aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Hi Guys

Just to confirm

My Mother had given her Biometric for Visitor Visa few months ago at Ankara VAC and now she is asked for her permanent residency Biometric.
Does she need to do the Biometric again.
According to this link it seems yes;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

But couple Travel agencies told her that they can take her New Biometric without a need she physically goes there.
She lives in Iran and she needs to travel.
But they said they can get her New Biometric as long as she can provide them the Passport and New Biometric Request letter.

I wonder if anyone, specially Iranian applicants heard about this or knows if this is an option.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi Guys

Just to confirm

My Mother had given her Biometric for Visitor Visa few months ago at Ankara VAC and now she is asked for her permanent residency Biometric.
Does she need to do the Biometric again.
According to this link it seems yes;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/campaigns/biometrics/facts.html

But couple Travel agencies told her that they can take her New Biometric without a need she physically goes there.
She lives in Iran and she needs to travel.
But they said they can get her New Biometric as long as she can provide them the Passport and New Biometric Request letter.

I wonder if anyone, specially Iranian applicants heard about this or knows if this is an option.
Did you got a letter from CIC for her BIO? If so, she will need it.

And she have to be physically present for BIO. Don't take any fraudulent steps which might jeopardize your app.

aribc

Star Member
Jul 3, 2013
BC
Visa Office......
Ankara
Did you got a letter from CIC for her BIO? If so, she will need it.

And she have to be physically present for BIO. Don't take any fraudulent steps which might jeopardize your app.
Yes I got Letter From CIC.
Sure. I will ask her to go to Ankara again.
Its safest.
I agree.

Amit_MTL

Star Member
Nov 23, 2014
Hello,
We applied for inlaws and it is showing decision made for both sponsor (in may/june) and applicant since last 7 days. But we did not yet any email for passports, is it normal to get late passport requesta?

DoubleS

Nov 5, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
CCC Jan 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Currently in Canada
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun

Please update line 646:

ECAS activated (Application received) today, Nov. 23.
Also, please adjust date received in Ottawa to June 20, 2019.

Thank you sooo much for your work on the forum and the spreadsheet.

Reactions: robertp

Nav_S

Aug 8, 2015
Hi Guys, We applied on May 21, Sponsorship DM, Biometrics done, medical passed and PCC travel history submitted. My parents are currently in India. Can they come to Canada and we can get the rest of the process done here like PPR and landing. Or for PPR they have to stay in home country?
LVO is Missi.
how much time does it take after meds passed to get PPR?

@robertp

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Hi Guys, We applied on May 21, Sponsorship DM, Biometrics done, medical passed and PCC travel history submitted. My parents are currently in India. Can they come to Canada and we can get the rest of the process done here like PPR and landing. Or for PPR they have to stay in home country?
LVO is Missi.
how much time does it take after meds passed to get PPR?

@robertp
Have you received DM for PA yet?