+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Adanac19

Oct 12, 2019
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew pls update info in tracker, received SA letter today, while it seems to be a generic letter, it says
Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
  • The country where they currently live; and
  • Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

Question do we go ahead to apply for PCC or should we wait for a PCC request? Also for CV/Resume, should a separate CV be sent? the application itself was pretty comprehensive which had all the information that I will have on a CV. Pls comment, Thanks

• Line # in tracker: 553
  • Sponsored People:Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:India
  • Sponsor Province:ON
  • Invitations Receive Date:Apr 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:Jun 11, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):Oct 11,2020
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Dec 31 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Jan 14 2020
  • Local Visa Office: CPC-Mississauga
  • Biometric request :Jan 06,2020
  • MyCIC update:In Process
  • IME request :Jan 09, 2020
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew pls update info in tracker, received SA letter today, while it seems to be a generic letter, it says
Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:
  • The country where they currently live; and
  • Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).
Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country's law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it. Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.
CV/Resume: Please provide a CV/Resume for the principal applicant and dependent spouse (if applicable) detailing education and employment information from the age of 18.

Question do we go ahead to apply for PCC or should we wait for a PCC request? Also for CV/Resume, should a separate CV be sent? the application itself was pretty comprehensive which had all the information that I will have on a CV. Pls comment, Thanks

• Line # in tracker: 553
  • Sponsored People:Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:India
  • Sponsor Province:ON
  • Invitations Receive Date:Apr 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:Jun 11, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):Oct 11,2020
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Dec 31 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: Jan 14 2020
  • Local Visa Office: CPC-Mississauga
  • Biometric request :Jan 06,2020
  • MyCIC update:In Process
  • IME request :Jan 09, 2020
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :
you got SA letter with PCC, travel history , CV request. apply PCC and submit all requested document as soon as possible.
submit scanned copy of PCC via email to CIC.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Just realized CIC sent an email to my mom's myCIC account and asked for her Biometrics. Finally the wait is over and eveything is moving!
Congrats. You and @ZOYAMAN13 are some lucky ones who received updates after a lengthy wait.

I am still waiting and don't know where the end is.

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
Thanks. My AOR was received July 26th. I am one of the unlucky guys who got hit by the social assistance check thing and the application got delayed for 5 months. (Usually sponsorship eligibility approval comes within 3 months upon submission but mine took 8 months)
That is good news.
When did you receive AOR?
Normally DM for happens after they request biometrics request.
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to update your info in tracker

Reactions: laxsun

bigocean

Mar 19, 2018
hi guys
i have some question about my mother's application
my mother recieved the pre-arrival letter on Dec.4 and her Ecas status is decision made. it has been alomost a month and half now, still no PPR or COPR.
1. should i be worried?or should i call VO OR this is normal i should just wait.
2. my mother has a valid TRV now, will she still recieve the PPR?or just wait for COPR in mail?

anyone has the same situation? thanks guy

pgp2019

Nov 26, 2019
Hello ,
The File processing center is CPC Mississauga
My parents sponsorship application was received in ottawa on may 8th 2019
We sent the medical and was cleared on aug 27th
On October 1st , we sent the requested documents like police certificates , Personal resume .
In Ecas status , on Nov 1st , the permanent application status was changed to decision made and on opening , it shows 'We started processing your application on November 1, 2019.' .
I called the call center and they were saying the file is approved .

But Till now we didn't receive any Passport Request or any other update.
I'm really worried and anxious about this delay .
Any senior member has any idea about this . Will be really helpful

Thanks
Same issue here. Mine was received on May 2nd and just waiting for PPR since Nov 17th.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Same issue here. Mine was received on May 2nd and just waiting for PPR since Nov 17th.
@Rajiv_dream_canada @pgp2019 don't lose hope. It will come eventually. I had similar wait time. One suggestion, send a 2-3 sentence “kindly expedite PPR” request through webform. My PPR came the next day of sending the webform request. I cannot say that it was 100% because of the webform request, but who knows...

Last edited:

jorbe

Dec 13, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2010
Doc's Request.
July 14, 2010
AOR Received.
April 20, 2010 NDVO 2nd AOR: Dec 17, 2010
File Transfer...
Dec 17, 2010 In Process......: March 21, 2012
Med's Request
March 02,2013
Med's Done....
March 12,2013
Passport Req..
March 02,2013 Docs Reached.: March 21,2013 DD Encashed..: April 03,2013 Med Received.: June 08,2013 CSQ .: Nov 15,2013 Decision Made.:Dec 09,2013
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 07, 2013 Visa Validity....: March 18,2014
LANDED..........
Mar 08, 2014
I got the letter for additional documents. I am sponsoring my parents and unable to figure out if the following is applicable. When I follow the link it doesn't seems relevant. Can someone please confirm.

Country Specific Requirements: Please refer to the country specific requirements listed for spouses, as these documents are applicable to parents and grandparents. Country specific requirements can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/spouse.asp

ELH

May 26, 2014
guys, I am applying for my mother's application who is in India. are any correspondence sent to my mother's address? she is not able to pick mails so I was wondering if that will be an issue.
You should get updates by linking the application to your account or by looking up your file # using the CIC Online Tool - this should show whether they have sent any requests to her and the status of the application.

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew please kindly update the tracker status under username "jackhcd":
  • Local Visa Office: Hong Kong
  • Medical Request Date: January 14, 2020
  • Police Certificate Request Date: January 14, 2020
  • Additional Documents Requested:
    • Hukou/2 Photos/Updated IMM 5669/Updated IMM 5406/Police Certificates
Thank you!

Reactions: robertp