+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Chocolaye

Star Member
Jun 19, 2019
Hi there, kindly add below new to the tracker @YULIA-2016 @robertp. And thank you so much for the wonderful work, this group is an anti-stress in regard to this long immigration process.
  • Line # in tracker: NEW
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province: QC
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 28, 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 18, 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): november 15
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: App received
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. App Received
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information : Dad and mom included in application

Last edited:

realpower

Jul 3, 2019
Hi @robertp @YULIA-2016,

Today got letter from CIC.

CIC has asked us to provide travel doc copy, biometric, supplemental information and Resume.

Biometric scheduled in India for Nov 18th. Appointment is required to schedule biometrics.

Please update these on excel sheet.

Thanks,
Emdpr
Many Congratulations. This is in SA letter? or it's a different letter?

Last edited:

sharareh

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Hi, On the website it says please visit the nearest Iran embassy, the nearest Iran embassy is Delhi for my dad, and when he went there , the person on counter said they need fingerprint and photo on one page done by Indian police, my dad asked for a written request which he can forward to Indian police, Iran embassy guy said we do not provide anything in written, he went there twice, this happened. Indian police say we need in writing your request from embassy.
The letter recieved says get pic for any country where you stayed more than 6 months. We are stuck
Look at this link (note: it’s for express entry but I think it applies to all type of visas)
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/apply-permanent-residence/police-certificates.html

Reactions: GBH

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
@GBH

Following is mentioned in the above link

"an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old."

So if it was mentioned in any PCC request that they need from age of 18, it should be from age 18

Reactions: GBH

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
Certified copy or certified translation. Or scan if it works. Never submit original unless they asked for
thanks I was thinking the same. Thanks for confirming.

my father is in Canada on supervisa. However he is asked to go outside Canada for biometrics.

He has visitor visa of USA. Can I schedule an appointment there and take him there.

GBH

Jul 25, 2014
@GBH

Following is mentioned in the above link

"an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old."

So if it was mentioned in any PCC request that they need from age of 18, it should be from age 18
Thanks, this is what was written in the letter:

Police Certificate: For the principal applicant and dependant spouse (if applicable), please provide police certificates from:

 The country where they currently live, and

 Any country they have lived for six months or more (if applicable).

Your relative is required to obtain the police certificate from that country’s law enforcement authorities. Please send a copy of the original police certificate to this office as soon as they receive it.

Instructions to obtain Police Certificates can be found on our website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hi,

I have received email from CIC with the following content:

"Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more.
Please ensure to include all pages of the passport."

What does "include all pages of the passport" - does cic needs only passport details and stamped pages or even blank pages.

siddhesh398

Apr 23, 2013
Hi @robertp @YULIA-2016,

I got a letter requesting for Biometrics yesterday. Today got an email that stating that the conditions for eligibility has been met for family sponsorship.

What is the next step in progress? When will we get the request for medicals?

Apparently I would need my parents to get Police Clearance for India and Canada. How can I get police clearance certificates from Canada when they are in India? Do they have to make a trip to Canada to get the police clearance completed in Canada?

thanks,
edmpr
They can receive Police clearance within India.

https://portal2.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hi,

I have received email from CIC with the following content:

"Passport/Travel Document: Your relative must submit a copy of their passport. If your
relative's passport has expired or will expire within the next 12 months, please have them apply
for and submit a copy of their new passport with a validity of 12 months or more.
Please ensure to include all pages of the passport."

What does "include all pages of the passport" - does cic needs only passport details and stamped pages or even blank pages.
As highlighted, all pages :)