+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Empirical-Scientist

Jun 4, 2012
Update on our flag-pole experience

Yesterday, my parents successfully landed at the Douglas Crossing here in BC. We drove to arrive to the US border shortly after lunch -- usually humans are slightly happier after they eat. There was no lineup - I obviously consulted travel.gc.ca for border wait times before we left home.

I told the CBP officer at the booth that I was accompanying my parents to do a flag-pole for Canadian immigration. He nodded, gave us the orange slip with a lane number and the comment 'Use flagpole' written on it to present to the CBP officer in the main office, and, to my question whether this administrative refusal would have an impact on my nexus as well as on my parents' future US visit endeavors, he replied 'Not at all'. There was no significant lineup in the main office -- we were out in about 15 minutes.

On the Canadian side, we had the most pleasant experience ever. The booth officer, within a matter of one minute, handed us the yellow slip with the lineup zone and we went in after being directed where to park. There was no lineup at all in the zone allocated to us and we immediately saw a CBSA officer. They were very friendly and very welcoming. After initialing and signing the COPRs, they welcomed my parents to Canada telling them the PR cards would take up to eight weeks to be mailed, and wished us godspeed, as it were.

(Make sure you do the flagpole when it's pouring and windy -- everybody likes working inside...)

All the best everyone!
Two days ago we received the PR cards. Took about two weeks. All the best everyone!

soroush

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Is there anyone know the validity period of a police clearance certificate? I have a PCC in hand which was issued on May 8, 2019 at Dhaka, Bangladesh. I think i heard or read somewhere that PCC is only valid for six month. If i don't have to get a NEW PCC, i can submit all the requested document right the way.

If anyone know, please reply. you valuable input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.
How long is my police certificate good for?
For the country or territory where you currently live, the certificate cannot be older than 6 months from the day you apply.

For any other country or territory where you’ve stayed for 6 or more months in a row, the certificate must have been issued after you left. You can use the certificate for your IEC application as long as you haven’t gone back to that country or territory.

If your police certificate doesn’t have an expiry date or document number
If your police certificate doesn’t have an expiry date, select a day that’s at least 1 year after the date it was issued. It doesn’t have to be exactly 1 year after.

If your police certificate doesn’t have a document number, type N/A in the field.

If you can’t get one in time
If you can’t get a police certificate before the deadline to submit your application, you can upload:

• a copy of the receipt to prove you’ve applied for one or
  • a screenshot of the confirmation page or email you got when you ordered your police certificate online
An officer will send you a request letter in your account to ask for your police certificate later on. You must give us the certificate by the deadline shown in the request letter or your application will be refused.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/iec/apply-work-permit.html

Reactions: serious_cheese

mpsb07

May 27, 2019
Hi !
@robertp @YULIA-2016

ECAS update for Sponsor to DM - Jan 20
Received the SA letter Jan 23

LVO is CPC-M. Asks to submit the following:

1. Copy of Passport/Travel Document
2. Police Certificate
3. Country Specific Requirements.
4. IMM 5562
5. Military Service (If Applicable)
6. CV/Resume

Reactions: robertp

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
thank you very much. Can I upload the documents using MyCIC?
I think only PCC and CV are enough in this case. That email is generic email from CPC-M.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Received medical request today for my mother who is in Delhi, India. There are 5 doctors on the panel. If anyone has experience, please advise what is the process to book an appointment and which doctor is recommended from the panel.
I have been to Max Hospital in Delhi..
They claim Medical report will be sent within 3 days but sorry...
They are even not providing Medical Report, They are asking to visit again personally after 3-4 days to collect copy of the report.. which is not possible for many of us.. No email system...

I am trying to contact them telephonically for the last three days but they are registering/ noting details for call back and there is no call back even after registering continuously for three days....

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
@robertp

Visa Office......:
Mississauga
App. Filed.......:
24-04-2019 (Doc recieved 06-05-2019)
Doc's Request.:
22-08-2019 (bio metric) done 15-09-2019
AOR Received.:
11-07-2019 (ECAS started processing application 16-07-2019)
Med's Request:
27-08-2019
Med's Done....:
21-09-2019
Passport Req..:
21-01-2020 (DM for PA on ECAS 17-01-2020)
@strength2 when did you submit additional documents like PCC?