+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

lahrizi

Nov 1, 2019
I'm relatively fresh in Canada. I arrived in June 2019 as a PR, and am working currently as a full time in Vancouver. My parents are 55 and 62 and both living in my country of origin. Neither of them is employed currently, and our intention is for them to join me here, and be able to work and sustain their lives. I'm aware that the Parent and Grandparent sponsorship needs minimum 3 years of tax history, and that a Super Visa needs a minimum of 1 year of tax history.

I'm looking for other creative options that would facilitate them to join me and be able to work legally. I've thought about one of them studying and the other being the dependent, but I'd like to know what other ideas are available. Please share!

NirCHa

Jul 15, 2019
OK- so now I have received their official criminal record check and police clearance from India on Oct 30 and I have until Nov 29 to provide the same. It makes much more sense that it is referenced to both my parents now. Please update it for me. @robertp @YULIA-2016

Reactions: robertp

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm still waiting for ecas to show up and still haven't received AOR. Ottawa received my application on May 22nd. I called CIC and they confirmed they received the application but haven't opened or begun processing.

In the past, CIC has never taken longer than 1 or 2 months to send AOR. This time it has been over 5 months. Is this normal? I'm getting worried.
what number to call and ask if they received the package?

RevSob

Oct 31, 2019
Hey there are few people here who got province request letter in gcms notes what's your application received date and your in process date?
My "in process date" is in middle of June. It seems from GCSM notes that CIC, after waiting 3 months, resent that request letter again. I called an agent, and he told me he can't see in my file whether they got reply or not. So, I'd like to know what is written in GCSM notes after CIC got reply from province.
I called to Alberta Social Service, and they told me that they usually reply on such requests during 2 business days.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Last night mycic shoed status as updated with no update in my account. I thought it was the so called ghost update, but I checked myvic again today and status is changed back to submitted.
No changes in my ecase either.
Any idea what it can mean?

GRANDCUTEUS

Star Member
Jul 9, 2019
My "in process date" is in middle of June. It seems from GCSM notes that CIC, after waiting 3 months, resent that request letter again. I called an agent, and he told me he can't see in my file whether they got reply or not. So, I'd like to know what is written in GCSM notes after CIC got reply from province.
I called to Alberta Social Service, and they told me that they usually reply on such requests during 2 business days.
What social services? Like EI for maternity?

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
Last night mycic shoed status as updated with no update in my account. I thought it was the so called ghost update, but I checked myvic again today and status is changed back to submitted.
No changes in my ecase either.
Any idea what it can mean?
If you have already submitted all the documents for PA, then you will receive a DM for PA in ecas in a day or two.

Reactions: Ramona2019

Nancy17

Star Member
May 15, 2019
@YULIA-2016 ; @robertp
Please update.
27 September- Email received for PCC,IMM 5562, CV, passport pages and fee receipt.
29 October- Sent all requested documents via email.
Hello,

Have you sent all these in one email? Also, i read in email received about documents to not have zip folder and size should be 5MB all together.
I got request for exactly same documents as yours. Can you please help me how you sent these documents? DO we have to change file size or how you sent?

RevSob

Oct 31, 2019
What social services? Like EI for maternity?
In GCSM notes, they called is as "social assistance check". We sponsored in-laws last year. I think, CIC checks whether they got social assistance.
Due to Alberta not answering, my file is still in progress. I do not see other cause for so long delay.

1tintin2

May 16, 2019
Follow-up question here :

I am sponsoring my father, and I have 5 siblings. Everyone is above 18 years... do they need to fill up and sign the IMM 5406 form as well?
How about myself, since Im the one sponsoring my father?

Thanks.

Hi all...appreciate if someone can help. Thanks!