+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
If they confirmed they received your application, there is nothing to worry about. Your case is definitely out of trend (going by the tracker) but that is also the case with many other applicants. Sometimes it takes longer for some applications to be started/reviewed for some reason but as long as they have it in their system, you shouldn't worry.
thanks

coder007

Jan 27, 2018
There is no set pattern this year. Few who submitted in may start got DM on PA and few who submitted in may start are stuck on AOR and few even didnt get any update and they are also from May start.
And for some lucky MAY start applicants, their parents landed already :)
i see. thank you

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
I'm still waiting for ecas to show up and still haven't received AOR. Ottawa received my application on May 22nd. I called CIC and they confirmed they received the application but haven't opened or begun processing.

In the past, CIC has never taken longer than 1 or 2 months to send AOR. This time it has been over 5 months. Is this normal? I'm getting worried.
There are lot of people from May 22- May 23 that are kind of stuck either at AOR or In process just after receiving AOR. I am wondering what is going on in there. But you are not the only one in this case. Keep an eye out.

dl3152

Aug 13, 2019
Hi all,

My PA application changed to DM on ECAS 3 days ago but I don't see any update under mycic linked application. Does anyone know if I will see an update for DM?

Thanks

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I'm a May 15 applicant and almost all applicants having similar time frame got approved for sponsorship.

They requested my father's death certificate but did not send me the email or letter. I figured that out by calling the call centre.
Sent them the document right away. After one month they told me they didn't accept that. I had to prepare another document.
And now I guess I'll be waiting for another month to hear from them.

In my past experiences with CIC, they're usually not that slow (FSW, Wife Sponsorship and Citizenship), but this time they seem to wait until deadline is reached to start processing the submitted supplemental documents.

Probably they're busy doing "easy" cases and putting aside those need extra care. I can understand that since the officers are all human so the only thing i can do is wait. I am already very lucky on my immigration journey so I don't really have complaint on my mother's progress. At least she can have more time preparing for her immigration as well.

There are lot of people from May 22- May 23 that are kind of stuck either at AOR or In process just after receiving AOR. I am wondering what is going on in there. But you are not the only one in this case. Keep an eye out.

cindi2000

Aug 14, 2019
I'm still waiting for ecas to show up and still haven't received AOR. Ottawa received my application on May 22nd. I called CIC and they confirmed they received the application but haven't opened or begun processing.

In the past, CIC has never taken longer than 1 or 2 months to send AOR. This time it has been over 5 months. Is this normal? I'm getting worried.

I have the similar situation. After I called the IRCC a few weeks ago, they confirmed no additional documents were needed so far. My package was delivered on May 1 but both Ecas and AOR are not available yet. I think the delay is for some reasons because of depending on the case officer. As long as they have received, it should process later.

Reactions: coder007