+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
hi,
my parents don't have their birth certificates and unfortunately can't get them made either. Please share if anyone else was in the same boat? And if yes, what documents did their parents provide?
Thank you

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Thanks for replying....Submitting govt ID like their national identification card can easily be done, but just not sure if that will be accepted in lieu of birth certificate...?
Here is what you can do:
1 - Affidavit from Parents where they state their Date of birth, their parents details and clearly mention the reason why there is no birth certificate available for e.g never registered at concerned authority etc..
2 - Supporting documents like school/degree certificate , National ID card, and any other Govt issued docs like Service history etc that shows personal details and DOB

I think that would be more that enough. Birth certificate is not a required document for PGP unless you are sponsoring your Grand Parents as well in which case a relationship between them needs to be established through birth certificate etc..

Reactions: canadian.dream1

canadian.dream1

Star Member
Jul 18, 2018
Here is what you can do:
1 - Affidavit from Parents where they state their Date of birth, their parents details and clearly mention the reason why there is no birth certificate available for e.g never registered at concerned authority etc..
2 - Supporting documents like school/degree certificate , National ID card, and any other Govt issued docs like Service history etc that shows personal details and DOB

I think that would be more that enough. Birth certificate is not a required document for PGP unless you are sponsoring your Grand Parents as well in which case a relationship between them needs to be established through birth certificate etc..
thank you :)

takinghits16

Apr 12, 2015
I got the Biometrics letters. Is it common to request to have the Biometrics done at a later time? There is no Canada visa application centre (CVAC) in the country of the people i am sponsoring. I have to book flights etc which is very costly and doesn't seem reasonable.

Reactions: robertp

ihg

May 9, 2019
I got request to fill IMM 5562 travel form , my father was passed away in March , do I need to fill his information ?

mandeep2018

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Here is what you can do:

HI guys question about this is this a requirement for everyone or just when cic asks for it? Regarding the parents birth certificate etc

YourMama

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Please can you check your mycic account and see what is under
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information
I did not get PCC request, but I submitted the one which my mom get before coming to Canada and she did not leave Canada after it.
Before it was Not Applicable. I want to understand whether they considered it and are processing background check, or the status automatically changes when LVO (Warsaw) starts to process the application. TIA
@newandold I do not see that line. We still haven't submitted my mother's PCC. It looks like they accepted you old PCC.

Reactions: newandold