+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
How to book appointment for bioemtric in Canada. I have an appointment in the afternoon in Buffalo and Im not trying to go now since they have opened it here and the deadline is Dec 20. I cant seem to location the appointment option on the locations yet? Please advise

amop

Feb 28, 2014
I saw the Biometrics announcement as well - which is great.
but it clearly says Permanent residents -

Starting December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
SO if we sponsored our parents at that time they were not in Canada - then we can not do biometrics here - That is what i understood ...

what is your opinion forum members ...

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
I saw the Biometrics announcement as well - which is great.
but it clearly says Permanent residents -

Starting December 3, 2019, you need to give your fingerprints and photo (biometrics) if you’re applying within Canada as a

• foreign worker (including extending your work permit)
  • international student (including extending your study permit)
  • visa-required visitor (including extending your stay)
  • permanent resident
SO if we sponsored our parents at that time they were not in Canada - then we can not do biometrics here - That is what i understood ...

what is your opinion forum members ...
Why is that?

it says visa-required visitor
Or I missed something?

amop

Feb 28, 2014
Why is that?

it says visa-required visitor
Or I missed something?
No i was checking my understanding is if we applied for PR for our parent - and if they were not in Canada that time ....then we cant do bio here in Canada

but if they are visiting us now - and are in Canada and if WE get a biometric request - can we do the biometrics in Canada or nearest USA ASC
like in my case i have booked appointment at Buffalo for my mother`bio .

According to this new development - can i do it in Canada itself ....or exit US then do it ..as on letter it states please exit Canada to do biometrics..

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
No i was checking my understanding is if we applied for PR for our parent - and if they were not in Canada that time ....then we cant do bio here in Canada

but if they are visiting us now - and are in Canada and if WE get a biometric request - can we do the biometrics in Canada or nearest USA ASC
like in my case i have booked appointment at Buffalo for my mother`bio .

According to this new development - can i do it in Canada itself ....or exit US then do it ..as on letter it states please exit Canada to do biometrics..
If it’s not hard for you to leave Canada you should probably follow the steps what it says on the letter. If it is, call them and ask. Also take the call reference number for your phone conversation in case some discrepancies come up.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
@robertp
Please update line 178, stamped PR VISA received.
myCIC account for PA now updated to Final Decision made, "December 2, 2019 Your application was approved" and counterfoil generated.
Landing will be on 3rd Jan 2020
Thank you all again, for this wonderful community !

Last edited:

android.exe

Star Member
Mar 31, 2014
Anyone here that has not recieved acknowledgement email? I posted my application on June 19th and no email yet. I know friends that have posted June 25th and got their email last week.
I called CIC and apparently they have received my application and provided me with an application number. But they don't know why the email is not sent to me yet.
Anyone Could help Please?
Thank
Yeah - i am june 19th too. No AOR yet - but my ECAS is active and i was able to link my application in my CIC account.

Reactions: dinesh.kumar

jayeshaminnew

Apr 25, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Nomination.....
18-08-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
19-11-2014
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Hi guys,

I am the sponsor for my mom. If my employment changed during the immigration process, should I inform the immigration office about it. I know I will still meet the financial requirement. However, I am worried that the place of work is different now. Online I see only below situations mentioned for keeping information up to date:
  • marriage or divorce
  • birth or adoption of a child
  • death of an applicant or dependant
  • contact information updates, including:
    • email
    • phone number
    • mailing address
Please advise.
No you don't have to inform them. I have the same situation. I changed job after application

r4sharma

May 17, 2019
@robertp
Please update line 178, stamped PR VISA received.
myCIC account for PA now updated to Final Decision made, "December 2, 2019 Your application was approved" and counterfoil generated.
Landing will be on 3rd Jan 2020
Thank you all again, for this wonderful community !
Hello there, does this mean that PR was granted in 6 months?!

dinesh.kumar

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Yeah - i am june 19th too. No AOR yet - but my ECAS is active and i was able to link my application in my CIC account.
Same issue with my case. My application was received on 21st June and no AOR email yet.
In CIC website I can see the parents PR sponsorship application status as "Application Received".
Does this mean the application is accepted?

Reactions: Mitana