+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Rj45

Jan 20, 2020
Hi
I received an email containing IMM 5801 for my mother's application, which is Pre Arrival service letter. Her PCC, Medical and Biometric are already done.
Does it mean that her application is almost done and she is about to receive passport request?
Thanks

Reactions: serious_cheese

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
You can send the information by webform after you get the birth certificate.
Sounds a good plan, but I still worry about cic would think that 5-week is too long to let them know.

Maybe I will just use web form to let them know that my son's birth certificate would need 5 weeks to get.

Lady19

Star Member
Aug 14, 2019
Good evening guys,

My mom passed medical exam in November . CV, copy of passport and Pcc was sent back in October and no news since that time. Visa office- Mississauga.
I sent a web form just to know if I missed any messages or documents and received a letter that all is ok and in the normal time frame ( 20 mns)
I also called cic to double check why is my file is not moving forward file was recieved on 14th May the agent told me that my officer put a tier near my SA maybe by mistake or maybe they still checking something.. I was approved for SA in 4th Oct and have an official letter.
What does it mean?
Thank you

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi all, my son was born in Jan 12, 2020. What should I do to inform CIC?

I applied parent sponsorship on June 20. I'm still waiting for sponsor approval.

Should I wait for my son's birth certificate? That seems need 2 + 3 weeks
Yes . Wait for birth certificate and then inform them via webform

Last edited:
Reactions: wxhzk

crown.parth

Aug 19, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My PGP sponsorship application was approved on December 19th and letter for Biometrics Instruction to my parents was issued on December 20th. They provided their bio metrics on January 6th but till date we haven't seen the medical request email from CIC,

When i look at the 2019 spreadsheet, medical request and bio metrics usually go together( worst case difference of 1 week). In my parents case it has been over a month now. Should i follow up with CIC call centre to check if the email was sent from their end or not? If yes, what office would that be and which number?

Thank for your taking your time.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
does your mycic account or ecas updates that medical results received?

First medical request for my parents were received on Nov 7th.

I got furtherance request for my father on Nov 27th and performed medical on 3rd dec, but ECAS/MyCIC still shows that we sent you medical request on Nov 7th. No updates after that.
Late update is norm

Reactions: Irynaken

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
The letter from CIC is generic for all. Just explain in your email/webform that bio is completed on XXX date based on the request letter on Dec 19th. and attach the rest of the documents.

Also if you make a myCIC account, it will show the bio and expiary date of 10 years for bio there. It will not show on ECAS.
Thanks. I finally linked my application successfully, and it showed the Biometrics were done, and that my parents passed the medical as well. :)

Now I'm compiling the documents CPC-Mississauga asked in my SA-LVO letter. It's been over 30 days since I got that letter (Dec 20th 2019), so I hope it's not gonna be a problem. The PCC took a long time to get in New Delhi.

Quick question: Does anyone from India know what Country Specific Requirements we are needed to give? I know that there is a Travels form (IMM5546), but not sure if anything else is needed. My parents don't have an adopted child.

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
@robertp , @YULIA-2016 please update my entry:
myCIC application linked.
Biometrics enrolled Dec 23, 2019
Medical passed: Dec 31, 2019

Reactions: robertp

amusingfirefly

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-10-2016
LANDED..........
24-11-2016
Hello Everyone,

My PGP sponsorship application was approved on December 19th and letter for Biometrics Instruction to my parents was issued on December 20th. They provided their bio metrics on January 6th but till date we haven't seen the medical request email from CIC,

When i look at the 2019 spreadsheet, medical request and bio metrics usually go together( worst case difference of 1 week). In my parents case it has been over a month now. Should i follow up with CIC call centre to check if the email was sent from their end or not? If yes, what office would that be and which number?

Thank for your taking your time.
You should. My request for biometric came around the same time as you, and I got the medical request soon after. Not sure about the number. I think there is a CIC helpline number somewhere in this forum. I think the best way is to submit the webform with your query. Usually the response is not immediate but they do get back to you.

milestogo

Star Member
May 9, 2010
There is no pass date yet because they asked for more information on my dad's medical results from the doctor and additional chest test
@dev514 and @robertp

Similar happened to me : Got SA approval from Mississauga and after medical got request for additional tests (From Delhi office) and those were done on Jan 9th. Does this mean visa office got moved from Mississauga to Delhi.

Finally Jan 17th got Medical passed in CIC account. Sent PCC, bio on Jan 20th to Mississauga email. Do i need to send PCC to Delhi office too?

shine1429

Apr 4, 2019
Hi All Quick Question. My parents will be coming here in Feb to Canada. Do I need to inform CIC that they will be here for next process?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Good evening guys,

My mom passed medical exam in November . CV, copy of passport and Pcc was sent back in October and no news since that time. Visa office- Mississauga.
I sent a web form just to know if I missed any messages or documents and received a letter that all is ok and in the normal time frame ( 20 mns)
I also called cic to double check why is my file is not moving forward file was recieved on 14th May the agent told me that my officer put a tier near my SA maybe by mistake or maybe they still checking something.. I was approved for SA in 4th Oct and have an official letter.
What does it mean?
Thank you
You will see the DM soon. May 15th week is currently going through DM & PPR. No need to call them. They are doing a background security check now.

Reactions: Lady19