+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

jassu93

Aug 22, 2019
I it got letter for pre arrival services.is it mandatory to apply for pre arrival services or reply to this letter from CIC. Pl share ur suggestions.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Congrats
Is it mandatory to apply for pre arrival services or reply to this letter from CIC. Pl share ur suggestions.
Not mandatory

You and your family can get free in-person and online services to help prepare for and adjust to life in Canada. We call these pre-arrival services.

Pre-arrival services can help you to:

• prepare for your move to Canada
  • get your education, work experience and credentials recognized in Canada
  • connect with employers to find a job
  • connect with free services after you arrive in Canada
source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/new-life-canada/pre-arrival-services.html

Reactions: HKIMM

SoontobeCanadian123

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Anyone got any update from London UK office? I know they are working on 2018 applications just wanted to check if they have started working on 2019 applications. From the tracker it seems like nobody got any response.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Last edited:

rnts

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Does anyone know, How long it takes to update bio-metric information as received after providing biometric? We provided biometric for my parent almost 10 days ago. Yet it is saying -" we need your biometric to process your application". Though updated biometric information is showing in the CIC account.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Does anyone know, How long it takes to update bio-metric information as received after providing biometric? We provided biometric for my parent almost 10 days ago. Yet it is saying -" we need your biometric to process your application". Though updated biometric information is showing in the CIC account.
It happens instantaneously, like in real time. You do the biometric and it shows up a few seconds later in myCIC. This was our experience (New Delhi). But some users and mentioned 2-3 days. So perhaps it is dependent on location?

Where did you do it?

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
so inform ircc but updating their address online..right?..thanks for this info..really appreciated
so inform ircc but updating their address online..right?..thanks for this info..really appreciated
I dont think you need to inform IRCC to the best of my knowledge. when your application reaches to the final approval, they issue a visa so that the applicant can enter to Canada. The visa is a document and if you send your passport with the passport request letter, any visa office can stamp the visa on the passport. In this case, if you send your parents' passport to the Ottawa office with the PP request letter, they should be able to stamp the visas. Not here to confuse you but this is what I feel from my previous experience with other types of visa applications.