vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Urgent
If parent does not have formal birth/education certificates and Voter ID card is lost, what do I submit as proof of birth ? Is AADHAR or PAN card acceptable ? or do I need to submit an affidavit
Does anyone have format for birth affidavit ?

I am surprised that some are requested for birth certificate/resume and other documents whereas some only PCC/Travel form from CPC-M ?
If your parents go to any Notary in their city, they have standard format for the affidavit. They just fill-in personal details. My parents got their marriage affidavit made in Delhi and it's cost was Rs 500.

Reactions: snganu

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
A lot of people are asking for a template for the affidavit in Lieu of Birth Certificate, here is a sample.

Affidavit of _____________(Name of person providing affidavit) regarding the Birth of __________(name of international needing evidence of his/her birth)

I, _______________(Name of person providing the affidavit), am a citizen of _______(country) and currently reside in ________________(address). I was born on _____________(date of birth) in ___________________________(city, country). At the times of ___________(name of individual whose birth is being verified), I was living in ___________________(location). I am familiar with the circumstances of his/her birth because I am __________________(describe relationship to person whose birth is being verified).

____________(Name of person whose birth is being verified) was born on ________ (date) in _________(location). He/she was born to _______________________(Name of father) and _________________ (name of mother).

It is difficult to obtain birth records for individuals born during this time. ____________(name of person whose birth is being verified) was not issued a birth certificate at the time of his/her birth.

Signature of person providing affidavit Date signed

Sworn to and signed before me this ______ day of __________, 2019.

_______________________ (certifying Official/Notary Public)

ryanguy90

Jan 25, 2017
Call center agent told me my mom got LVO Mississauga and not letter says NDVO. it looks processing in NDVO is very slow.
Hi,

I did receive the SA letter through email advising that sponsor has been approved. The LVO indicated is New Delhi. Parents are from Nepal. However, my parents are here in Canada, BC (on supervise) and they will be here for at least a year.

1.I am wondering if it will be better to call CIC and advise them to change LVO to Mississauga? I have mixed information from reading previous posts, some are saying LVO cannot be changed, while others are able to call the call centre and change it. It seems like it's faster processing through Mississauga compared to New Delhi.

2.Also since I received the SA letter yesterday, I don't have any requirements for new information. I am guessing we will need to provide medical and biometrics. My parents did have their biometrics taken when they applied for US visitor visa, would that be sufficient even though it was done more than 6 months ago? What can I expect for the next steps and how long will it take for them to inform me regarding next steps? Adding to this point, when I log onto cic, I do see the following:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:

Application received on May 8th. SA letter received on 8th of October. It's for parents.

Any help or feedback is much appreciated.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Reactions: sbo2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi,

I did receive the SA letter through email advising that sponsor has been approved. The LVO indicated is New Delhi. Parents are from Nepal. However, my parents are here in Canada, BC (on supervise) and they will be here for at least a year.

1.I am wondering if it will be better to call CIC and advise them to change LVO to Mississauga? I have mixed information from reading previous posts, some are saying LVO cannot be changed, while others are able to call the call centre and change it. It seems like it's faster processing through Mississauga compared to New Delhi.

2.Also since I received the SA letter yesterday, I don't have any requirements for new information. I am guessing we will need to provide medical and biometrics. My parents did have their biometrics taken when they applied for US visitor visa, would that be sufficient even though it was done more than 6 months ago? What can I expect for the next steps and how long will it take for them to inform me regarding next steps? Adding to this point, when I log onto cic, I do see the following:

Biometrics:
  • Biometrics Number:
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment:
  • Expiry Date:

Application received on May 8th. SA letter received on 8th of October. It's for parents.

Any help or feedback is much appreciated.
You cannot change LVO.

Also read this: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-1560#post-8198912

amity21

Oct 9, 2019
Please add me to the list. I received the invitation to sponsor my parents from India on April 24, 2019. My application was received in Ottawa on June 27th 2019. I live in ON, Canada. I have not received any response/email from CiC

Reactions: laxsun

mayorok

Oct 20, 2013
Burlington
what is your Local Visa office for PR application?
CIC made a typo in my email address and I have been trying to make them change it (submitted a webform). Because of that, I have not received any email (such as SA) that would show an LVO. CIC is being notoriously slow in making changes to profile data. They made a typo in May in my stepfather's last name and in the meantime they have not corrected it although they did confirm they have all supporting docs from me for the right last name in place to be able to consider the correction.

ashu.thind

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 05
AOR Received.