+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
Noth
I'm relatively fresh in Canada. I arrived in June 2019 as a PR, and am working currently as a full time in Vancouver. My parents are 55 and 62 and both living in my country of origin. Neither of them is employed currently, and our intention is for them to join me here, and be able to work and sustain their lives. I'm aware that the Parent and Grandparent sponsorship needs minimum 3 years of tax history, and that a Super Visa needs a minimum of 1 year of tax history.

I'm looking for other creative options that would facilitate them to join me and be able to work legally. I've thought about one of them studying and the other being the dependent, but I'd like to know what other ideas are available. Please share!
Sorry but there’s nothing you can do as of now. You have to establish yourself here in Canada first maybe in 3 yrs you can try to sponsor them or help them with supervisa.

ZOYAMAN13

Apr 11, 2017
In GCSM notes, they called is as "social assistance check". We sponsored in-laws last year. I think, CIC checks whether they got social assistance.
Due to Alberta not answering, my file is still in progress. I do not see other cause for so long delay.

My husband has never sponsored anyone except for me(2013) and i have never sponsored anyone either. Not sure still why they would have ask for provinve letter.

rhonaleen17

Star Member
Apr 1, 2010
Ontario
October 16 since my father’s passport request and I’m still waiting for the right response sent them 3 times a webform on how to submit the passport from Philippines. There was a response but just generic like “forwarded it to the responsible office. Hopefully next week..

dimbo888

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
My wife recently got a letter requesting IMM 5406 (09-2018) version. we submitted 06-2019 version with the application. is this some kind of mockery? they are asking for an older version and won't acknowledge the latest version. Also, would like to know if this form should only be submitted by prinicipal applicant?

Reactions: Katherineyou

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@mamad604 any update for your Sponsorship Application?

Tracker

• AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorshi Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request :
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I just realized our timeline is similar. I'm also a June 4th applicant. My status still the same as yours "application received". I think because the bulk of applications seems to have been received in May, we'll see a delay compared to other applicants, just as we did with AORs. They are almost done receiving applications though, so hopefully after they finish issuing AORs, the process moves faster.

My app status still in "App received" after 42 days of linking them in the myCIC. It's over a month since the AoR.
I just realized our timeline is similar. I'm also a June 4th applicant. My status still the same as yours "application received". I think because the bulk of applications seems to have been received in May, we'll see a delay compared to other applicants, just as we did with AORs. They are almost done receiving applications though, so hopefully after they finish issuing AORs, the process moves faster.
I am in the same boat

Reactions: padillag.tati

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Mona, I agree with @snganu. I have a similar case as yours. When I landed as PR nearly 6 years ago, I got my mom to Canada on Visitor visa. And then file for extension in 5th month. The extension is easy to file and can be done online. I always get extension for 1 year (thank god). Then send my mom back to India before extension expires for 3 to 6 weeks. And do the same thing again. She is with us for last 6 years like this and by god's grace, her PR is now in process in 2019. Going to US does not extend the stay, so your mom will have to return to India after every 1.5 years. All the best to you.
So when you apply for the extension online, no questions are asked?

Also do you have to produce a one year medical insurance to apply for an extension ?

I am guessing supervisa is a better option after the initial 1.5 years are over!! What are the challenges in getting the supervisa apart from the fact that my mom needs to be physically present in India during the application process.

unsvn.it

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NSVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2015
AOR Received.
10-07-2015
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Passport Req..
15-03-2016 (DM: 16-03-2016)
Are your parents in Canada? Did you get fingerprints request from Mississauga?
My parents are in home country, not in Canada. And I don't know from which center the request was sent. It is not mentioned on the request letter.

Reactions: ankz001

serg777

Jun 4, 2019
Hi @YULIA-2016 @robertp:
I got another letter yesterday. Please update as below:
  • AoR Received (DATE): September 16, 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
  • Ecas Status for PR Application. In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: October 25, 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: October 29, 2019
  • Local Visa Office : CPC-Mississauga
  • Biometric request : October 25, 2019
  • MyCIC update: Submitted
  • IME request : Not yet
  • PCC request: October 31, 2019
  • Additional document / travel history request date / CV-Resume / Passport: October 31, 2019
  • Comment / additional information : None
Thank you
serg777
Line 391

Last edited:

Rav.d

Aug 22, 2019
IMM5562e >> one form only to submit with PA and spouse details.

Tracker site >> Link
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored PeopleParents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:india
  • Sponsor Province:bc
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:may10.2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):aug10.2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorshi Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:sept.20.2019
  • Biometric request Oct18.2019 completed
  • CIC update:
  • IME request Oct.30.2019
  • PCC request:Oct.30.2019
  • Additional document / travel history request date Oct30.2019
  • Comment / additional information :
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun

Reactions: laxsun

Siusiu

Jun 5, 2019
Just wondering if anyone would know if you would get an update in my CIC account when you submitted a webform? or there will be an e-mail notification?

Thanks!