+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My parents are here for more than 1 yr on Visitor Visa. originally from India. We received the request for PCC which we submitted in early October from India. We dint submit anything from Canada or RCMP. There is no update on the file after but when we called to check, they mentioned that the file was moved to Delhi in India. Is this common, any one with similar experience or what should we expect next?

Cant seem to link the ECAS with Cic Account as well

Curiosity is building everyday..

Can you also post the link for the excel sheet?
Excel spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AqTuXZrYG6sg4UHpHBEaMbWTgbHtvxzWYedaojGh0bg/edit#gid=945174368

Ecas need only your (available in the PCC request letter) or your parents' UCI to check.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en

Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India?
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

Last edited:

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, there are lot of people in the same situation as you. Check Tracker. I think the process has slowed down quiet a bit. We are still only seeing AOR for mostly Jun 13- Jun 17. Only a few Jun 18-19. I would suggest you to wait couple of more weeks and then try again. You will also get an email with AOR when they will register your application in their system.
Very slow process for June submission, I am June 18, Ecas was available since Nov 5 but no AOR yet

salmunsu

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Hey Everyone,

My sister is currently already in Canada on a student permit and we just received our biometrics letter. My parents are in Canada but they are going back home in 5 days and can do their biometrics there.

Does anyone know where my sister can go to do her biometrics? She just came to Ottawa, Canada in September. Will appreciate any feedback!

Letter below:

Sreshta15

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Toronto
AOR Received.
21-12-2018
Med's Request
15-05-2019
Am in same situation .. please let me know if you have solution!!

Hi Everyone,

My Dad is already in Canada (on visitor visa came three weeks back) and we just received our biometrics letter. My Mom is backhome and can do her biometrics there.

Does anyone know where my dad can go to do his biometrics? Please help.

Thanks in advance....

taegee07

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
IF SHE JUST CAME TO CANADA, I WONDER WHY THEY WANT HER TO DO BIOMETRICS AGAIN.. MY SISTER DID NOT HAVE TO DO BIOMETRICS.. your best bet is to book a trip across the border (if she has a US visa). if not she will have to apply for a visa (It will be hard to prove intent to return - the US is getting strict - depending on your country of origin) *using Biometrics as a reason to go the the states will not get you a visa*

Paramveer Lall

Jun 18, 2019
Hey Everyone,

My sister is currently already in Canada on a student permit and we just received our biometrics letter. My parents are in Canada but they are going back home in 5 days and can do their biometrics there.

Does anyone know where my sister can go to do her biometrics? She just came to Ottawa, Canada in September. Will appreciate any feedback!

Letter below:
I would send a web form and explain them the situation. Request them for exemption.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
We hope that we should get AOR by end of November. It is almost 5 months, we haven't heard anything yet whereas other application submitted before mid June processed.

Do you anyone know that is there any CAP for PGP 2019? They send invitation to 27,000 but how many files they are processing it.
I am not sure about how many files they are processing. But looking at the previous years it seems like most of the files were processed in 12-16 months period with odd exceptions taking 24 months. I think the reason for slow down is to make sure they don't get too much ahead. Also, I believe the process will pick up again in January.

newkij1

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
Posting again,

1) People who are getting PCC request, how can we get a PCC from Delhi? How long does it take? How many days CIC gives you to submit PCC?

2) my father is visiting here in Canada and mom is back home in India. In case PPR comes while he's here, can i submit his passport here in Canada and mom can submit in India?

Please advise.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Posting again,

1) People who are getting PCC request, how can we get a PCC from Delhi? How long does it take? How many days CIC gives you to submit PCC?

2) my father is visiting here in Canada and mom is back home in India. In case PPR comes while he's here, can i submit his passport here in Canada and mom can submit in India?

Please advise.
According to my understanding CIC will give you 30 days for PCC and Indian police will only provide PCC if the person is physically present. It seems like in your case you dad has to be in India to get PCC done. I am not sure about submitting passports. I am sure if you contact CIC they will give you more details.