+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

xiaomin

Apr 24, 2019
@robertp

Please help!!!!

I sponsored my mother (my dad passed away and the death certificate provided with application
finished finger print and medical in July
Submit the Hukou and PCC in October

My mother only had my dad as a spouse, no others. Never divorced or common law.

Yesterday I received notice from CIC says:
XXXX-XXXX my mother's name
divorce certificate: our records indicate you have been married more than once. As proof of dissolution for each marriage, please provide a divorce or death certificate for all relationships. This must be received at this office by: 2019/12/05

Anyone has the similar situation or experience on this?
@robertp please update DM 2 December 12
and I have a question: I find DM2 on my cic. Will that be a rejection decision that they made?

Reactions: robertp

KRUNAL.SHAH1190

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Nomination.....
AINP RECEIVED
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
Hi guys, I am not sure if has been ever asked but I am planning to apply for my parents. They are 60 and 54 years of age. I was checking online about parents sponsorship but its been closed and they have not mentioned when the application is going to open again. I would love to prepare all the require documents in advance. If someone guide me regarding the process then it will be appreciated. Thank you

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Hi guys, I am not sure if has been ever asked but I am planning to apply for my parents. They are 60 and 54 years of age. I was checking online about parents sponsorship but its been closed and they have not mentioned when the application is going to open again. I would love to prepare all the require documents in advance. If someone guide me regarding the process then it will be appreciated. Thank you
Rules might change for 2020. Keep your eyes open by visiting their website and social media pages for updates.
At this time there is no news about next year PGP yet.

sandhusukhjit

Dec 13, 2019
Hi
My parents application online status showing application received on June 10. But I haven't received anything yet. I got acknowledgement in first week of October. How long it take usually to start the process?
I am not exactly sure. But I am in the same situation as you. I will update here if I receive any updates.

KRUNAL.SHAH1190

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-SYDNEY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2014
Nomination.....
AINP RECEIVED
AOR Received.
18-02-2015
thank you for the reply
Rules might change for 2020. Keep your eyes open by visiting their website and social media pages for updates.
At this time there is no news about next year PGP yet.

Pupu

Oct 7, 2019
my parents now are taking the medical exam. they were told their blood pressure is a bit high (160). I don't think the blood pressure is going to have impact their medical admissibility, but would like to hear from your experience. thank you so much

Mani2019

Nov 25, 2019
Hello all,
I finally got my SA letter . It probably has the standard template for the required documents, one of which is PCC from Country currently living as well as all countries where they lived for more than 6 months.
Parents were is canada for more than 6 months so The Question is do we need PCC from Canada or they will ask for it at later stages. When i checked the cic website on how to get it for canada, it says for PR appl PCC is not required unless asked for.
Again does the PA receives PCC request Separately than at the time of SA.
much appreciated

cheers

Last edited:

Pupu

Oct 7, 2019
Hello all,
I finally got my SA letter . It probably is has the standard template for the required documents, one of which is PCC from Country currently living as well as all countries where they lived for more than 6 months.
Parents were is canada for more than 6 months so The Question is do we need PCC from Canada or they will ask for it at later stages. When i checked the cic website on how to get it for canada, it says for PR appl PCC is not required unless asked for.
much appreciated

cheers
I am in the same situation. I will not provide RCMP at this stage. However, there are cases that IRCC randomly request RCMP in the past. Yes, PCC request is in the generic SA letter.

Mani2019

Nov 25, 2019
I am in the same situation. I will not provide RCMP at this stage. However, IRCC randomly request RCMP in the past. Yes, PCC request is in the generic SA letter.
Thank you, I may have to do the same as this would be quicker otherwise i have to get the fingerprint done from home country and digitize and submit to RCMP. Minimum a month for sure.
It is better to wait for the RCMP specific request and submit it, if they request, later in the process.

Cheers

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello all,
I finally got my SA letter . It probably has the standard template for the required documents, one of which is PCC from Country currently living as well as all countries where they lived for more than 6 months.
much appreciated

cheers
PCC from Canada is not required through the SA letter. If they need it, they will ask for RCMP fingerprints later.

Anil0502

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014(PER mail)
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi All,

Got SA letter today and it requests to submit below docs
1) PCC
2) Supplementary Information - Your travels(IMM 5662)
3)CV/Resume
4) Biometrics

please advise do we have to submit all the docs right away or we wait for visa officer processing the PA application to request it.
It seems SA letter is more generic but indeed requests to obtain all the docs and submit it.

javier.abraham

Star Member
Apr 10, 2017
Dominican Republic
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-01-2018
Hi Guys,

Applying with Sponsorship for my mother.

We received an email this week requesting Biometrics and now we received another one saying:
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent

Residence for your relative will be forwarded to Mexico for further processing. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

On the website it says Decision Made. PR Application Status In Process.

Does this mean my mom is approved or what's going on? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!!

simatar

Jun 17, 2010
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
MANILA
VISA ISSUED...
waiting sa biyaya ng Panginoon
Just want to update that I received Sponsorship Approval letter today. They're also asking:
1. Passport/Travel Document
2. Police Certificate
3. Supplementary Information IMM 5546
4. CV/Resume

Reactions: javier.abraham