+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I spoke to IRCC agent today. They confirmed that they received the additional supporting documents (Sep 27th mass email request) on Sept 30th, even though I had sent email on Sept 27th itself.

The additional documents are added in the file and the final background review / security check is underway. The agent confirmed that this depends on the workload of the assigned Case Officer and other agency input.

Reactions: ankz001

sekhar_bs

Jan 10, 2016
Hi All
I received AoR for my parents few days ago. They are from India. They are in Canada now on visitor visa. Since, biometrics are to be done outside Canada, I am planning to take them to US for that (they have USA visitor visa). Do I have to wait till biometrics request or can I do it now since I have an application number?

I will be on international travel for entire month of Dec. So don’t want to caught if the request come in Dec. Please suggest.

Manuel786

Nov 30, 2018
In Process dates are available in eCAS.
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
There are two links to click there in the row containing name of sponsored person.

For linking applications, representatives are able to do.
Thank you for your reply.

Some points to be considered in my case: I am the representative and co-sponsor (and the one who prepared and sent everything to Ottawa office) my wife is the main sponsor and the applicant her mother

She has received 3 letters:
Name of the title in the tracking file
Apr 25. Invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor.... Invitations Received Date . Column E
Jul 11. Application accepted under the intake cap for 2019 Acknowledgment of Reception (AOR) Received Date. Column I
Aug 20. ..have meet the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor...and application
will be forwarded to Mexico for further processing. Decision made (DM) as per Ecas (date) Column N

Not sure about Column L
E-case status for sponsorship application but my understanding this refers to the sponsorship acceptance which is given via the letter received on August 20 in our case

and M (In process (IP) as per Ecas).

What Ecas does exactly mean? my understanding is that this means Electronic Client Application Status, but I found out that there are two ways to get an application status, the one gotten linking the application to My CIC account and the link that you provided in your post. Since as a stated in my previous post, I haven't been able to link this application to my mother in law account, nor to the my wife's one, therefore the only way that I have been able to know this application status is via the link you gave me, but in that source the status shown is:

Permanent Residence Application Status = "Application Received"

My question is if the status shown in My CIC account could be different. Anyway I will try again to link this application but I would appreciate if some one can help me with more detail information about where to input applicant info and where the sponsor info.

Another question to the applications forwarded to Mexico Office, since I see that more than two months has passed so far, I need to know please if the Biometrics letter has been sent via email or regular email, because my mother in law has been here in Canada for more than 3 years and I am afraid that they send this letter to her house on Guatemala where nobody is living.

Thank you everyone for your help.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They haven't started Jun 15 applications. According to the tracker they are still sending AOR between Jun 10 - Jun 12 applications. So wait for AOR and SA approval will be another couple of months so take it easy for now.
oh come on, couple of months for AOR? I think it is a couple of weeks.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
I sent my parent's application on June 15 and they have received it on June 17, but still no ecas even available , I'm very worried. If they don't approve our application, how can I understand it? Anybody in the same oat?

Thank you so much,

Reactions: rockwidme

rehank

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Btw I submitted authorization of representative on behalf of my parents in August.
but they did not receive first saying there was no attachment.

So I sent second time by end of August but today when I called to get updates they are claiming they did not receiving any form for authorization under my name. Why is this so ? And they requested to send me authorization again.

So how did you guys send ? Did you guys send via Webform or with application ? And did you include Pincipal applicants UCI only or both Mother and father UCI ? Please advise.

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
I spoke to IRCC agent today. They confirmed that they received the additional supporting documents (Sep 27th mass email request) on Sept 30th, even though I had sent email on Sept 27th itself.

The additional documents are added in the file and the final background review / security check is underway. The agent confirmed that this depends on the workload of the assigned Case Officer and other agency input.
Were these your police check documents, CV and travel documents that you are referring to?

harsimran81

Oct 22, 2019
Hello. Please update my information to the tracker.
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr.25 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 17 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Active
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :

Reactions: robertp

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
I sent my parent's application on June 15 and they have received it on June 17, but still no ecas even available , I'm very worried. If they don't approve our application, how can I understand it? Anybody in the same oat?

Thank you so much,
My application was received on June 20th, No updates since. Please be patient we will hear something pretty soon. They have invited us to apply for this program, so they will have to proceed with our application (As long you meet all the eligibly requirements). Rest assured as we are within the 20K applicants quota for this year. :)

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

Thank you so much,
Check Website

Please tag @YULIA-2016 and @robertp to add / update your info in tracker

• Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.:
  • MyCIC update:
  • Comment :

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hello. Please update my information to the tracker.
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp
  • Sponsored People:2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr.25 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 17 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Active
  • MyCIC update:
  • Comment :
Hi,
They have received our documents exactly on June 17. But no Ecas available yet. could I ask when your Ecas got active?

Thank you,

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Thank you for your reply.

Some points to be considered in my case: I am the representative and co-sponsor (and the one who prepared and sent everything to Ottawa office) my wife is the main sponsor and the applicant her mother

She has received 3 letters:
Name of the title in the tracking file
Apr 25. Invitation to submit a complete application to sponsor.... Invitations Received Date . Column E
Jul 11. Application accepted under the intake cap for 2019 Acknowledgment of Reception (AOR) Received Date. Column I
Aug 20. ..have meet the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor...and application
will be forwarded to Mexico for further processing. Decision made (DM) as per Ecas (date) Column N

Not sure about Column L
E-case status for sponsorship application but my understanding this refers to the sponsorship acceptance which is given via the letter received on August 20 in our case

and M (In process (IP) as per Ecas).

What Ecas does exactly mean? my understanding is that this means Electronic Client Application Status, but I found out that there are two ways to get an application status, the one gotten linking the application to My CIC account and the link that you provided in your post. Since as a stated in my previous post, I haven't been able to link this application to my mother in law account, nor to the my wife's one, therefore the only way that I have been able to know this application status is via the link you gave me, but in that source the status shown is:

Permanent Residence Application Status = "Application Received"

My question is if the status shown in My CIC account could be different. Anyway I will try again to link this application but I would appreciate if some one can help me with more detail information about where to input applicant info and where the sponsor info.

Another question to the applications forwarded to Mexico Office, since I see that more than two months has passed so far, I need to know please if the Biometrics letter has been sent via email or regular email, because my mother in law has been here in Canada for more than 3 years and I am afraid that they send this letter to her house on Guatemala where nobody is living.

Thank you everyone for your help.