+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

vg2010

Jun 6, 2019
Hoping someone can give me advice. I received the following today:

Client Information: Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate or other proof
that your marriage is legally registered with governmental authorities in the jurisdiction where it took
place. A record of solemnization or marriage license is not acceptable. If your documents are not in
English or French, send a notarized and certified translation with a copy of the original version.
This must be received at this office by: 2020/03/30.

I assume they want my marriage certificate. Which was a part of my application. I got married in Quebec, and sent them my Declaration of Marriage or DEC-50. Is there a different document to be sent? Should I call IRCC?

Any advice would be appreciated

kwgcda

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019

Client Information: Please provide a copy of your marriage certificate or other proof
that your marriage is legally registered with governmental authorities in the jurisdiction where it took
place. A record of solemnization or marriage license is not acceptable. If your documents are not in
English or French, send a notarized and certified translation with a copy of the original version.

I assume they want my marriage certificate. Which was a part of my application. I got married in Quebec, and sent them my Declaration of Marriage or DEC-50. Is there a different document to be sent? Should I call IRCC?

Wouldn't they be asking for PA marriage certificate, not sponsor?

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hi,

A few questions:

- are you sponsoring your parents or grandparents?
- what province are you in?
- Have you been assigned a local visa office?
I am sponsoring my parents
Nova Scotia is the province
Yes we were assigned a local visa office in my country of origin but my parents are under a SuperVisa living in Canada

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

Is your dad is alive?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Hi @robertp @bdidol , could we able to submit PCC to local visa upfront?? I have seen some member got requested PCC even they submited upfront just 2-3 months before. I just got PCC for my parents which takes more than a month to obtain.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi @robertp @bdidol , could we able to submit PCC to local visa upfront?? I have seen some member got requested PCC even they submited upfront just 2-3 months before. I just got PCC for my parents which takes more than a month to obtain.
yes you can sent upfront to local VO. some applicant submitted PCC with Sponsorship application and got PPR.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
He is alive
Ok thanks...

Further question:

1. Are they legally separated (tracker shows you are sponsoring your mom)
2. Are you the legal rep (in that case the PA communication will address to you)
3. Did you declare your DAD as a non-accompanying Dep?

InlovewithMaple

May 14, 2019
1. When did app received and your brother birthday to confirm whether he was still dependant.
2. Imm008dep as my understand it applies only if your mom has more than five DEPENDANTS ( under 22 yrs old).
3. Yes. Income will be counted with your brother and if you don’t meet. Rejection
=> if question 1 confirms he was depedant => application can be rejected as you provided.
Thanks for your feedback.

My brother is not dependent on mother. He's been working full time and making good money. Not sure why they would count him. Moreover, he's not accompanying my mother. Is there any way I can explain this to officer ?