+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
It was about a 3 hour drive from Calgary and we arrived there at about 1230.
Told the US border agent that we were there to flagpole and was told to park up and go into the building. There was one family already waiting and they left after about 5 mins, we were then called up by the Officer who asked if we were entering or just there to change our status, I told him we were just changing status and he handed back our passports and said as we were from a visa exempt country there was nothing to do by them and just drive back following the return to Canada signs.
We drove up to the Canadian side told the Officer we were there to land, he asked us to park and come in. Inside the family that was at the US side were just finishing and we were seen straight away. We were asked if we had every been arrested, denied entry to Canada and if all the details on the COPR were correct. It was then a 5 min wait while they did all the admin, he gave us back our passports with the copy of the COPR, told us our supervises had been cancelled and welcomed us to Canada.
All in the whole process took about 30 mins and the officers at both sides of the border were very nice .
Flagpole process is usually always very smooth.

Did you declare any money or goods to follow for your parents? This issue is not came up this forum yet, but would be something useful if they want to bring money or goods in future.

fjle

Star Member
Jan 15, 2019

Did you declare any money or goods to follow for your parents? This issue is not came up this forum yet, but would be something useful if they want to bring money or goods in future.
No nothing to follow, we brought everything with us 18 months ago when we first arrived on our supervisa.

sam001

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2014
AOR Received.
15-10-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
17-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-04-2015
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
Sept 30, 2015
Reactions: robertp

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Anyone have any advice on how to send addition docs for parents like PCC, resumes, copies of all pages of passport all within 5 mb??
Please advice!!!! Thanks so much!!!

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018

This is an important point. I raised it earlier but it died with no response. There are many sponsored parents who are in Canada on visitor/super visa. They have real estate, funds, other assets in their home countries which will need to be brought/transferred here. It would be nice if someone can share experience.

Reactions: Leonora7

mayorok

Oct 20, 2013
Burlington
Anyone have any advice on how to send addition docs for parents like PCC, resumes, copies of all pages of passport all within 5 mb??
Please advice!!!! Thanks so much!!!
Distribute the files among as many separate emails as needed to accommodate the required max size of 5 MB per email attachment. For example, I sent 13 documents in 8 emails.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
This is an important point. I raised it earlier but it died with no response. There are many sponsored parents who are in Canada on visitor/super visa. They have real estate, funds, other assets in their home countries which will need to be brought/transferred here. It would be nice if someone can share experience.
If they are planning to sale house/condo/lands in future, it would be very wise to declare that during landing to avoid taxes.

Reactions: PGP_Coast

inaratay

May 9, 2019
Ontario
Category........
PNP
App. Filed.......
27-05-2019
Good Morning folks,

on Nov 14 only my dad received furtherance letter from New Delhi VO to contact the physician. When contacted the physicians office informed IRCC is looking for information if my Dad is mobile or requires wheel chair or cane etc, no re-tests as such. Doctor's office advised they replied and send documentation on Nov 19. I have to blindly believe the doctor's office that they sent, as I did not see any updates on ECAS or myCIC.

I am worried and looking for advise if I should wait longer or need to contact the immigration office? Is there a NDVO contact number available?

TIA.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Was there anyone who did medical for supervisa couple of years back and asked to do the medical for PGP 2019?

BANEET

Mar 16, 2015
Good Morning folks,

on Nov 14 only my dad received furtherance letter from New Delhi VO to contact the physician. When contacted the physicians office informed IRCC is looking for information if my Dad is mobile or requires wheel chair or cane etc, no re-tests as such. Doctor's office advised they replied and send documentation on Nov 19. I have to blindly believe the doctor's office that they sent, as I did not see any updates on ECAS or myCIC.

I am worried and looking for advise if I should wait longer or need to contact the immigration office? Is there a NDVO contact number available?

TIA.
What was the orginal Medical date for your Dad?? and after how many days you got furtherance , in Ecas whats the status showing for medical