strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hey guys, quick question regarding passport request. I am going to send all additional docs tomorrow, my question is when they ask for passport what can be done as my mom is in India and they allotted mississauga office for her file?
Probably they will ask you to send the passport to the office in India.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
What does this part mean, that any application for which the AOR was not received will be returned?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/other-goals/mi36.html
Disposition of applications

Any sponsorship application or related application for a permanent resident visa, made by a sponsor’s parents or grandparents under the Family Class that is not accepted for processing under these Instructions will be returned.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
What does this part mean, that any application for which the AOR was not received will be returned?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/other-goals/mi36.html

Any sponsorship application or related application for a permanent resident visa, made by a sponsor’s parents or grandparents under the Family Class that is not accepted for processing under these Instructions will be returned.
Very interesting. To me it seems like they will delay PGP 2020 intake at least till April 1, 2020.

Yes, sadly it also looks like if anyone who did not get an AoR by today, there app will be returned.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

Very interesting. To me it seems like they will delay PGP 2020 intake at least till April 1, 2020.

Yes, sadly it also looks like if anyone who did not get an AoR by today, there app will be returned.

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew
for PGP-2019 CIC accepted all application till June 28th 2019. Applicant who did not get AoR yet have temp file # already generated for CIC internal processing. CIC will not return PGP-2019 application. Don't Worry.....

PGP-2019 invitation letter::
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pleased to invite you to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2019 Parents and Grandparents Program. You have 60 days from the date of this email to submit your complete application. It must be received on or before June 28th, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to you along with the fees. Below is a barcode that will help our agents match your application(s) to the information you submitted when you expressed your interest to sponsor. Please print this page and include it as the first page with your application"

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
for PGP-2019 CIC accepted all application till June 28th 2019. Applicant who did not get AoR yet have temp file # already generated for CIC internal processing.

PGP-2019 invitation letter::
"Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is pleased to invite you to submit a complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents as part of the 2019 Parents and Grandparents Program. You have 60 days from the date of this email to submit your complete application. It must be received on or before June 28th, 2019. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted and will be returned to you along with the fees. Below is a barcode that will help our agents match your application(s) to the information you submitted when you expressed your interest to sponsor. Please print this page and include it as the first page with your application"
Yes, but this is a new instruction from the Minister issued yesterday. Check the Disposition of applications section.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
This was also issued yesterday:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/parents-grandparents-2020-update.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SMAC

Update on 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program
Ottawa, December 30, 2019 —To ensure that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has sufficient time to complete the development of a new intake process for the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program, the reopening of the program will be postponed until Ministerial Instructions are issued.

This means that the opportunity to express interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent will not take place on January 1, 2020. Further information about the expected launch date and 2020 intake process will be available in the new year.

This will give all interested sponsors the same opportunity to submit an interest to sponsor form and a fair chance to be invited to apply.

zedman

Dec 1, 2017
@YULIA-2016

Please add this to tracker,
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 25, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 17, 2019
  • AoR Received : August 13, 2019
  • Sponsorship In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: September 11, 2019
  • Sponsorship Approval Letter: September 16, 2019 (CPC-Mississauga)
  • Principal Applicant In Process Date: September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Request Date : September 10, 2019
  • Bio Metric Completed Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Request Date: September 12, 2019
  • Medical Passed Date: December 31,2019
  • Principal Applicant Decision Made Date:
  • Passport Request (PPR) Date:
  • MyCIC Update: Sponsor: Decision Made and Principal Applicant: In Process

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
This was also issued yesterday:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/parents-grandparents-2020-update.html?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=SMAC

Update on 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program
Ottawa, December 30, 2019 —To ensure that Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has sufficient time to complete the development of a new intake process for the 2020 Parents and Grandparents Program, the reopening of the program will be postponed until Ministerial Instructions are issued.

This means that the opportunity to express interest in sponsoring a parent or grandparent will not take place on January 1, 2020. Further information about the expected launch date and 2020 intake process will be available in the new year.

This will give all interested sponsors the same opportunity to submit an interest to sponsor form and a fair chance to be invited to apply.
as per my understanding this is for PGP 2020 program. PGP-2019 not related at all.
Applicant waiting for AoR or waiting for Ecas available please call CIC call center to confirm if you want.
Check this:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/selected.html

Last edited:
Reactions: GameChanger

Aleo

Sep 16, 2019
yes you can pay fees and submit receipt to save time.
@robertp I just linked the application to my CIC account and noticed that under the Applicant Information there is a Biometrics Number which is valid until 2026 (this is the biometrics my mom gave for her current visitor visa in 2016). Does this mean she doesn't need to give biometrics again for her PR application?

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Did you get request for medical or biometrics yet ? My parents file was received on May 15th . And sent to New Delhi in December. I didn’t get any request for biometrics or medical yet . How do you plan to get the medical and biometrics done . Is visa office going to ask biometrics from country of origin ?
As I have mentioned earlier, our file has been transferred at background checks stage. We did biometrics in Buffalo and medicals in Scarborough in Sep 2019. PR side went into process on 26 Nov and we were expecting DM. But file was transferred to NDVO on 29 Nov.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp I just linked the application to my CIC account and noticed that under the Applicant Information there is a Biometrics Number which is valid until 2026 (this is the biometrics my mom gave for her current visitor visa in 2016). Does this mean she doesn't need to give biometrics again for her PR application?
I dont think VO will request for Bio in your case BUT as per website

Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

Reactions: Aleo

Rushdanalb

Jul 13, 2018
I was not the

Not negativity. Don’t appreciate people lying about their income to sponsor their parents and neither should anyone else in Canada. It is both tax fraud and immigration fraud. Doesn’t matter if you be overstating your income. I am not making up that you didn’t earn the money. You stated it many times yourself.

“like if i have income more than whats needed for Year 2017, 2018 and 2019.

but if i'm short of 10 thousand dollars for year 2016 can i show a part time income and pay taxes to cover that up?”

“I see. Thank you for your quick response. Do you think if someone who's short of small amount pay taxes to cover it up can get through the process? Like have you seen that happen?”

Lol who cares if you like it or not.

This is what you said 5 months ago::

Based on previous posts you were 10K short and seem to have created 10K of income from 2016 that you did not earn. You should be refused because you never qualified in the first place.

Hahaha shame on you for not being able to stop ircc from approving me and many cases like mine.

Please stop living with so much hatred and negativity

Aleo

Sep 16, 2019
I dont think VO will request for Bio in your case BUT as per website

Permanent residence applicants
You’ll need to give your biometrics and pay the fee each time you apply, even if you gave your biometrics in the past for another application.
Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html
Thank you @robertp for the quick response. That's what's confusing me! I also got the message below when I used the questionnaire at https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp . Should I still pay the bio fee and send the receipt or wait to see if they ask for it? I'm worried it may cause delay or confusion if I send them additional documents that they haven't asked for.

If you apply for permanent residence
You need to give biometrics.

If you’re between 14 and 79 years old, you need to give your fingerprints and photo for all permanent resident applications, even if you already gave us your biometrics and they’re still valid. This includes: