+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hi all,

Checking in to see if anyone has experience with the following. Trying to schedule a biometrics appointment for my grandparents. When I applied last year, my grandfather was 79 but since then he turned 80. I still received a biometrics request for him but the system won't allow me to schedule an appointment due to his age.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Hi Everyone,

Today I called Call centre to enquire about the status of my Dad's Application (May 17 Receiving date) and he advised me to expect the decision between Jan-May 2121:(. His medical passed date was October 22, 2019 as per CIC site and was confirmed by Agent as well. And he advised that they are still doing second background check and reviewing the eligibility of Applicant as well. My Dad is 80 Years and what kind of eligibility and background check they are doing(surprised). I was expecting DM anytime but again agent surprise me today.
Any feedback appreciated from senior members about the concern.
Thanks
CIC give you information based on processing time (20 to 24 months) . link : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

please check DM and PPR status here.

Local VO timeline click here

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Today I called Call centre to enquire about the status of my Dad's Application (May 17 Receiving date) and he advised me to expect the decision between Jan-May 2121:(. His medical passed date was October 22, 2019 as per CIC site and was confirmed by Agent as well. And he advised that they are still doing second background check and reviewing the eligibility of Applicant as well. My Dad is 80 Years and what kind of eligibility and background check they are doing(surprised). I was expecting DM anytime but again agent surprise me today.
Any feedback appreciated from senior members about the concern.
Thanks
Also check this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-2217#post-8412693

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
Hello, looking at the Google site provided above it looks like many sponsors are ahead of the game. I received an email from CIC in July 2019 saying I have been accepted under the intake cap for 2019 and I haven't heard anything back since then regarding (PCC,DM. IME, Biometrics, etc.) Am I the anomaly here? My parents are currently on a SuperVisa, could it be that they don't need some of the same info as they have done IME and Biometrics less than 3 years ago?

Kapsajan70

Star Member
Nov 27, 2019
Thanks for information, means approximately another month and a half for Medivcal to DM for PA and thereafter another 60 days from DM to PPR and then again 2-3 weeks for Stamping. So that being said total of another 4-5 Months to finish the process if everything is fine and on the top of Mercy of VO. Great.

Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello, looking at the Google site provided above it looks like many sponsors are ahead of the game. I received an email from CIC in July 2019 saying I have been accepted under the intake cap for 2019 and I haven't heard anything back since then regarding (PCC,DM. IME, Biometrics, etc.) Am I the anomaly here? My parents are currently on a SuperVisa, could it be that they don't need some of the same info as they have done IME and Biometrics less than 3 years ago?
When was your application receive date?

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
@robertp please update application #1 medical received 11 Jan , Medical passed 27 Jan

JuneApplicantCEC

Nov 20, 2015
That seems like a long time to go without your application status changing to In Process. Have you linked your application? Checked ECAS or CIC account for any outstanding information requests?
My application says that it is in progress according to my CIC account, however I didn't receive any requests regarding IME, Biometrics, Police Certificate, etc. like some of the sponsors in the Google Tracking List.