paramjeet122

May 4, 2015
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Are you an applicant for PGP 2019 and already put your step's mom name during the EOI? Then you can't change the name to sponsor your mom.

If you intend to apply for her in 2020, then what name you have in your passport is irrelevant. You can apply for your biological mom, her spouse (if any) and her eligible dependents.

If you want to apply for your dad, there have to a separate EOI for that. In this EOI you can apply for your dad, your step mom and eligible dependents. There is no need to consult with any lawyer for this.
Thanks a lot, well! firstly. I haven't proceeded with any PGP application yet, since I do not qualify due to income. My problem is I never mentioned my biological mother in my EE application as we were not in touch for 25 years. My mother contacted me when I had recieved PPR. I am now a PR for 2 years. Just don't know how to proceed. The only document proof we have is the divorce papers which has my father's name. It's a complicated case, hence looking to

samanariya

Oct 23, 2019
Topic: Incorrect name of principal applicant in Biometric Instruction Letter

Hi,

Today we received the biometric instruction letter for my parents. In the paper application, I submitted my parents' name in the format :
Given Name (______ Kaur/Singh) + Last Name (Our Surname). In the Biometric Instruction Letter for my mother, the Last Name is missing and she is addressed with only her Given Name. However, in the instruction letter for my father, we see the complete name i.e. Given Name + Last Name.

I then noticed that even in the linked account online, my mother's last name is missing. Should I be concerned? Can we go the Visa Application Centre with this biometric letter?

I have already submitted a webform to IRCC asking for clarification, but what more can I do.
I can try calling CIC but I am currently in India, so not sure how successful that will be. Is there another way to reach CIC. We submitted the application to CIC Ottawa office.

Many thanks for some suggestions!

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that when filling out IRCC applications forms, the name provided on application forms should match the name exactly as it appears in your passport or travel document.

Due to these standards, rest assured that if you have misspelled your name on a form or in your online account, your documents will be issued in the correct name.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

cooold

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
I received a call from Delhi high commission. I didn't picked it thinking that it was a spam call and then they called me on a different number. Apparently I forgot to mention in SCHEDULE- A that my parents application once was refused for visitor visa. They wanted me to acknowledge that I did that unintentionally. I asked if they require an updated form they said it is not required. The operator was very calm and told me that I should not worry about it as they understand it was not intentional mistake. He said this will not affect my files decision and upon Asking he told me the decision is going to be positive and I will see it by next year. In the end assured me to not worry about it as I am not a immigration consultant and wished me happy holidays.

@robertp

Last edited:
Reactions: serious_cheese

Paramveer Lall

Jun 18, 2019
Guys i need suggestion

I am applying for my parents pcc in canada as they are here.

I filled there online application from the indian government website.

I found few mistakes in my dads application form?

How can i correct them? Should i redo a new form???

serena_can

Feb 1, 2019
@robertp
Could you update:
Line 440
Got email on Dec 13: Case will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. Additional document requested: Passport copies, police certificate. country specific requirement (Hukou), IMM 5562 and Resume
Got Medical request on Dec 19

Thanks,

Reactions: laxsun

Natal77

Dec 20, 2019
Hello,
I have a question regarding Medical Examinations. My parents received the request on the 19th of December, yet the medical office does not have any openings until 22nd of January. Has anyone asked for extension on Medical examinations? Who did you call? My case processing centre is Mississauga

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello,
I have a question regarding Medical Examinations. My parents received the request on the 19th of December, yet the medical office does not have any openings until 22nd of January. Has anyone asked for extension on Medical examinations? Who did you call? My case processing centre is Mississauga
Which country? It's highly unlikely that they are booked. In most places, you can just walk in. Probably they are in a vacation.

You should have contacted IRCC before the expiry. Send a webform today, explaining the situation and ask for an extension.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Thanks a lot, well! firstly. I haven't proceeded with any PGP application yet, since I do not qualify due to income. My problem is I never mentioned my biological mother in my EE application as we were not in touch for 25 years. My mother contacted me when I had recieved PPR. I am now a PR for 2 years. Just don't know how to proceed. The only document proof we have is the divorce papers which has my father's name. It's a complicated case, hence looking to
This should not be an issue. The document IRCC need is your birth certificate and that will confirm that she is your biological mom. Read my rest of the comment and post this in the main forum, not in this thread.

Jarthur

Dec 20, 2019
Hi my question is regarding police clearance certificate. My mom is 62 and my dad is 66. They moved to India from SriLanka 33 years ago. Would they need to submit a PCC from SriLanka as well? They have never lived in SriLanka for more than six months after they permanently moved to India. Any advice is helpful.

Reactions: amesh