+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
On my end, it says "We have received the additional documents you provided.".
I have checked with few more applicants who received passport request and for them it changed from received to reviewing at some point.

I am also waiting for DM and than passport request. Mississauga is very slow from last few days.
Yes it should change to we are reviewing the additional documents, but that will change when officer looks into file.
I hope the officer looks into it soon. It is so much of a dilemma as what to do. Booking the flight and then cancelling later is a waste.

Reactions: Canada_Super

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Do you mind if i ask if you were asked to upload them online or through email? In the letter i received, it said to email them it. I have called the IRCC and they have confirmed receipt of them but MyCIC states and has always stated, "We do not need additional documents."
Yes, they asked us to send them through the email.
We did send them through email and also through web form just to be on the safer side.

Reactions: Irynaken

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Yes it should change to we are reviewing the additional documents, but that will change when officer looks into file.
I hope the officer looks into it soon. It is so much of a dilemma as what to do. Booking the flight and then cancelling later is a waste.
I would say book a flight now for April (couple days before the visa expiry date) and also buy the insurance.
Insurance will cost you maybe $100 max but if you get everything done before the expiry date then cancel the flight.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I went to a BLS Canada office and they told me that they cannot process two application at a time, it has to be either a PCC or Passport Reissue. BLS office sucks so much that for my two request, I will have to go to their office 4 times since you cannot collect your PCC and apply for a new passport the same day because the collection and submission times are different.
BLS is the worst I have seen. We got my mum's passport renewed and they put the signatures upside down. Instead of 3 weeks procedure, it took us 7 weeks and delayed our PGP submissions completely.

Never_give_up

Nov 20, 2018
Hello Folks,

I got an email from CIC today regarding my parents bio metrics. they already done the bio-metrics in 2017. Can they have to go again? Please advise?
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: August 9, 2017
  • Expiry Date: August 9, 2027

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
I would say book a flight now for April (couple days before the visa expiry date) and also buy the insurance.
Insurance will cost you maybe $100 max but if you get everything done before the expiry date then cancel the flight.
I checked few online websites for booking ticket and they don't have the option of insurance. I was thinking of buying that too.
May be I will contact independent agents and see if they can do something about it.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Yes, they asked us to send them through the email.
We did send them through email and also through web form just to be on the safer side.
Did it previously say on the Review of additional documents section of your MyCIC, "We do not need additional documents" if you can remember?

I only ask because mine has never changed and it still says that even though the agent confirms that they have received all the documentation.

JasonDyk

Star Member
Jul 25, 2019
Did it previously say on the Review of additional documents section of your MyCIC, "We do not need additional documents" if you can remember?

I only ask because mine has never changed and it still says that even though the agent confirms that they have received all the documentation.
Yes, it used to say "We do not need additional documents." before.

Reactions: robreeves

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
BLS is the worst I have seen. We got my mum's passport renewed and they put the signatures upside down. Instead of 3 weeks procedure, it took us 7 weeks and delayed our PGP submissions completely.
thanks for sharing, did CIC allowed you submit your documents even after 30 days that they allow? How did you reached out to them asking for grace in time.

I think I will also get late because I've time till 25th Dec.

Leonora7

Star Member
May 4, 2019
Many people have confusions about email/mail issue. Not sure if people put an e-mail address in the below two forms and if it is the same e-mail address and if that e-mail address matched with the REP forms (if one provided).

The SA approval will come to the e-mail address provided in IMM1344.
The BIO, IME etc will go the e-mail address provided in IMM008.

Thanks for this answer, bit of a relief that it is an email and, as someone else said they are going out in batches, this is probably why my son's not had it yet. I would just like to know which visa office we are assigned to - although I guess it is London as we are in the UK.

Canada_Super

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
I sent the email for documents on Oct 22nd and then didn't see any update for next 3 weeks. I was given upto Nov 14th to send documents, so on Nov 12th I uploaded them again through mycic.
So currently it says your additional documents have been uploaded.

What does it say at your end?
For documents emailed to IRCC you just had to call them and they would have told you whether documents have been received or not .

Reactions: ankz001