+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Quinn331

Feb 11, 2020
I have been contacting IRCC regarding my Wife's application to sponsor her parents. Unfortunately, Although I submitted a rep. form, every time I called they were telling me that the file is not open yet so they can't access the Rep. form and although I am a co signer , they can not give me information regarding the file. I decided to call with my wife this morning, after verifying my wife's identity, I asked them what is going on?! and after putting me on hold for 3 minutes, the agent comes back telling me that the file has been approved for completeness in December 2019 but no file was created. He said he will email the officer and ask what is happening with the file?! this just shows how the IRCC is so disorganized and there is no guideline for processing these applications.
Call IRCC till you get an answer to why your file is not being processed? they may just forget about your file. It is your right to know what is happening to your file and they are obligated to give you answers.
I got two email for my aor, same info with differnt date.

Quinn331

Feb 11, 2020
I bet you anything, if you tell IRCC your friend's story, and will tell you that "Every case is different, and you can't compare two different cases". I have heard this kind of answer for more than one hundred times and from more than one hundred people.
Lol I’m sorry You had to deal with this hundred times.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I bet you anything, if you tell IRCC your friend's story, and will tell you that "Every case is different, and you can't compare two different cases". I have heard this kind of answer for more than one hundred times and from more than one hundred people.
But it is the case. You probably don't know just a red flag in the name search during the BG check can delay the file how long!

Chikki24

Aug 11, 2018
If it is not a secret, your income for previous years was enough with newborn, even if we don't need to count newborn for years before he/she was born .

Baby only counted to the year /present were she/he born .. ircc asked to fill up the financial evaluation again with that NOA ..

8262new

Mar 2, 2020
On Feb 27th, I took my mom validate her PR visa in the IRCC office in Vancouver. The officer was super nice. So all my mom's PR application is done now. Thank you very much for everyone's help during the application. And specially thanks to Robertp and Yulia!!!
@robertp @YULIA-2016 , please update my status in the tracker if needed. I think my line# is 245, but I cannot open the spreadsheet now. Thank you very much!
Congratulations! Could you please share some information and timeline on how you got the appointment in the IRCC office in Vancouver?

arnagpaoa

Jun 18, 2019
I have been contacting IRCC regarding my Wife's application to sponsor her parents. Unfortunately, Although I submitted a rep. form, every time I called they were telling me that the file is not open yet so they can't access the Rep. form and although I am a co signer , they can not give me information regarding the file. I decided to call with my wife this morning, after verifying my wife's identity, I asked them what is going on?! and after putting me on hold for 3 minutes, the agent comes back telling me that the file has been approved for completeness in December 2019 but no file was created. He said he will email the officer and ask what is happening with the file?! this just shows how the IRCC is so disorganized and there is no guideline for processing these applications.
Call IRCC till you get an answer to why your file is not being processed? they may just forget about your file. It is your right to know what is happening to your file and they are obligated to give you answers.
I agree with you. Until now I haven't got anything as in nothing. I don't have the AOR yet. I submitted the application June 25th. What number did you call to follow-up? If your file has been approved for completeness since Dec 2019 what's the hold up then? I think they should prioritize the one's with complete application instead of missing files right? It would be easier for them to process the complete files first then go with the incomplete ones. Everybody paid the same processing fee and should be treated equally!

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
I don't think you can just tell people to Wait for their cases and not call IRCC. Everyone is waiting for their file to be processed and they want information on their files. Don't put the burden of a dysfunctional ministry on the people that have their files being processed by them. There is a saying which says: " Don't bite more than you can chew", but IRCC is biting more than they can chew without having the resources for it. They are that dysfunctional that they are not even answering MP's request for information. So please stop telling people to wait! They have their files there like you do, and they want information about their files. That is their right!
You're obviously upset with the lack of communication. But waiting IS all you can do right now. This program used to take years and years to process applications. I for one am very thankful to have the opportunity to apply to bring my mum to Canada. So instead of complaining, I'm choosing to be grateful.