+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello everyone,

Can my Korean wife sponsor her sister to come to Canada? Both of her parents passed away when she was young, so her sister was her guardian.

People have told me no, because she has a spouse already in Canada, me. I'm Canadian. This doesn't seem to match what I have read about Parent and Grandparent Family Class however.

I then heard if we have a baby, then it is possible because the baby needs a next of kin if no grandparents.

Any insight here?
Please post this in the main forum: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/family-class-sponsorship.5/

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi everyone,

I have had to renew my passport and I believe I need to send a copy of the full passport to IRCC. Is it best to scan and send via email or by the Webform? I am not very computer orientated so which would be the easiest way for me to do this. Any assistance would be appreciated. Many thanks
Webform

SAM_2014

Oct 17, 2015
Visa Office......
London (Previous MCH Current BWJ)
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07- 2014
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
14-11- 2014
AOR Received.
------
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
14-11-2014
Med's Request
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
07-10- 2015 Ecas Medical have been received 14-10-2015
Interview........
04-10- 2015 (Updated PCC & FORMS)
Passport Req..
08-02 2016 Alhamdolilah
VISA ISSUED...
Passport submitted 11-02-2016 & received 15-03-2016 Alhamdolilah
LANDED..........
29-04-2016
SA letter received on Oct 8. AR 17th May.

File transferred to Los Angeles, not sure how is this visa office but heard pretty slow it is as well. I expected them fast VO. Anyone with Los Angeles VO please comment or DM so we can stay in contact. Thanks
@robertp @YULIA-2016 @laxsun
AOR date missing in tracker

Reactions: laxsun

gcodtao

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi there,it will be my first time to drive going to US (if i will receive bio request). Is it easy
if it is te first time, you need to set asidr more time as you need to go to the office to get your i94 white paper to stick in your passport.

if you prefer not to mention the biometrics, they wont know. just say sightseeing

Swainy

Star Member
Sep 15, 2019
I know this has been addressed previously and have tried to look on the forum for the answer, unfortunately I haven’t been able to find it. How do I get the webform and what do I need to answer to upload the copy of my passport, once again, many thanks

ilovecanada11

Star Member
Sep 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Can my Korean wife sponsor her sister to come to Canada? Both of her parents passed away when she was young, so her sister was her guardian.

People have told me no, because she has a spouse already in Canada, me. I'm Canadian. This doesn't seem to match what I have read about Parent and Grandparent Family Class however.

I then heard if we have a baby, then it is possible because the baby needs a next of kin if no grandparents.

Any insight here?

You may want to check with a lawyer. There's a special category for people who have no other family members (they mention single people though, not married).

Check this link

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives/who-you-can-sponsor.html

Example 2: Eligible to sponsor a cousin
Sam is an only child. His parents and grandparents have passed away. He was raised in the United States by his only cousin. He immigrated to Canada as a permanent resident. He’s single (doesn’t have a spouse or a common-law partner). Sam doesn’t have any relatives in Canada who are Canadian citizens, permanent residents or registered Indians. Sam wants to sponsor his American cousin. His cousin is single (doesn’t have a spouse or a common-law partner).

Sam meets the requirements to sponsor his cousin to come to Canada because he doesn’t have:

• a close living relative he could sponsor instead (such as a spouse, partner, child, sibling, parent or grandparent) and
  • any other relative who is a citizen, permanent resident or registered Indian of Canada.

sbo2019

Aug 27, 2019
wait. What? Here's a twist now. Did they actually gave u that Information on the phone? Did they not tell u if its approved or not?
@robertp
What does your ecas show? And mycic ?
My application is May 8. I dropped the ball by waiting for emails, checking ecas via the online tool and the timeline slider page of my cic a/c.
Apparently, they had asked for PCC, Copy of Passport pages and Proof of Medicals since around August or so and yesterday was the deadline for submission which I missed!
I never checked my "view submitted application or upload documents" on my cic account. All these requests were sitting there all these while with Oct. deadline and I just kept waiting. They sent my an email yesterday morning (which was what I saw and told @robertp to update my tracker).
Now I have a 15 day ultimatum to produce it else application cancellation.
Summary guys, this might be obvious to many, but Do not wait for emails! Dig into every inch of that cic page for request/updates everyday....Can't believe I missed requests for over a month! I stopped checking after my LVO was changed:(
My few cents...
Will update you guys next week after I call them to check on things. They'd probably be hard to reach because of the thanksgiving holiday..

maleeksha

Star Member
Nov 26, 2015
Category........
PNP
@YULIA-2016 and @robertp pls add my info in tracker

Update : line # (don't see my line in the new tracker, it used to be around line #267)
  • Sponsored People: Mom
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: South Africa
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: April 24
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: May 21
  • AoR Received (DATE): Sep 4
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship appl. and PR appl : DM and In Process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: Sept 19
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Biometric request date : Oct 5
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME / PCC / travel history request date : No
  • Comment : Additional Doc request July 18
Thank you

Reactions: robertp

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@robertp @YULIA-2016

Please update the tracker with the following information:

Line # 313
Sponsorship application: Decision made on Sept 24, 2019
IME (Medical) request received: Sept 27, 2019
SA letter received and additional document request for PCC: Oct 4, 2019
LVO: CPC Mississauga
IME completed on Oct 10, 2019 at New Delhi

Thank you!!
what is your SA in process date as per Ecas?

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Holiday season started in India
@robertp

My application is May 8. I dropped the ball by waiting for emails, checking ecas via the online tool and the timeline slider page of my cic a/c.
Apparently, they had asked for PCC, Copy of Passport pages and Proof of Medicals since around August or so and yesterday was the deadline for submission which I missed!
I never checked my "view submitted application or upload documents" on my cic account. All these requests were sitting there all these while with Oct. deadline and I just kept waiting. They sent my an email yesterday morning (which was what I saw and told @robertp to update my tracker).
Now I have a 15 day ultimatum to produce it else application cancellation.
Summary guys, this might be obvious to many, but Do not wait for emails! Dig into every inch of that cic page for request/updates everyday....Can't believe I missed requests for over a month! I stopped checking after my LVO was changed:(
My few cents...
Will update you guys next week after I call them to check on things. They'd probably be hard to reach because of the thanksgiving holiday..
What do you mean by LVO changed, did they give you one LVO and later changed ?

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
All,
In travel forms, what is one supposed to fill in purpose of visit for regular parents visit in last 10 years
Do I write "Visitor" or "Family Visit/Tourism" ?