+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
After I received an email for Medical, I got an email again advising that I met the Sponsor eligibility but part of the letter confused me in regards to the Biometrics.... Can anyone help me out? Am I going to receive separate email for BIOMETRICS or this is the letter for it?

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
BIOMETRICS (if applicable): On July 31st, 2018, biometrics became a requirement for some IRCC applicants. If your relatives required to complete biometrics, they would have received a request for fees and an instruction letter with details on how to submit biometrics. If they have yet submit biometrics, they should do so immediately.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
received an email for Medical, I got an email again advising that I met the Sponsor eligibility but part of the letter confused me in regards to the Biometrics.... Can anyone help me out? Am I going to receive separate email for BIO
To carry out biometrics, you need to have requisition letter with barcodes to be used by collection service centers. Will have different barcode for US Application Center.

My understanding on biometrics is that, parents who got supervisa after it was made mandatory (July 2018 or Dec 2018 in Asia) might have it in the record.

Last edited:

Lhay

Star Member
Sep 2, 2009
@robertp
Hi,
Just an update:

My parents file was received on May 28, 2019

Received sponsorship approval letter today Oct 25, 2019.

File will be processed at CPC-Mississauga

Thx
Hi,
Did you received the three pages letter which stated on the second page all the documentation required for sponsored family member? Have you received a separate letter for BIOMETRICS?

Thanks
To carry out biometrics, you need to have requisition letter addressed to collection service centers.

My understanding on biometrics is that, parents who got supervisa after it was made mandatory (July 2018 or Dec 2018 in Asia) will have it in the record.
Thank you for your response. My parents got their VISA on May 2018. Do you think we should expect requisition letter even though I am processing their application here in Canada.

Thanks.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,
Did you received the three pages letter which stated on the second page all the documentation required for sponsored family member? Have you received a separate letter for BIOMETRICS?

Thanks

Thank you for your response. My parents got their VISA on May 2018. Do you think we should expect requisition letter even though I am processing their application here in Canada.

Thanks.
I got separate biometric requisition letter from CPC-M.
My SA letter was only two pages that came weeks after biometrics request.
I think you will get separate bio req letter if the generic letter does not have barcodes.

Last edited:

SAMHR

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
File Transfer...
15-05-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-09-2015
LANDED..........
23-10-2015
I have called the IRCC and the agent told me that my application is still in pre-assessment stage and everything looks good, they are not waiting for any document from me or any other organization. there is no clue why it is taking so long.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
i got this

Applicants for permanent residence can receive instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status by creating an online account. Find out how.

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:
Not this one. This is about to link your application ONLY if you receive AOR.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/introduction.do?app=null
enter your information ( uci,date of birth,..) it will show application received

gillQA

Star Member
Dec 15, 2018
Ontario
Hello Experts,
Taking OSAP is considered as social assistance ? and will application got declined if somone has taken OSAP?
Please advise
Thanks

Netesteph

Jan 31, 2019
Hi guys
I'm one of those very lucky applicants! my application was received on May 9 and stuck in process since July 26.
I received my GCMS notes today and it says that my SA application is in "pre-assessment status"
The only thing that I noticed on the GCMS notes under Outgoing it shows that CIC has requested "Province - Request Letter" which I think is the letter than the call center agent told me a few weeks back that they need to confirm if I have ever received social assistance.
Apparently I have never received any kind of assistance, EI, loan, OSAP, etc.

Anyone who have requested GCMS notes, see a similar thing requested from the province?

Thanks
Never ordered notes but I spoke to call agent a few weeks back and he told me that was the last note on the file, they sent request letter for my spouse who is a co sponsor. My status was on process at the time but since last weekend it reverted back to application received. I called to get clarification and he said the latest note was sponsor eligibility is passed BUT no letter received, or update on exams after the backward status to application received. PA is In Process still.

Reactions: Roya-FSW

Tarandeep Sabharwal

Feb 2, 2019
Hi,

Thanks

Thanks.

H. Kazemi

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2014/11/24
Doc's Request.
CC Cashed 2015/1/20 (56 days)
Nomination.....
PER : 2015/2/11 (79 days)
AOR Received.
NO AOR
IELTS Request
Included
Med's Request
2015/03/31
Med's Done....
2015/04/05
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
2015/08/16 (265 Days)
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2015/10/07 - Toronto
Admin, please add me to the tracker
sponsor ppl: mom
parent country: Iran
Province: ON
invitation date: Apr 24
App received: May 7
AOR: Sep 4
Additional Document : Passport all page copy, PCC, Travel history ( IMM5562e), CV/ Resume - Oct 10
IP: Sep 4
DM: Oct 10
LVO: CPC-Mississauga
Medical request: Oct 25
PCC Request: Oct 10
Bio: Not required
Permanent Residence Application: In process

Reactions: robertp

MalayS

Oct 3, 2019
Hi Friends,

We (me and my wife) applied for my parents-in-law sponsorship under PGP 2019. Submitted application by late June 2019. No response from CIC since then. I wanted to know from members if there have been any similar experiences and what to do?