+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
For "Permanent Residence Application Status" I see that it got updated to "Decision Made" but I didn't receive any email yet. What does that mean? how will I know if it is approved?
you will get PPR soon if it is Approved. Call CIC to to know more about Decision made .

List of DM applicant waiting for PPR.

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
If it's showing in myCIC, upload them in the portal

Gckey says medical passed and in the additional documents it says we need additional documents.

Although i have sent them pcc and travel form on January 20 via email and webform. But on feb 13 they requested ime along with pcc and travel doc.

Reactions: serious_cheese

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Gckey says medical passed and in the additional documents it says we need additional documents.

Although i have sent them pcc and travel form on January 20 via email and webform. But on feb 13 they requested ime along with pcc and travel doc.
please resubmit as per Feb. 13, document request.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Nancy17

Star Member
May 15, 2019
@robertp Do you know how many days it takes for PPR after DM?
Is there any case where DM on PA after all the process was negative?
Thank you for always helping!!

yukiyumi

Aug 26, 2018
Hi everyone!

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I would really appreciate your help since IRCC literally makes me cry every time I need to get anything out of them: the phone line is useless and they don't even bother reading questions submitted via the webform, they just copy and paste generic info from the website. It drives me insane!

I applied to sponsor my mother last year. I received the AOR on November 27th, 2019. The current status of my application online is "Application Received". My mother is currently visiting me in Canada and I am worried we will miss her biometrics request if they send it via regular mail.

Therefore, my questions are:
- How long does it take to receive a BIL?
- Do they email it or send it via regular mail?
- At what point in the application review process do they request biometrics? (e.g., before or after the decision has been made)
- How much time does the applicant have to give their biometrics? (it says 30 days on the website, but I'm not sure if that applies to sponsorship or temporary visas only)

Thank you so much for creating this thread, it's more helpful than all of the IRCC help services combined ♥ ♥ ♥

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi everyone!

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but I would really appreciate your help since IRCC literally makes me cry every time I need to get anything out of them: the phone line is useless and they don't even bother reading questions submitted via the webform, they just copy and paste generic info from the website. It drives me insane!

I applied to sponsor my mother last year. I received the AOR on November 27th, 2019. The current status of my application online is "Application Received". My mother is currently visiting me in Canada and I am worried we will miss her biometrics request if they send it via regular mail.

Therefore, my questions are:
- How long does it take to receive a BIL?
- Do they email it or send it via regular mail?
- At what point in the application review process do they request biometrics? (e.g., before or after the decision has been made)
- How much time does the applicant have to give their biometrics? (it says 30 days on the website, but I'm not sure if that applies to sponsorship or temporary visas only)

Thank you so much for creating this thread, it's more helpful than all of the IRCC help services combined ♥ ♥ ♥
Flowchart

- How long does it take to receive a BIO? in most case just after DM for SA bio requested
- Do they email it or send it via regular mail? you can get Bio request from myCIC.
- At what point in the application review process do they request biometrics? (e.g., before or after the decision has been made) Just after DM for SA.
- How much time does the applicant have to give their biometrics? (it says 30 days on the website, but I'm not sure if that applies to sponsorship or temporary visas only) 30 days

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: Verba

gn53914

Mar 27, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

My SA status is DM and application is in process since Nov, 2019. When I check my status on ECAS, it says medical requested on Nov 29, 2019 but I haven't received any request from them. Probably, email system issue on their end.

1. I have tried to link my application to CIC account but it doesn't work. Keep getting cannot find application error : ( Ecas works fine. Is there any workaround or trick to get the application linked to CIC?

2. I have been trying to reach the call centre but no luck so far..

What else can I do? Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
what do you mean "Rejected or AOR not giving a chance to resubmit. " ??
Lol ok go with this long explanation.
if you submitted an incomplete additional document which considers received by Jan20. There will be no more chance to resubmit. However if you submitted a complete additional document and received. Aor will be issued

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hey guys,

My SA status is DM and application is in process since Nov, 2019. When I check my status on ECAS, it says medical requested on Nov 29, 2019 but I haven't received any request from them. Probably, email system issue on their end.

1. I have tried to link my application to CIC account but it doesn't work. Keep getting cannot find application error : ( Ecas works fine. Is there any workaround or trick to get the application linked to CIC?

how to link
use call back option >> CIC Phone # 1888-242-2100. Option 1 for EN & 2-1-3-0.

Last edited:
Reactions: Verba and gn53914

desmonddoss

Star Member
Apr 24, 2019
Hello,

I received the same letter for my mother who has MS today. Do you have any update? What did they ask for additional Medical Examination? Were your parents approved? Thanks
Call panel physician and they can tell you what additional tests are required cause cic also sent them the same letter

yukiyumi

Aug 26, 2018
Flowchart

- How long does it take to receive a BIO? in most case just after DM for SA bio requested
- Do they email it or send it via regular mail? you can get Bio request from myCIC.
- At what point in the application review process do they request biometrics? (e.g., before or after the decision has been made) Just after DM for SA.
- How much time does the applicant have to give their biometrics? (it says 30 days on the website, but I'm not sure if that applies to sponsorship or temporary visas only) 30 days
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!

you can get Bio request from myCIC.
Unfortunately, we weren't able to link our application to a myCIC account: we can find the application via the application search tool but linking isn't working for some reason.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Thank you so much, that's very helpful!

Unfortunately, we weren't able to link our application to a myCIC account: we can find the application via the application search tool but linking isn't working for some reason.
How to link PR application under myCIC?

1. Make sure your Ecas Status is available before linking to myCIC. ( you cannot link to myCIC if Ecas not available).
  2. After you login to MyCIC, you click on Link App to this Account button.
    • Choose Permanent Residence in category &
    • Family Class (Parents & Grandparents) in sub-category. This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
  3. Application Details: use suitable option . if you don't have File# use UCI # and Family name of Principal Applicant OR family name , Given name and DOB option and enter Principal Applicant details.
  4. Application Personal Information: Passport or Place of birth . In the passport section, enter the info as seen in the originally sent passport of PA. you can use passport # and date or place.
  5. Other Application Information: Where does the applicant intend to live in Canada? Match the city and province name you entered in the original application. and PA maritial status.
  6. count # of Family member = [ Sponsor + if Cosigner ] do not count kids + [PA + if Dep]
  7. open Link to see more details.
The system will only link an application if the information you enter matches the application exactly. Make sure you don’t have any extra spaces before or after what you type into each field.

Question : When trying to link my application to my online account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?

Reactions: Verba and gn53914

Rhill

Star Member
Feb 17, 2020
Hey guys,

Contact IRC’s ASAP, you missed 30 days period, ask to resend email

Reactions: gn53914