+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Canadianbrit

Star Member
Jan 10, 2016
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Here is something to share about biometrics that very few will encounter but is worth sharing to all. Biometrics request came Nov 21st, prior to this we had sent a webform questioning the payment. Reason... my mother's application arrived in Ottawa May 17th & she turned 80 May 18th. We followed up with a second webform & received confirmation she would still have to do biometrics even for the one day. She has been in Canada since May 11th, leaving for vacation with me in September which now gives her until March 2020 (visa exempt country UK only ETA needed) Long story short, we had booked biometrics in the US Dec 9th but as soon as the announcement was made for in Canada biometrics i booked Dec 4th locally (Montreal). We showed up at the Service Canada Office, first people in the door & they proceeded with biometrics, only to stop immediately as the machine would not register an 80 year old. They could not override the program. We stayed for an hour, finally they called IRCC & they said they would call us to remedy the issue. The gave as a copy of the letter with the explanation written on it to prove we presented ourselves for the appointment. The dead line has been waived for now Dec 22nd & we are on hold until we hear back. I will follow up with another webform, with a copy of the letter & a note about what had happened. Even though my mother was 79 when the application was received 6 months later she is still 80 & they have no solution as of yet for their system. I'm really glad we didn't drive 4hrs round trip to the US for the same out come. Robert could you please remove the Dec 9th completion date for biometrics from the spread sheet & i'll let you know of any updates.

As always thanks for the great work

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Do we have to submit all the documents requested in generic email within 30 days? I am concerned what if I don't get the PCC within 30 days from the Indian passport office?

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi~~sorry i didn't get chance to check the message until today.
I just checked my credit card today and just found CIC returned my parents biometrics fees $170 on 26NOV19.....i didn't receive email from CIC regarding this refund...and myCIC not change except the timeline bar which shows how many month left for the processing time is disappear now.....I am gonna call CIC later today ask the application status....
Also want to know anyone has the same situation??
Many thanks~~~
Yes they refunded my biometrics fees too a while ago. No updates after documents submission. Mycic just says the additional documents have been uploaded.
So it is the wait game till the officer reviews them.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
@robertp @YULIA-2016
Update:
Line 184 @macwhitby

Documents requested by generic email was submitted via web form and email on November 21st 2019.

Ecas status for PR shows "Decision made" since December 4th 2019.

CIC Account shows :
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thanks folks and Good luck :)
Wow that was very quick. I submitted on October 22nd and still no response. Best wishes to you!

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Here is something to share about biometrics that very few will encounter but is worth sharing to all. Biometrics request came Nov 21st, prior to this we had sent a webform questioning the payment. Reason... my mother's application arrived in Ottawa May 17th & she turned 80 May 18th. We followed up with a second webform & received confirmation she would still have to do biometrics even for the one day. She has been in Canada since May 11th, leaving for vacation with me in September which now gives her until March 2020 (visa exempt country UK only ETA needed) Long story short, we had booked biometrics in the US Dec 9th but as soon as the announcement was made for in Canada biometrics i booked Dec 4th locally (Montreal). We showed up at the Service Canada Office, first people in the door & they proceeded with biometrics, only to stop immediately as the machine would not register an 80 year old. They could not override the program. We stayed for an hour, finally they called IRCC & they said they would call us to remedy the issue. The gave as a copy of the letter with the explanation written on it to prove we presented ourselves for the appointment. The dead line has been waived for now Dec 22nd & we are on hold until we hear back. I will follow up with another webform, with a copy of the letter & a note about what had happened. Even though my mother was 79 when the application was received 6 months later she is still 80 & they have no solution as of yet for their system. I'm really glad we didn't drive 4hrs round trip to the US for the same out come. Robert could you please remove the Dec 9th completion date for biometrics from the spread sheet & i'll let you know of any updates.

As always thanks for the great work
This is just ignorance from your VO. He should know the policy better and see how it effect this case when reviewing the file and requesting the BIO. They will cancel the BIO request now.

xengxeng73

Aug 31, 2016
I would say so. I received SA on November 1st stating that my parents’ application will be transferred and processed in Singapore office. I assume the file is transferred only once sponsor gets approval. Otherwise there is just a waste of time to process principal application just to find out later that their sponsor is not eligible to sponsor them.

If I were you, I would check Spam folder carefully and call CIC if still no email in inbox and spam folder.
Thank you for replying. I double checked all in box to make sure but nothing. I called CIC this morning and the agent said before the file was transferred , all she could see was my Sponsorship eligibility wasn’t even started to be processed yet. Which i don’t believe because CIC agent can give wrong info all the time. My ECAS still says “ app received “ for SA and “ In process “ for PA. i’m May 23 applicant . Both SA and PA went to “ in process “ on Sep 25 and SA changed back to “ received “
Anyway. now we just wait and good luck for both of us !! :)

mohitmalhotr44

Jan 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

Today we got the letter that my parents' file was being transferred to New Delhi VO. We had got the biometric request in Oct last week, but since then no communication regarding medical or PCC was sent . Is this normal ?
We are in the same boat. Even my parents file was transferred to New Delhi visa office after SA decision made. Biometrics were completed October 31st. Since then no update. Waiting for IME and PCC request.

When did you receive the SA letter? Mine is dated October 31, 2019. I believe our parents physical file was transferred to New Delhi and now it is waiting in line to be opened by an agent in New Delhi visa office. My ECAS status is currently >> Application Received

Reactions: kroduk