+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
Hi,
My mother is currently in Canada on Visitor's visa and is going back home mid Jan next year. She has received Biometris with deadline for 5th Nov. I have sent webform to request extension, which is still unanswered. I didn't know if my file has been sent to LVO or not, since I have never received any SA letter. Then my mom forwarded me an email she has received from CIC Pretoria which just says this one line
"Dear XXX,
This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2019/05/21.
"

I then sent another webform last night. And this time, I have specified Pretoria as LVO. They replied to me this morning with the following:
"
PRETIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
Good day,

You can proceed with the biometrics as soon as you are able to. Your application will remain open until such a time that a review has been completed. Should there be any information/documents still outstanding, you will be sent an email requesting the information/documents.

Regards,

Migration Section | Service de migration
High Commission of Canada in South Africa | Haut-commissariat du Canada en Afrique du Sud
Government of Canada | Gouvernement du Canada1103 Arcadia Street, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0028 or
Web Site: www.canadainternational.gc.ca/southafrica-afriquedusud/
Email: pretimmigration@international.gc.ca

"

I'll wait for the biometrics collection centers to open in Toronto or else she'll do it when she gets back home. It's taking 77 days to get an interview for US visa, anyway.

Now I have a question. Ecas shows Decision made for Sponsor, my mom has received the above 1 line email and biometrics request too, but I have never received any SA letter. Could it be that they missed sending the SA letter? or is there a chance that my sponsorship didn't get approved. Though I do meet the LICO requirements.

Thanks.

Hafsa_ahmed

Jan 3, 2018
Hi
I’m planning to apply for my parents.
They are US citizens and I’m thinking of applying for Canadian Immigration.
Can someone walk me through the processing time and how many cases are successful and how many cases gets rejected on what Basis.
Highly appreciate your help.
Thank you

cheemais

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014
File Transfer...
23-02-2015
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
24-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2015
Hi
I’m planning to apply for my parents.
They are US citizens and I’m thinking of applying for Canadian Immigration.
Can someone walk me through the processing time and how many cases are successful and how many cases gets rejected on what Basis.
Highly appreciate your help.
Thank you
1. Wrong thread
2. Everybody's time is valuable. Please try searching on your own first - this information is easily available.

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hello. Please update my information to the tracker.
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:2
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:India
  • Sponsor Province: Ontario
  • Invitations Receive Date: Apr.25 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: June 17 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl.: Active as on October 21 2019
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date :
  • Comment :
I sent my parent's application on June 15 but still no ecas even available , I'm very worried. If they don't approve our application, how can I understand it?

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
I sent my parent's application on June 15 but still no ecas even available , I'm very worried. If they don't approve our application, how can I understand it?
They haven't started Jun 15 applications. According to the tracker they are still sending AOR between Jun 10 - Jun 12 applications. So wait for AOR and SA approval will be another couple of months so take it easy for now.

BeingRamy

Jun 20, 2019
Can anyone help me, please.. I got letter from CIC asking me to submit IMM5406. I submitted the completed form signed by the applicants with my application. I saw in the excel tracker a lot of other people got asked to submit IMM 5406 as well. Does anyone know why they are asking people to submit that form again. I wanna make sure they dont return my form again.

dev514

Oct 2, 2018
Can anyone help me, please.. I got letter from CIC asking me to submit IMM5406. I submitted the completed form signed by the applicants with my application. I saw in the excel tracker a lot of other people got asked to submit IMM 5406 as well. Does anyone know why they are asking people to submit that form again. I wanna make sure they dont return my form again.
Did you write all the names and other information in your native language? If you did then you are fine.

amitaf88

Oct 22, 2019
please help.
i am sponsoring my parents. My daughter was born a month ago. how do I update this info in my application?
Via web form or call?