposoring my father (widower), I'm finishing all papers to send undertaking application, but I have one question regarding " le formulaire demande de selection permanent-categorie regroupement familial.

I'm not sure if my father has to sign section 5 and 6 "declaration sur les valeurs comunes de la societe quebecoise?

Thank you!!

multipleapplications

Feb 23, 2018
This is the social assistance check for ON
May I ask what is considered social assistance? Trillium Benefit? Ontario Drug Benefit? GST rebate? I've read a lot about how sponsored persons should not receive any social assistance but I've never figured out what is meant by social assistance. Thank you.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
May I ask what is considered social assistance? Trillium Benefit? Ontario Drug Benefit? GST rebate? I've read a lot about how sponsored persons should not receive any social assistance but I've never figured out what is meant by social assistance. Thank you.
Social assistance means "any benefit, whether money, goods or services, provided to or on behalf of a person by a province under a program of social assistance. It includes assistance for food, shelter, clothing, fuel, utilities, household supplies, personal requirements and health care not provided by public health care.

EI, OSAP, Trillium Benefits, HST Rebate are not Social Assistance.

They do this check mainly when you sponsor somebody (or you were sponsored by someone) to see if the person you sponsor took any social assistance.