+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
what is your Sponsorship Application In process date?
is your Sponsorship Application DM is on Aug 22?

you mean Oct 10 is your PR Applcation In process date?
is you got DM for PR?
I wish i could upload a screen shot of my ECAS.

Sponsorship Application DM was on Aug 22 via email from CPC-M.

I provided the below from ECAS (minus the applicant name)

Permanent Residence Application(s)

For instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status, create an online account. Find out how.

Applicant
Permanent Residence Application Status
XXXXXX Decision Made

Reactions: robertp

snganu

Oct 2, 2011

For instant email updates and more detailed, up-to-date case status, create an online account. Find out how.

Applicant
XXXXXX Decision Made
And your case also tells me that they are still doing it based on initial application received date as your is May 3rd submission originally. Many from May 6-10 did submit all documents as you on Sep 28, but their ecas has not changed yet. @rhonaleen17 is also May 03rd.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada

Applicant
XXXXXX Decision Made

Applicant
XXXXXX Decision Made
login with your UCI and check Sponsorship Application status. click on underline application status to get In process date for Sponsorship Application. your in process dated will be in 2nd line.

you got DM for Permanent Residence Application today. correct!

Last edited:

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
login with your UCI and check Sponsorship Application status. click on underline application status to get In process date for Sponsorship Application. your in process dated will be in 2nd link.

Never really used my own UCI to login before for this application but it worked like a charm too. Following are the updates (minus names) from both links;

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX on May 2, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on August 19, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on May 2, 2019.
  2. We started processing XXXXX's application on October 10, 2019.
  3. We sent XXXX medical instructions on August 20, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent XXXX correspondence on October 2, 2019. If XXXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

S_Thind

Apr 24, 2019
Hey guys.. I got a Biometrics request letter for my parents, even though my parents were in Canada at the time of application (currently also in Canada), and I mentioned Canadian address for them on the application. The biometrics letter also have Canadian address on it. They should have been exempt from biometrics.

Guide 5772 says:

"If you are applying as a member of the family class and are legally in Canada when you apply, you are currently exempt from giving biometrics."
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5772-application-sponsor-parents-grandparents.html

Do you guys think it's a mistake that the IRCC officer requested biometrics (officer might not have noticed Canadian address), or it would have been intentional?

Do you think if I call IRCC or submit web-form, they can cancel the biometrics request, or now that I have got this request, it has to be done?
I am on same boat, My Mother is here in Canada. Can you let me know what would be our next steps? She doesnt have US Visa either, Can we just send request via Webform for exempt?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Never really used my own UCI to login before for this application but it worked like a charm too. Following are the updates (minus names) from both links;

Sponsorship
  1. We received your application to sponsor XXXX on May 2, 2019.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXX.
  2. We started processing your application on August 19, 2019.
  3. We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Permanent Residence
  1. We received XXXX's application for permanent residence on May 2, 2019.
  2. We started processing XXXXX's application on October 10, 2019.
  3. We sent XXXX medical instructions on August 20, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us with the information requested as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  4. Medical results have been received.
  5. We sent XXXX correspondence on October 2, 2019. If XXXX has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please have XXXX do so as soon as possible. Please wait until XXXX receives the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
Thank you

Reactions: niel_ca

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I cant see any instruction about Medical in Instruction guide for PGP.

My question is can we do upfront Medical. Is it acceptable for pgp application? And how results are sent in upfront medical. Anyone did it for their parents? Were those accepted?
You cannot do upfront medical as the doctor will need the barcode from your IME letter.

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
No not an acknowledgement email. However, they reached out to me again regarding my Father's PCC. One of the pages didnt get uploaded properly since i converted that into PDF. They asked for it to be re-uploaded. I got the Additional Document Request Mass email like quite a few people here on Sept 27th and uploaded it all by the next day.

On Oct 3rd, i received the email asking for the re-upload of PCC. That was the last communication. I uploaded it again on that evening (properly this time lol)
Uploaded??? Have u sent your docs by email or uploaded to somewhere?

niel_ca

Star Member
Dec 22, 2016
login with your UCI and check Sponsorship Application status. click on underline application status to get In process date for Sponsorship Application. your in process dated will be in 2nd line.

So should i expect a PPR as the next step? probably a dumb question.......