Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Jkalan

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
UPDATE
London office still sending requests for remaining 2018 2nd round applicants, though they went "IN PROCESS" with us collectively on 8th and 9th Jan 2020.

Nothing for 2019 yet.
Thanks for the update! hopefully once they get 2018 out of the way they can continue with 2019 as well.

Reactions: SAM_2014

SoontobeCanadian123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
@ZOYAMAN13 ... my wife called IRCC and the agent told her that IRCC requested province for the social assistance letter but haven't got any response yet. My wife then called Ontario Ministry for children community and social assistance and they told her that they have already send the letter to IRCC on 29th Oct. My wife asked if they could resend the letter but they told her that they do not resend letter until IRCC send requests again. So now I have asked my wife to call IRCC tomorrow speak to agent and tell him to put note on file that letter was send on 29th Oct. may be when

Sukhi22

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
@ZOYAMAN13 ... my wife called IRCC and the agent told her that IRCC requested province for the social assistance letter but haven't got any response yet. My wife then called Ontario Ministry for children community and social assistance and they told her that they have already send the letter to IRCC on 29th Oct. My wife asked if they could resend the letter but they told her that they do not resend letter until IRCC send requests again. So now I have asked my wife to call IRCC tomorrow speak to agent and tell him to put note on file that letter was send on 29th Oct. may be when
What is Social assistance? Is it applicable to parents as well?

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Just received biometrics request letter right now. Does this mean that sponsorship side is approved?

File in progress since Oct 25 due to social assistance check. In ECAS, sponsor side still shows in progress.

Edit: For sponsor, the status changed to Decision Made today (Jan 22).

Last edited:
Reactions: Thao N. and ankz001

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Please add me in the tracker - @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew

Here is my timeline:

• Sponsored People: Parents ( both are here in Canada as Tourist going 2 years this May 2020)
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: Philippines
  • Sponsor Province: Manitoba
  • Invitations Receive Date:April 26, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 15, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): Dated :August 16, 2019 - Received in mail box Sept 30, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: In-Process
  • Ecas Status for PR Application: In-Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: September 6, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: ?
Hello Everyone, after receiving the AOR in September, I have never received any update on my parents application - I called the call centre and I was told I did not missed anything, Ecas Status shows In-process since September 6. Is there anyone in the group on the same boat?
Check in the tracker and contact those who are in same situation.
Most applicants of around May 15 has at least DM on SA side.
Did you link your application?

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Thank you so much @ZOYAMAN13 @bdidol . I called Calgary, edmonton and Grande prAirie and they all haven’t received any letter from immigration. I lived in Grande prairie Alberta. Should u call immigration and asked them to send letter again ?? Please help. Its been 3 months since they sent letter.
Try sending web form !!! No one has clue where ircc sends these queries in AB.

Reactions: serious_cheese

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Try sending web form !!! No one has clue where ircc sends these queries in AB.
It is a big offi
Thank you so much @ZOYAMAN13 @bdidol . I called Calgary, edmonton and Grande prAirie and they all haven’t received any letter from immigration. I lived in Grande prairie Alberta. Should u call immigration and asked them to send letter again ?? Please help. Its been 3 months since they sent letter.
It would only come out of a central office it doesn’t matter where you were living in Alberta.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They may have received it but it is not been added to the computer. You would have to ask what steps are taken when the paper from social services is received. Unfortunately I am not sure customer service will know the process they follow for PGP applicants and incoming information from various government departments.

Reactions: SoontobeCanadian123