+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
All depends what is going on with her PGP. Applying for supervisa can take a month or two. You maybe in a position to just get COPR. If not yes you should apply for a supervisa after your mother gets a new passport.
We are stuck in "in progress" since Septembber, file is in Mexico. I better renew her passport now and apply for the extension - we are already at the 3 month mark for her trip... Thanks!

Reactions: calgary17

douwama

May 8, 2019
Today I received an email from Cic “We updated your application status” and my CIC Shows application approved. But still cannot track return envelope.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello guys,

quick question - my parents file is in process, medical, PCC and bio are done; yesterday, I received a letter from CIC informing that my parents will receive pre-arrival services offered by the Canadian Government. The letter is not addressed to me or my parents, just have my father’s UCI number.
Does this letter indicate that my parents file is approved or is it just a generic letter?

Thank you!
Why you are not in the tracker?

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Hi All
Quick question- I sponsored my parents who have been in Canada since 2016 on super visa. Medicals and all doc completed early dec 2019 but no biometrics request at all. Yesterday we received a letter for mother only to do an RCMP fingerprinting to be sent in 30 days. Is this normal that they didn't ask for my father? Also how come no biometrics?

bigocean

Mar 19, 2018
They will send the COPR to the PA through the mail, this is needed to land and become PR.
ok thanks, when submit the application, i use my canadian address as the mailing address, so cic will send the COPR to me intead of my mother whos in China right now?

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
That’s what I think too coz police officer told me if I get convicted then cic will be informed. I am just worried why sponsorship application is taking too long to get approved. I hope it has nothing to do with my case.

Also CIC agent told me all files are different and require different amount of time for processing so I don’t need to worry coz my file is open and in process with no notes on it.

Just hoping for the best.
Stay strong and order ATIP records via web form it may tell you the reason why the case is delayed. And, it is a very common reply from Agents: the processing takes 24 month, stay patient. Good luck !

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello everyone my file was received June 17. In october they ask for representative form which was submitted nothing after that. Ircc say application marked complete since Dec 1 . No aor nothing. My father passed away Jan 19 . Updated forms has been sent to IRcc and they received. When can I expect something. Will be almost a year in june 2020
So sorry for your loss, hope the rest of your family will join you in Canada for many happy years together.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

My mom is coming to Canada soon, but we haven't received Medical request and PCC. Can we do it upfront?? I'm sponsor both my dad and my mom. Only my mom will come to Canada for now.

rax7187

Aug 21, 2014
@robertp @YULIA-2016
Update for my in laws PR application. Line Number 437. User: rax7187#2

I originally submitted request to CIC via Web Form whether they received all documents or not on 25th December 2019. I got email on 31st December 2019 that they have received required document.

I submitted request again on 16th February to CIC via Web Form whether are we missing any additional document and any progress on in laws file. I got email on 19th February that they have all documents and no update on file.

I saw update on 28th February 2020 at IRCC Sign in With GCKey login option. On main page, application current status changed from Submitted to Application/Profile Updated and then back to Submitted after go to Full Application Status Page. Not sure it's known as Ghost update.

Their Client Application Status (eCAS) updated with Line 2 saying "We started Processing Application on 28 February 2020". Does anybody idea what could be the next thing I should expect. Medical is Passed and all documents provided back in November 2019. Application reached on 28th May 2019 and Case Processing Office is Mississauga.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

multipleapplications

Feb 23, 2018
Hi,
I have a question.

My father's passport has been renewed while his PGP 2019 application is in progress.

How should I notify CIC of new passport? - Should I send them copy of passport via mail (along with a cover letter) or upload it through his online account with details (assuming there is one)?

Thank you !
Call CIC, let them know. If your case has been transferred to an office, they’ll give you the mailing address of that office. Send them a cover letter and a copy of the new passport. If your case has not been transferred to an office, they’ll ask you to use the web form.

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
if possible submit all if you have like Voter ID , Aadhar card, school certificate.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :
Please see the below information and add this to the tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Parents (Mother and Father)
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 26, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 30, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Sep 17, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office : Mississauga
  • Biometric request : Nov 2019
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date : Nov 2019
  • IME Passed date: Dec 2019
  • PCC request: Nov 2019
  • Additional document / travel history request date : Nov 2019
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

yashbabrah

May 26, 2019
if possible submit all if you have like Voter ID , Aadhar card, school certificate.

@robertp I don't have aadhar card, however, I do have a voter card and school certificates. The Aadhaar card was not manadatory in India until 2013. I came to Canada in 2013 and went backhome (India) only twice since then for a 2 week vacation. Therefore, I never had a need to get one.

To get an aadhaar card, I have to go to India. What should I do? Please advise. Your help on this will be really appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

Nainarvet

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Could you please update the following information on the tracker?

AoR received: Nov 27, 2019
Biometrics request: Feb 27, 2020.

Thank you!

Reactions: robertp