+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi Everyone. Happy new year to you all. I am hoping if someone can advise me on IMM 5768 form. I am resubmitting a new form for IMM5768 (financial evaulation form). In question #4, it says to only complete if spouse is cosigner. However, I do not have a spouse. Should I enter 0 in question #4 or leave it blank or enter NA. Thanks much
You can leave it blank. Just follow the instruction, it said "only complete if"

canvan14

May 8, 2014
I had the same case my dad had bio in 2013 and it showed valid till 2023 initially under mycic but they asked for bio again. And now they asked for another bio repeat as well. Means he had to do it three time (once for visitor in 2013 and twice for pr)
Did you dad pass bio the third time or they still have problem with "lose fingerprint"?
I thought they should have told you when you get bio done whether the fingerprint is acceptable before letting you go. It seemed strange that the fingerprint place do not know IRCC requirements.

bobolo

Feb 20, 2019
Hello everybody and happy new year.
I have a question since I cannot locate a clear answer to it on google.
Me and my sister tried for different years to sponsor our parents. Unfortunately we were victims of a fraudulent "lawyer" that took our money and disappeared.

Last year my mom found out she has lung cancer, she is doing her treatments back in our home town and even though she has cancer she's pretty healthy for now, she's energetic and can still do everything on her own.

Is there any chance that it's still possible to sponsor her and my father? or is a Super Visa possible if we buy a health insurance.
Anybody with this kind of situation?

it's hard to see them getting older and older by themselves in a different country.

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Hi guys, do we get an email or other type of update when they receive the documents which were requested in sponsor approval letter (PCC, resumes, passports, travel history, country specific docs)?
I sent them recently and I don't know what is the next thing to wait for. Thanks!

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
I received SA letter with pcc request. It is also asking for country specific requirements. My parents are in India. What should I submit for country specific requirements?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Upon further research, I found this phrase in the instruction guide,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Your spouse or common-law partner may be a co-signer on the sponsorship application, regardless of how long you have been married. Your combined gross income may help you meet the income requirements. You and your co-signer must each provide proof of income from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for the 3 consecutive taxation years immediately preceding the date of the sponsorship application.

As per the bolded part above, my understanding is the sponsor needs to also file taxes for 3 years to qualify.
It is not 100% clear. I know someone got the AOR/bio and medical request, etc for the parents application without being in Canada for three years and the cosigner/spouse had the three year tax and enough income. I am not sure if the application will be accepted at the end but since IRC sent all these requests it seems it went forward

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Did you dad pass bio the third time or they still have problem with "lose fingerprint"?
I thought they should have told you when you get bio done whether the fingerprint is acceptable before letting you go. It seemed strange that the fingerprint place do not know IRCC requirements.
He has not done the 3rd time yet. I thought the same but it seems VAC has no customer satisfaction and IRCc says VAC is diff from them. IRCC only waved the bio fee.

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
I am the principal applicant and the scanner was unable to scan my fingerprints the first few times so I was told to go and wash my hands with soap and this worked (this was in London). The operator certainly detected a problem straight away. Fortunately, the scan was successful after I had washed my hands. I frequently have problems with the fingerprint scan on my iPad and did not realise this was due to age!

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Has any of your parents or Grandparents completed the landing procedures ? Is it simple or complicated ? Planning to land at Toronto Pearson. Can someone share the procedures and things to be prepare while landing for the first time as PR.

I have a question about health card (OHIP) as well, do parents have to stay here for continuous 3 months to get OHIP or can they submit the application and go out of country, if required ? Kindly advice....

shivi1234

Jan 2, 2020
Hi,

could you please help me with the process on how to get PCC in delhi? Do we go to our local Police station and get it? and what format?

Also my mum stayed over 6 months in Canada with us, do i need to get PCC in Canada as well? Right now they are in India.

Thanks in advance