+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

kunalap

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
just posting this to make sure things are on track.

for my parents "kunalap #1" application.

biometrics - done on 12th Nov (shows online too)
email asking for PCC, country specific docs, etc - emailed to them on 2nd Dec (nothing online)
medical - done on 27th Dec (shows online too)

online status still shows "in progress" and no new news.
Was i supposed to send hard copy of PCC? there is no way for me to track that request which came by email and documents were also by email.

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
just posting this to make sure things are on track.

for my parents "kunalap #1" application.

biometrics - done on 12th Nov (shows online too)
email asking for PCC, country specific docs, etc - emailed to them on 2nd Dec (nothing online)
medical - done on 27th Dec (shows online too)

online status still shows "in progress" and no new news.
Was i supposed to send hard copy of PCC? there is no way for me to track that request which came by email and documents were also by email.
Send PCC scanned copy via email.
what is your medical passed date as per myCIC?

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I don’t understand how IRCC works on these things. There are also other people who have got notes where it says province response came back as negative and still their applications are stuck like yours.
In my case, i think province would have sent response, IRCC just did not receive/acknowledge it. And it is hard to find the exact department in Alberta to get that response, it is supposed to be Alberta Works/Income Supports but they don’t know much about it.
In notes it has a due date after a month when the request was sent, but still IRCC is waiting for 5 months and not doing anything.
And your case is even more surprising, even after sending the response twice there is no luck.
There is no logic to the way these guys work. I am pretty sure they have social services responses for most people from all provinces but they are just sitting on those responses.

How hard is it for these people to go in the file and approve the case if the response from the province is satisfactory? I just feel really annoyed thinking how disorganized these people are.

I contacted Ontario and they were so helpful. They confirmed to me when they received IRCC request, when they replied first time, and when they resent it again a 2nd time. The provincial Governments are so much more efficient.

Also, just a FYI, Ontario tracks the request from IRCC with the same file # that IRCC has provided to applicants in their AOR. Not sure if this is the case in other provinces.

Reactions: calgary17

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
In My case IRCC received the SSC confirmation from the province of Alberta on August 1, 2019. They took almost six month to get back to my file. It is very unfortunate but we don't have much more options to go with. You may want to try your local MP, That might help. Wish you all the very best.
I went to my MP office. They are basically as helpful (aka useless) as IRCC themselves.

Reactions: calgary17

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Reactions: SAMHR and ZOYAMAN13

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Hi Kulb,

Can you guide me to which organization should I send my request to track the inquiry from IRCC?
My GCMS (in December 2019) is showing BC SSC results received. Result is negative. Pending officer review and it has been like this...

Thanks
There is no logic to the way these guys work. I am pretty sure they have social services responses for most people from all provinces but they are just sitting on those responses.

How hard is it for these people to go in the file and approve the case if the response from the province is satisfactory? I just feel really annoyed thinking how disorganized these people are.

I contacted Ontario and they were so helpful. They confirmed to me when they received IRCC request, when they replied first time, and when they resent it again a 2nd time. The provincial Governments are so much more efficient.

Also, just a FYI, Ontario tracks the request from IRCC with the same file # that IRCC has provided to applicants in their AOR. Not sure if this is the case in other provinces.

Last edited:

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
friends,

My parents got the police certificate letter from CIC and my it's mentioned they have to provide police certificate since the age of 18 for locations where residence period has been 6 months or longer. Any body knows if my dad in is 60th who studied his undergrad in US (now live in Iran for 40 years) still has to submit police certificate for the duration of his residency in US?
Also, anybody knows if I can do anything to waive the police certificate from US for my dad? There is no US embassy in Iran and diplomatic relationship is sooooo bad between Iran and US.
Also, @YULIA-2016 please update row 203 to:
  • Additional document request: Jan 14,2020
  • Medical request: Jan 14,2020
  • Police certificate: Jan 14,2020

acerbico423

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
guys, I am applying for my mother's application who is in India. are any correspondence sent to my mother's address? she is not able to pick mails so I was wondering if that will be an issue.

Nov 20, 2019
Hello ,
The File processing center is CPC Mississauga
My parents sponsorship application was received in ottawa on may 8th 2019
We sent the medical and was cleared on aug 27th
On October 1st , we sent the requested documents like police certificates , Personal resume .
In Ecas status , on Nov 1st , the permanent application status was changed to decision made and on opening , it shows 'We started processing your application on November 1, 2019.' .
I called the call center and they were saying the file is approved .

But Till now we didn't receive any Passport Request or any other update.
I'm really worried and anxious about this delay .
Any senior member has any idea about this . Will be really helpful

Thanks

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
guys, I am applying for my mother's application who is in India. are any correspondence sent to my mother's address? she is not able to pick mails so I was wondering if that will be an issue.
If you provided an email address for contact, everything will come by email. You can also check ecas and link your file in mycic to check update

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
friends,

My parents got the police certificate letter from CIC and my it's mentioned they have to provide police certificate since the age of 18 for locations where residence period has been 6 months or longer. Any body knows if my dad in is 60th who studied his undergrad in US (now live in Iran for 40 years) still has to submit police certificate for the duration of his residency in US?
Also, anybody knows if I can do anything to waive the police certificate from US for my dad? There is no US embassy in Iran and diplomatic relationship is sooooo bad between Iran and US.
Also, @YULIA-2016 please update row 203 to:
  • Additional document request: Jan 14,2020
  • Medical request: Jan 14,2020
  • Police certificate: Jan 14,2020

USA police check is not done through embassy. You can do it online or via mail.

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks

Reactions: sharareh