Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
On the IMM5669 form --> Are married children, considered to be Dependent? Also, should there travel be included on this form?

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
A question on the flow chart. the following is showing while i login to mycic

Review of additional documents
  • We need additional documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.

1) Do these docs refer to travel history, pcc, country specific documents that we need to submit by email ?
2) Do we get any form of acknowledgment when CIC receives the email with attached docs ?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Is this true?
"Medicals done for TRV / Visa Extention / applications does not count for PR even if it is less than 1 year. For PR you will have to redo the medicals."

As per my knowledge "Any Medical’s done are valid for all categories as long as it’s less than a year old "
BUT in Facebook RCIC agent said "Medicals done for TRV / Visa Extention / applications does not count for PR even if it is less than 1 year. For PR you will have to redo the medicals."

here is the answer
A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:
The most commonly used limitations are:

• “Assessed as excessive demand exempt only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)
  • “Assessed as Temporary Resident only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.
    @bdidol @robertp

Reactions: robertp

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Appreciate your response. Thank you
Hi Kalyani,

I sent you a personal message yesterday. It is really heart breaking to read your situation. We had seen so many people in this forum who missed a lot of important things and still were asked to submit again and they got in.
You have proof of email that you sent them in November, right? Go to a good immigration lawyer along with the whole package you got back and that email you sent them showing the date you sent it.
You may also check with your MP once with all these docs, they may help too.
I wish you get a solution to this soon and share the good news with us.
Good luck

Feb 17, 2020
Hi Kalyani,

I sent you a personal message yesterday. It is really heart breaking to read your situation. We had seen so many people in this forum who missed a lot of important things and still were asked to submit again and they got in.
You have proof of email that you sent them in November, right? Go to a good immigration lawyer along with the whole package you got back and that email you sent them showing the date you sent it.
You may also check with your MP once with all these docs, they may help too.
I wish you get a solution to this soon and share the good news with us.
Good luck
Really appreciate your detailed response. Thanks for understanding my situation.
I have called CIC today, they have confirmed that they received the email in November.But,They are saying its incomplete.When i have asked, what exactly i have missed--They dont have answer. They are just saying its incomplete
I have double checked the form today from my end . As far as i know , i didn't miss anything there.

I have sent an email to my MP explaining my situation (Awaiting for the response)

I will check with the Immigration lawyer next week based on the response from my MP

Reactions: calgary17

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
Really appreciate your detailed response. Thanks for understanding my situation.
I have called CIC today, they have confirmed that they received the email in November.But,They are saying its incomplete.When i have asked, what exactly i have missed--They dont have answer. They are just saying its incomplete
I have double checked the form today from my end . As far as i know , i didn't miss anything there.

I have sent an email to my MP explaining my situation (Awaiting for the response)

I will check with the Immigration lawyer next week based on the response from my MP
Apply for GCMS notes too so at least you will know the comments the officer put on file and why does he think there is missing information.

Reactions: calgary17

anabele2.0

May 2, 2019

So sorry to hear this.
The form was updated June 2019. Did you use the new or old form? Not sure if that would be a reason to return your application.
Also did you do the form twice, one for principal applicant, one for dependent?

Last edited:

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
For anyone who sent over supplemental documents in reponse to the boilerplate email from CPC-M, did you get any acknowledgement from CIC, or we'll just sit and wait (other than the request for Biometrics and ME)?
no acknowledgement, a few have followed up with web inquiry through which they were able to verify

bsiddi

May 11, 2019
Hi Guys,

Need your advice. I have been asked to submit police certificate, medical and travel information. Travel information is only for principle applicant and spouse will be on the same application. For some reasons, I think by mistake they switched principle & dependent i.e. my dad has become the dependent of my mom. The original application stated the other way around. I informed them via web form twice before but it never got corrected. What should I do now? Should I attach a letter with the above documents and explain that the principle application is my dad and not mom? Really need your opinion.

Thanks

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
here is the answer
A medical assessment is interchangeable and can be used for other immigration categories, unless the medical officer imposed one of the following limitations on the assessment:
The most commonly used limitations are:

• “Assessed as excessive demand exempt only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies under an immigration category that is no longer excessive demand exempt (e.g. the foreign national applied as sponsored spouse (FC-1) and now applies as Federal Skilled Worker)
  • “Assessed as Temporary Resident only”. A new immigration medical examination is required if the applicant applies for permanent resident status or extend his or her stay in Canada.
    @bdidol @robertp
Not all medical assessment results can be used interchangeably: a foreign national who is medically inadmissible as a permanent resident may be admissible as a temporary resident. The reverse may also be true if the temporary resident’s medical condition improves between applications, such as when an active medical condition becomes inactive after treatment.

With some exceptions (noted below), when an applicant changes categories, a medical officer must assess medical examination results for the new category. If the first examination was less than a year earlier, a new examination may not be necessary, as a medical officer may be able to review the existing results in the new category. Otherwise, officers should issue instructions for a new examination in the new category.

The only exceptions are permanent residence applicants with M1, M2 or M3 profiles and temporary residents with M1 and M2 profiles. They do not need a medical officer to assess their examination results in the new category, provided that the medical assessment is still valid, i.e., within 12 months of the applicant’s last immigration medical examination.

A medical officer must review the existing medical assessment of temporary residents with an M3 profile who apply for permanent residence.

Feb 17, 2020
So sorry to hear this.
The form was updated June 2019. Did you use the new or old form? Not sure if that would be a reason to return your application.
Also did you do the form twice, one for principal applicant, one for dependent?
Thanks for your response . This is exactly what happened . I have submitted the old form initially on June 2019. They have asked me to submit a new form in Nov 2019 with hand signature which I did it and they have received it as well .
Not sure what exact information I have missed. GCMS notes is the only answer for this missing info